Impermissible

Impermissible

I was about to speak when my phone went off.
Situations are irrelevant now!
“Hello?” I answer.
It was my mom. She wanted be to come home earlier to prepare for my new school tomorrow.
“but it's only five!” I argue back.
She wasn't buying it.
“Ugh fine.” I say in defeat.
Then she said something that made my skin boil.
“Peanut can stay?! That is so not fair!” I yell.
She started to complain.
“Okay fine, fine.” I say hanging up the phone.
“Sorry, I have to go.” I mumble while walking out of the elevator.
“Wait.” he called out.
I turn around.
“I didn't get your name.” he said.
I was about to reply back with a smart alec remark, when Max my cousin came out of nowhere.
“Jessica, we need to go now!” he stated grabbing me.
He didn't know I didn't like being called that. We had only met twice and I hadn't gotten around to correcting him yet. He was sixteen. Only a year younger than me, not even a year more like months. He was gay and I already loved him like I knew him whole life.
“What's the hurry?” I asked.
“I told my mom I'd get you home, but i didn't realize it was time for Degrassi to come on and then after that Top Model!” he said.
“oh-my-gawd Max Degrassi stopped being good like 2 seasons ago, and Top Model went down hill after cycle 5 or 6.” I told him.
He looked at me in disbelief. And then we started to the car. We were home in no time. My mom was outside waiting for me.
“Good, your home now, lets get started.” she stated happily.
Uh-no. I thought. We walk into my room and she had new school supplies laying out everywhere.
“What is all this?” I ask.
“Well I got you new stuff!” she beamed.
There in front of me was a new backpack, pens and pencils, binders, folders, I mean everything!
“Ugh.” I turned around and shrieked in my head when I saw what was hanging up.
“Ohmigawd, what is that?” I ask in horror.
“Oh, I got a new outfit for you to were tomorrow.” she said simply.
“Oh, gee thanks.” I say dryly.
“Good” she said satisfied.
The rest of the day when by in a blur. I went to bed at ten to my dismay. I woke up at six twenty and groaned. I was going to look like a loser getting to school this early...but my mom insisted on it. Luckily Bryan was picking me up. Then my phone started to vibrate. I go to the counter and answer it, “Bryan?” I ask.
“I can't pick you up. I'm running late and got something else to do before school. Okay?”
“Why can't I come with you?”I ask.
“It'll take too much time to pick you up.” he replied.
“ugh but-.” He cut me off.
“Take the bus!”
“Fine!” I say hanging up the phone. I was to mad to stay on the phone. Now i had to catch the bus. I grab my stuff and held to the bathroom. I sigh and look at the outfit my mom had bought me.
“Ugh.” was all I could say. I but on the designer jeans that had rhinestones on the back pockets, and have to jump to make sure that's as high as the go. Then I but on the white and light pink shirt...she could have at least gotten a hot pink one. I head back to my room and stuff a tank top and and a old jean skirt. I unzip the small compartment and put my bracelets, good socks, and kiddie make up in there and zip it close.
“there.” I mutter.
Then I hear the door open. I spin around to be face to face with my mom. Shit. I thought.
“What's in the bag hun?” she asked stepping forward slightly.
“Nothing.” I say blocking my bag.
She walked forward slowly.
“Lemme see it.” she said
“Why do you need to?”
She gave me a look that made the hair on the back of my neck stand. I step aside. And she opens my bag and pulls out my change of clothes.
“Ugh.”
“No.” she says. “No, no, no”
“But mom!” I complain.
“No that's it.” she says walking out with my clothes.
I curse in frustration. I finish getting ready and leave my room. I walk into the kitchen and stare at the clock. It was going on seven.
“Where's dad?” I ask walking to the fridge.
“Gone.” Jordan says fixing a bowl of cereal.
“Tell mom I'm leaving.”
Jordan looked at me alarmingly.
“NOT like that you dofus!” I almost yell.
“Why can't mom drop you off?”
“Yes but I don't want to be there with mom so I'm leaving now.” I reply.
“Oh, good luck then.” he said slurping his milk.
I walk out the door with my bag and head for the bus. I got to school at a quarter to eight.