Christmas Skates

Christmas Skates

“I can’t ice skate Niall!” I whined as he tugged on my hand, pulling me closer and closer to the ominous ice skating rink.

“I’ll teach you!” He said flashing me a bright white smile as he continued to lead me towards the rink.

I pouted throughout the time he grabbed my skates to when he was helping me tie them on. He examined my face for a moment before frowning.

“If you really don’t want to do this, I guess we don’t have to...” He trailed off, glancing away. I sighed and saw that this was really important for him to do.

I shakily stood up on the skates and mustered the biggest smile I could for him.

“Let’s skate.” I said to him faking confidence. A large smile spread across his face and he instantly pressed a kiss to my lips. I stared at him daze for a moment from the tingles his kiss sent through me.

I was brought right back down to reality however when Niall’s hand enclosed around my hand and he began to tug me closer to the rink. A nervous feeling settles into my stomach as I tired to follow him steadily.

We made it to the rink without any accidents. Niall easily stepped onto the ice and found his balance. He turned to me and beckoned me forward. I bit my lip and stepped forward shakily towards the ice. I placed one skate on the ice and almost instantly fell over.

Niall was by my side in an instant. Placing my hands on the barrier as he wrapped an arm around my waist. I shakily smiled at him in thanks as he tried to instruct me on how to keep my balance.
Most of his words were wasted on me as panic coursed through my body. I didn’t want to fall over and get hurt.

“Hey babe. Are you listening?” Niall voice broke through my thoughts. I glanced at him in surprise. He shot me a small smile.

“Do you trust me?” He asked me. I shot him a look.

“Of course I do!” I sternly told him. He smirked at me.

“Then trust me now.” He said holding out his hand. I sighed and shakily let go of the barrier. Almost the moment I did my foot slipped out from underneath me and I almost slipped over. I squeaked in fright as Niall wrapped his strong warm arms around me.

“Easy, I’ve got you. I’ve always got you!” He said cheekily. I laughed at how corny that sounded.
“Now slowly we’ll just casually glide across.” He said smiling at me. I continued to watch him unable to take my eyes away from his eyes. His blue eyes practically bore into my own blue ones as he continued to lead me.

“No hands.” He whispered to me. I looked at him confused before looking down and realising that I had indeed let go of the barrier, he was the only thing I was holding onto.

I clutched onto Niall’s hands tightly as the panic began to set in again.

“Hey, it’s okay. Trust me.” He cooed to me. Slightly wincing from the pain of me clutching his hands. I sighed and relaxed a little bit lessening my hold on his hands but not by a lot.

“This isn’t going to be the corny bike riding scene where you let go of me and I realise I can ride all by myself before I crash?” I asked him worriedly. He threw his head back and let out a loud laugh. His action threw us both wobbly and I squealed in panic as I almost slipped. Niall quickly straightened me up.

“I promise I’ve got you and I’m not letting go.” He said to me, stopping so I came to a stop with him. He pulled my hands closer to him so my skates sild me over. He places my hands on his waist before letting them go. I clung to him tightly.

He wrapped two arms around my waist and held me tightly.

“Look,” He whispered. I followed the direction he was staring and noticed everyone else had stopped to stare towards the large decorated Christmas Tree sitting in the middle of the rink.

I watched amazed as an announcement was made and everyone came to a complete stand still just before a switch was flicked and the Christmas Tree was lit up.

It was the most beautiful tree I had ever seen. The lights almost blinded me at the start. My eyes adjusted and I was able to better appreciate the beauty of Christmas colour decorated throughout the tree.

“It’s amazing!” I whispered to Niall. “Thank you for bringing me here.” I whispered to him. Still completely in awe at the beautiful spectacle in front of me.

“Anything for you.” He whispered before pulling my face away from staring at the tree. My lips were instantly covered with his warm ones. We both smiled into the kiss as I lips moved perfectly together.

“Merry Christmas Maggie.” Niall whispered against my mouth before brushing our noses together.

“Merry Christmas Niall.” I said back happily pressing my lips to his for another kiss. My mind completely forgetting the state of panic it had been in moments beforehand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas Maggie :D