Status: This fanfic was originally posted on Tumblr, but it barely got any feedback. Hopefully this will become someone's favorite story on here. lol

Two Different Sides of the Track

.Chapter One.

Nohealani

“Have fun on your first day at school honey and be careful!” My mom yelled as I walked towards the door. “Okay mom, love you!” I yelled back, heading out of the door. Today was my first day at a public school. I had been going to a private all-girls school. I convinced my parents to let me spend my last year of high school at a public school with my best friend, Kaili. I wanted to see what it was like. My father was skeptical at first, but after some convincing and my signature pouty face, he caved. You see, I’m daddy’s little princess… as he calls me, so I kind of get my way a lot because I am an only child. I don’t take things for granted, though. I know I’m very fortunate to have the things that I have, but I also know that it can be taken away with the quickness, so I appreciate everything.
I threw my book bag in the back seat, got in the driver’s side, started the car and drove off to meet Kai & Rey at my new school. I had to cross some train tracks into a different neighborhood, but I didn’t mind. I wanted to meet some new people besides the stuffy, snobby bitches and conceited guys in my neighborhood. I’m also happy to get away from my boyfriend Eric. I mean I love him, but I hate him too. He’s so controlling. My parents kind of set me up with him because he’s my father’s boss’s son. Things were going good at first, but now Eric is just an asshole. He’s an inconsiderate, pompous jackass. I received 3 text messages from him since I left for school. So I checked them all.
Noelle, make sure you call me when you get to school.
-Eric

Why haven’t you responded? You were supposed to call me.
-Eric

Noelle, don’t make me mad, you know how I get when I’m pissed off.
-Eric

I read that last message and rolled my eyes, he’s not gonna do anything to me, he’s always threatening to do something, when all he’s going to do is apologize over and over for his threats. Sometimes I regret the day I even met Eric.
………………..
I arrived at school and saw Rey, I waved at her and then I saw Kaili standing by her car talking to some guy. He was kind of cute, tall, caramel skin, and it looks like they’re really into each other. I got out of my car and stood next to Kai and then Rey walked over, I cleared my throat. “Noelle! Reyvin!” “Hey!” We said in unison. She looked at the guy. “Oh, Jalen, these are my best friends Nohealani & Reyvin, girls, this is Jalen.” She said introducing us. “Nice to meet you both. Wait, is it Noelle or Nohealani?” “My name is Nohealani, but most people call me Noelle for short on account that a lot of people can’t pronounce my name right.” I said. “Oh, iight, that’s a pretty name.” “Thank you.” “Yo, J what’s up man?!” I heard someone yell. I looked over and saw a guy, running over. He was a little lighter than Jalen and he seemed a bit taller and he was tatted up from what I can see. “Chris, what up my nigga?” “Chillin, chillin… not ready for this school year.” “Hey, smiley Kaili and rockin Reyvin” Kaili & Rey busted out laughing. “Hey Chris.” They said “Whoa, who is this?” He asked looking at me. “Oh, this is our best friend Nohealani.” Chris looked at Kai confused. “Huh?” I busted out laughing. “Just call me Noelle for short.” “Cool, that’s a nice name. It fits you.” “Thank you, I know it’s kind of hard to pronounce, that’s why I tell people to call me Noelle because very few people can pronounce my name the right way.” “I didn’t wanna fuck it up, that’s why I said ‘huh?’” He said laughing. “Let’s go in before we end up late on our first day back. Plus, I don’t want Noelle to be late on her first day here.” Kaili said heading towards the door. “Oh, new girl huh?” Chris said smiling at me. “Yeah, I had to convince my parents to let me come here. I came from a private all-girls school.” Chris looked at Jalen and grinned. “Stop it, it’s an all-girls school, which means no boys allowed, period unless you’re picking someone up after school or visiting on certain hours.” Kai said. “Damn.” Jalen said. “She’s right though. That school was strict as hell.” I said. “Chris! Baby!” I saw a girl walking up. She wrapped her arms around Chris and kissed him on the cheek.” “Hey, Tika.” I heard Kaili say something under hear breath and then grabbed my arm, Rey shook her head and followed us. “Jalen, I’ll see you guys later.” She looked the girl up and down and then dragged me to the office to get my schedule. “Who was that?” I asked. “Chris’ bitchy girlfriend Martika. I can’t stand her.” She rolled her eyes. “Damn, what did she do?” I asked. “She’s a bitch, she hates any girl who even talks to Chris, like he can’t have female friends, like she owns him or something.” She shook her head. One of the secretaries gave me my schedule and a locker. “Well, she’s just going to have to deal with it. I mean he’s obviously going to have female friends right? So why trip about it as long as he has eye for only her?” “I saw the way he looked at you, Noelle. He was low key flirting.” She said. “Oh stop Kaili, you know I’m with Eric.” “Fuck him. Controllin ass bastard.” “She’s right Noelle, Eric is just… ugh! I hate that you’re with him.” Reyvin said. I just looked at her and shook my head. Kaili & Reyvin never liked Eric, they think he’s no good for me. “Why do ya’ll hate him so much?” I asked them. “Because he controls you, Noelle.” Kai said. “He wants to keep tabs on you at all times like you’re a child or something. You don’t have to stay with him because he’s your father’s boss’s son you know.” Rey said. “I know, but…” Kai cut me off. “No buts, you really need to break up with him before things really get out of hand.” I just sighed. I get where they’re coming from, Eric has shown more signs of being a controlling asshole, but I don’t want to disappoint my parents or get my dad fired because I broke up with his boss’s son.
………………..
Before I got to my first class, I felt my phone vibrate. Looking at the screen, I saw that it was Eric, so I answered. “Why haven’t you answered any of my texts, Noelle?” “Eric, look I’m sorry okay, today is my first day at a new school and I wanted to make sure I got here on time.” I heard him sigh. “I just wanna be sure that you’re safe.” He said. “I’m fine, Eric… really.” “Call me when you get home, okay.” “ will.” I said. “I love you.” “I love you too, Eric.” After hanging up, I walked into class. Today was really going to be an interesting day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I spelled out her whole first name in only a few chapters, the rest of the chapters I'll be using her nickname which is Noelle :)