Christmas Cake

Christmas Cake

I moved around the kitchen slowly as I began to make Christmas dinner as both Niall and my family would be arriving soon for Christmas dinner. Niall had so graciously offered our home this year for dinner.

“Something smells good.” Niall’s Irish accent came from the doorway. I turned to see him staring at all the food hungrily.

“Get out.” I said sternly. He pouted instantly and his eyes turned sorrowful.

“Just a little?” He asked in a quiet voice. I rolled my eyes at him.

“No, you can wait until everyone gets here.” I told him sternly. He sighed before leaving and disappearing somewhere else in the house.

I smiled softly and continued to stir the desert in the wooden mixing bowl I held in my left arm. All the while I swayed on the spot to Justin Bieber’s Mistletoe that played through the kitchen.

It's the most beautiful time of the year,
Lights fill the streets spreading so much cheer,
I should be playing in the winter snow,
But I'mma be under the mistletoe.


A soft voice sung in my ear as Niall’s hand placed themselves on my waist and he swayed with me. I giggled softly as he continued to sing in my ear. I felt Niall’s lips against the spot below my ear before the mixing bowl was taken out of my grip and put on the counter in front of us. I turned my head and frowned at Niall, confused.

He shot me a smirk, before gripping my waist tighter and spinning around so my face was against his chest. I glanced up at him to be met with his lips on mine. I sighed happily into the kiss as our lips moved together slowly and freely.

Niall pulled away and stepped back, grabbing onto my hand and spinning me around in a circle before pulling my body against his warm one. He placed one hand on my hip and gently ran the other one down my left arm until he reached my hand. Shivers rocked through my body at the feel of his skin on mine.

The gentle grip of his hand in mine easily led me in a waltz around the kitchen, the whole time a smile permanently plastered on his face as his eyes never left my blue eyes. Giggled fell from my mouth easily and without control as I gracefully moved with him allowing him to lead.

He was good at the waltz considering I had just taught him the steps for it last week. Only a couple of times did he steps feel hesitant before he would freely spin me and pull me back against him.

As the last notes of Mistletoe finished, Niall leaned forward and gently pushed my back down in a final dip. I laughed louder as I complied with his wishes and arched my back against his stomach forming a perfect dip.

Niall’s small chuckled filled my ear as he straightened us both up and ran his lips across my ear and down my neck.

“Niall...” I whispered breathlessly before the doorbell rang.

I sighed and pulled back from Niall as he pouted at me.

“Let’s just ignore it.” He said stepping forward to grab a hold of me.

“It’s probably our families love.”

“We see them all the time, they can come back later.” He whispered darkly against my ear before moving his lips sensually across my neck again, moving my brown hair out of the way in the process.

I gasped as he bit and licked at a certain spot on my neck. I instantly arched against him before the doorbell ran again. I pulled away straight away.

“If you leave a hickey out in the open, my father will literally kill you.” I told him sternly, placing a hand against my neck.

He smirked and licked his lips at me. I shook my head at him before turning and heading towards the door.

I greeted mine and Niall’s family warmly and invited into the house. Heaps of presents were placed in my hands as well as hugs and kisses eagerly handed out. I led everyone into the kitchen as they talked loudly.

Niall leant against the counter casually and smiled at his and my family, greeting them all as I moved some baking around. I searched for the cooking bowl I just had to see it placed at the counter Niall was just leaning on. I stared suspiciously at the bowl before glancing over at Niall who was being fussed over by both our mothers.

“Niall you didn’t try this did you?” I asked breaking into the fussing. Niall glanced from me to the dish with a confused look on his face and easily shook his head.

“Good because then you wouldn’t get any later.” I smiled up at him happily before leaning in to press a kiss to his lips. He eagerly responded and licked the bottom of my lip, I gently let him in, much to his own surprise as I normally refused to show to much affection in front of my parents.

The moment his tongue hit mine, realisation dawned. I pulled back to glare at him.

“I can taste the chocolate in your mouth Niall!” I said sternly. He blushed darkly and glanced around the room, biting his lip.

“I love you.” He said quickly. I glared at him more.

“It’s Christmas?” He added, shrugging. I shook my head and let out a laugh. Relief washed over Niall’s face as he wrapped an arm around my waist and placed a kiss to my cheek.

“I love you too.” I said replying to his statement from before. He smiled and placed a quick kiss to my lips.

“The chocolate cake will taste delicious.” He stated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas!! :D