Status: **Layout will soon be completed** Download Slender's Woods now for PC! http://www.moddb.com/games/slenders-woods/downloads/slenders-woods-v-11

Always Watching, No Eyes--Slender Woods Series (1)

Not Alone.

The screen door slammed shut with a bang, blasting a wave of warm, sticky air against my face. I sat there for 2 seconds while thoughts rushed through my head. What just happened? I completely lost control over something that wasn't a big idea at all. And now the kid that I babysit ran out the back door into the dark woods where anything could happen: he could fall and break something, get raped, get mugged, or even worse, go missing. I could only do one thing in this situation.
I sprinted through the lawn and into the woods, shouting his name. It was probably hopeless, considering me could run much faster than I can. It's not that I'm slow, he's just super fast for some pre pubescent kid. My bare legs took scrape after scrape of thick brush as I ripped through the dense woods.
"Jamie!! Jamie, please, I'm so sorry!! JAMIE!!" I yelled, breathing hard. I was well into the woods, and I became short of breath. The world spun around me and I realized that sooner or later I'd either hyperventilate or go into shock. I screamed his name and began sobbing. What would I say? How could I look into Mr. and Mrs. Carmichael's eyes and tell them that I lost their child? I'd go to juvy. People would talk about me. I'd never be employed again. Jamie would be gone; probably dead, and the guilt would live with me forever. How could I live with the tugging feeling that I was the cause of someone's death in the pit of my stomach? I began swaying back and forth, feeling terribly claustrophobic in the never ending forest. I deliriously yelled some more, but it was no use. I started to collapse on the ground, inhaling short, quick breaths. The grass of the forest floor cushioned my fall. I felt nothing.

A hand on my shoulder brought me back to reality. Another one, and quick, urgent shaking. I felt slight taps on my face as my eyes slowly opened and focused on what was in front of me. I could hear myself breathing and some mumbles in the background. Jamie was kneeling down next to me, shaking my shoulder and slapping my face. His eyes looked scared and it looked as if he was talking 1,000 miles per hour. I began to hear things again and finally made out what he was saying.
"We have to get out of here, now. Emma, wake up!!! Please!!!!" He silently yelled. I groaned and shook my head a little.
"I'm up...why? What's...going on?" I mumbled as I stood up. Jamie paced in circles.
"I think we're being followed." He said sternly with a serious expression I'd never seen before.
"Wait...what do you mean?" I asked. He fumbled with his shorts pockets and produced a wrinkled piece of paper. On it was a scraggly drawn stick figure man with no face, wearing what seemed to be a suit and tie. Next to him was a similar scraggly drawn tree, and in frantic handwriting was the word "FOLLOWS". My stomach dropped. I felt like I was going to be sick. I'd seen this drawing before...but where?
"I started running back to the house after I found this. I knew I kinda overreacted and I didn't mean to go so far, but in the corner of my eye I saw a tall thing with a white face, but when I looked to the side it was gone. Then I heard you screaming. I have this awful feeling, Emma..." He panicked. I think he was trying not to cry. I didn't blame him. He was only a 13 year old boy. I thought for a bit, and then looked him in the eyes.
"We're gonna get out of this forest okay? I know where I came from and how to get back to the house. It shouldn't be too far. When we get home we can lock all of the doors and windows. We'll be safe, I promise." I hoped that he trusted me. Because I didn't think I even trusted myself. He nodded and we started running through the forest.

"I think we passed that same tree and rock at least four times." Jamie huffed as we ran. We were jogging by now, and it was at least 20 minutes since we tried to get back home. Our path in front of us was illuminated by a tiny key chain flashlight.
"Are you sure we're even going the right way? What if we're just running deeper into the woods?" He complained.
"Hey, shut it. I know where I'm going. I'm 100% positive." I snapped.
Just like that, a pang of pain rammed into my skull. I stopped abruptly and clutched my head with a scream.
"What the hell?!" Jamie yelled.
"MY HEAD." I screamed. I tried my best to look up, dazed with pain. In front of us, about 10 feet away, stood a tall creature with long, spindly arms. He wore a suit of black and a tie. Black tentacle things sprouted from his back.

He had no face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol, okay I lied. It didn't really get more exciting. NEXT CHAPTER THOUGH. Hah.