The Perfect Blender

1/1

There it was. The perfect blender. Chanyeol licked his lips as he advanced towards it. He would say it was a present for D.O., but in all reality it was for himself. And only himself. He would make the most perfect smoothies and shakes and his life would officially be perfect. And he might even share with the other members if he felt like it, probably not, but maybe.

It was the last in the entire store. And there it sat on that white plastic shelf, practically calling his name. It shimmered with high-tech culinary glory. He reached for it and stroked the corner of the box. Just then he felt the box be tugged away. On instinct he grabbed it back, pulling it towards him.

“That’s mine!” He growled at the girl who was gripping it just as tightly. “I had it first!”

“No! I had it first!” She objected. “Even if I didn’t touch it first, I made eye-contact with it first!”

“You don’t make eye-contact with a blender!” He pulled, slightly dragging this girl across the tiles towards him. “Besides, I can assure you I work much harder than you do!”

She shook her head. “I highly doubt it. You could buy a more expensive blender. One that will make even better smoothies.” She batted her eyelashes, attempting to sweet-talk.

“I could honestly get you in so much trouble for speaking to me this way. What is your name, you arrogant butthole of a woman?” I yelled, continuing the game of tug-of-war. She narrowed her eyes. “Besides, you could get a blender anywhere else. This is my last day to shop, okay?”

“My name is Carese.” She growled.

“And mine is Park Chanyeol. And it is a much better name than CARESE.” He yelled.

“I personally think that name is gayer than the amount of eyeliner you are wearing.” She retaliated.

“My best friend Baekhyun worked hard on this eyeliner! And I’m gonna tell him you said that! He’ll be all sad and you will have ruined Christmas.”

Carese tugged as hard as she could, falling the ground with Chanyeol on top of her. “Oh, now you’re just assaulting me! How immature!” Chanyeol yelled as the blender slid to the end of the aisle. The two tried to untangle their bodies and began crawling to it when someone picked it up, just as they were about to grab it.

“Oh. My. GOD.” Chanyeol looked up to see D.O. staring at the box with wide eyes. “It’s perfect. What do you think, Chanyeol? Wouldn’t it be fabulous in my kitchen?” He squeaked with glee. Chanyeol nodded slowly, his heart sinking as D.O. skipped away towards the checkout.

“You… you’re kidding me, right?” Carese’s voice dropped to a whisper. “It’s… it’s gone.”

Chanyeol pulled his knees to his chest. “Better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all, I guess.” He sighed. She nodded. They sat for a while on the ugly clashing tiles, staring longingly at the empty shelf and thinking of what could have been. All the smoothies and shakes and other classy beverages… they would never be tasted.

“Well, uh, I was thinking…” Carese started. “Wanna come with me to the next store over and try to look for blenders there?” She pushed herself up and offered him a hand. He smiled and nodded.

“I’d like that.” He said, taking her hand and standing next to her. “And uh, I think I should introduce myself to you in an inside voice. I’m Chanyeol. I’m in a band.”

“I’m Carese. My life isn’t as eventful.” She grinned widely. He shook her hand. “And I am sorry for assaulting you over a blender. And for calling your eyeliner gay.”

“It’s okay. I know you didn’t mean it. No one insults me and means it.” He laughed.

“You’re cocky and annoying.”

“You like it though, right?”

“I guess.” She shrugged, giggling softly. “Anyway, let’s go find some kitchen utensils. Since I think we’re on the same team now, right?”

“I suppose so.” He said, linking arms with her and starting towards the door and into the lightly falling snow and over to a coffee shop to see if they might be selling blenders.

“Um, while we’re here, do you want something?” He asked shyly. She nodded and they stood in line for a few minutes, occasionally shoving each other playfully before ordering and getting their drinks. The two sat down on the floor since all the chairs had been taken. They drew little cartoons on the frosted and foggy windows of reindeer and bad stick figures of each other. And they talked. About everything from allergies to exotic fruit in high class restaurants to their favorite things to spread on toast.

“Chanyeol, we’ve gotta go!” Their conversation was interrupted by a giddy D.O. standing in the door with the blender in his arms. Chanyeol nodded and turned to Carese. Before he could say anything, he felt her lips on his. She pulled away quickly, before he could begin to kiss back, and pulled out a permanent marker, scribbling a phone number onto his coffee cup.

“You’re… you’re remarkable.” Chanyeol smiled, immediately regretting his word choice. “I mean, uh, I’ll call you…” He chuckled. She nodded and got up, helping him once again.

“I’ll tell you if I find the perfect blender.” She said. And with that, she was gone, leaving Chanyeol feeling stupid yet ecstatic at the same time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked the first of many oneshots I will dedicate to you, sweet Carese!