Saviour

Chapter 5

Emerald

I went through work bored out of my mind. The guys decided to not come to the bar tonight so there wasn’t much entertainment for me. Grandpa was supposed to visit but I guess he didn’t make it. I wasn’t going to complain all that much. I wasn’t going to listen to him tell me all of the things that he didn’t like about me. I spent the entire time reading.
When it was time to close I gathered all of my things and placed them in an easily assessable spot. I quickly did all of the things that was needed before locking up and walking towards my car.
“Hey baby” I heard some guy call. I rolled my eyes and ignored his as I made my way to my truck.
“Hey bitch I’m talking to you” the guy stated as he approached me. By this time I had made it to my truck and I was putting my things inside it. The guy grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him. He looked to be in his late twenties or early thirties. His hair was short and could have been a dirty blond but it was hard to tell since it was greasy. He didn’t look all that attractive.
“Let go of me” I said calmly. I was hoping he would just leave and let me go about my day but I doubted he would. His grip on my arm tightened. He smirked at me.
“Make me” he challenged me. I couldn’t tell you what fueled my actions as I grabbed his fingers and forced the backwards. I grabbed his wrist as he left go of me and forced his arm behind his back. If I pressed any harder I could have easily broke his arm.
“Stop please” he begged.
“It doesn’t feel that great does it? To be at someone else’s mercy. Think about this the next time you want to attack an innocent person. Remember how this makes you feel. Now get the hell away from me” I told him as I let him go and pushed him away from me. I climbed into my truck and started it. I watched the man run away fearfully. As I drove home I couldn’t help but think about what had just happened. I could have seriously hurt that man and I didn’t know how I knew what to do. That wasn’t any of the moves that karate had taught me.
As I arrived at my house I could tell that everyone was asleep. Of course they would be it was past three in the morning. I walked in quietly, taking my shoes off as soon as I got into the house. I quickly and quietly made my way down stairs. I dropped my stuff quietly near my desk. For some reason what had happened earlier was tearing my emotions down. Was it because I almost hurt that guy or because he could have hurt me? I wasn’t sure but with the tears blurring my vision I almost ran into the various objects around the room. I almost made it to my room when Ashley walked out of it.
“Em?” he asked softly. I chocked out a sob as I tried to make my way to him. I bumped into the bookcase that was next to the hallway that led to my room. Ashley grabbed onto me before I fell.
“What’s wrong baby?” he asked softly. I tried to wipe my tears away from my eyes but more replaced them. Ashley picked me up and carried me into my room. He set me down on the bed before going out and grabbing my stuff. I curled up into a ball and let my tears take over. I heard Ashley walk back in and moments later his arms wrapped around me. He held me until I was ready to talk to him and when I was he laid there and listened to me. I told him everything that had happened with the guy from earlier.
“He didn’t hurt you though right?” he asked after I had finished. I shook my head before burying it in his chest. “Then that’s what matters. You didn’t hurt him and he didn’t hurt you. You most likely will never see him again” Ashley told me as he stroked my hair. I took deep breathes until I calmed down and slowly pulled myself out of Ashley’s arms. I quickly undressed and searched for a hoodie to put on. Ashley handed on to me and after I put it on he helped me into bed. I cried until I fell asleep in his arms. My sleep wasn’t peaceful but Ashley was there for me all night.

The next morning we were woken up by Andy. I was still in Ashley’s arms and judging by the look on Andy’s face I probably had tear tracks on my face still.
“We’re getting ready to head out. Mark and Matt bought everyone breakfast and coffee.” Andy told us. I could tell he was concerned about me since he kept glancing at me. Ashley told him that we would be upstairs after we got ready. Andy nodded and left.
“Are you feeling any better?” Ashley asked as we gathered our stuff together.
“Yeah I think I am. I think I’ve come to terms with what happened.” I told him as I searched for comfortable clothes to wear. I finally settled on a pair of shorts and a tank top.
“Do you want to shower first or should I?” Ashley asked me from where he was by his stuff, which was next to the futon.
“Go ahead. I want to make sure I have everything packed up.” I said as I went around my room double checking that I had everything. I busied myself while I waited for Ashley to get out of the shower. When I heard the shower turn off I grabbed my clothes and waited patiently until Ashley walked into the room.
“It’s all yours” he told me before I walked out. I took as short of a shower as I could, it lasting long enough to wash my hair and body, before I got out and dried myself off. I quickly got dressed and towel dried my hair as best I could before pulling it into a hair tie. When I walked back into my room Ashley had all of our stuff right next to the door. He smiled at me before asking if I was ready. I smiled, grabbed two of my stuffed animals, and grabbed two of my suitcases. Ashley grabbed the one he had brought down with him and my other one before following me up the stairs. We placed the luggage next to the door with everyone else’s before walking into the kitchen. Mark handed both of us coffee and breakfast burritos as we sat down. I ate what I could of the burrito only because I didn’t want to have any arguments today. I really just wanted to go back to sleep.
After we all finished eating we loaded up the buses and started driving. I told my band mates that I was still tired and headed towards my bunk. I crawled in and settled down to sleep. I felt my phone vibrate and pulled it out to see a text from Ashley. I didn’t remember getting his number or even giving him mine so he must have done it himself. I opened the message and read it.
‘I’m proud that you indulged them in eating. Talk to them about it though. I’ll see you either when we stop or when we get to the venue. Sleep well.’ I smiled at the text and quickly replied to him telling him that I would talk to them later. I rolled over and closed my eyes. It didn’t take long for me to fall asleep.

Pleas for help filled my ears as I looked around the small house. The pleas didn’t faze me as I walked through the destroyed house. I knew I was looking for something but I didn’t know what. I threw papers off of a desk and knocked over plants as I searched for whatever it was.
“It’s not here” I heard someone call out. I gave out a sigh.
“Fucking bastards took it with them” I stated as the pleas for help turned into screams. “Will one of you fucking shut them up?” I growled. I heard two gun shots and then silence.
“Let’s get out of here before someone finds us.” Another voice, a more familiar voice, stated before everyone filed out of the house. I could see the moon shining bright onto the houses and trees around us. If we didn’t hurry we would have to wait for another night.
“Let’s go I want to get this over with.”

I woke up panting. I was confused and I didn’t understand why it felt so real. I tried to push the dream out of mind. I was still tired and would have preferred to have Ashley’s arms around me again. I slept like a baby when I was cuddled into him. I closed my eyes and drifted back into a light sleep.

“Good morning Beautiful” I heard someone say pulling me out of my sleep. I groaned and opened my eyes slowly. I saw McKenzie standing outside of my bunk. He smiled at me and asked if I was hungry. I told him that if he wanted me to ear I would but it would be on my own time. He smiled and nodded before informing me that the other two bands were on the bus. I climbed out of my bunk and quickly pulled on clothes. I grabbed my phone before walking out into the front room. Not bothering to find somewhere to sit I walked over to mark and Danny and sat on the two of them. Danny laughed and started scratching my head. I closed my eyes and leaned into Danny’s hand. I felt a plate being placed in my lap and when I looked I saw a sandwich. I picked it up and started eating what I could. My band mates smiled at me and I could see Ashley give me a small nod. I groaned when Danny stopped scratching my head. I put the plate down and laid my head on Danny’s shoulder. When he didn’t continue to scratch my head I started hitting my head lightly on his shoulder until he placed his hand on my head. I whined at him until he started scratching again. I felt the plate being picked up from my lap as I fell asleep again. The voices faded and darkness took over.
Out of the darkness I heard screams. Opening my eyes I saw that I was in an almost empty room. I couldn’t see any windows and there wasn’t any indication that I had a way out. There was a large dresser sitting against what could have been a door but it was almost impossible to tell in the dark.
“She won’t grow a back bone if you don’t do something to her Jason. The more you abuse her the more she’s going to want to kill” I heard someone say from outside. I don’t know why but I ran and hid under the bed. I heard someone attempt to open the door but stopped when they noticed that something was in front of it. Moments later I heard them banging on the door and eventually light poured into the room. It was just enough to allow one man to slip into the room. He easily moved the dresser to allow the older man to enter the room. I instantly recognized the men as my father and grandfather. I tried to keep quiet as the two men looked around the room. They must have been looking for me. The door closed and a light was turned on. I closed my eyes hoping they wouldn’t find me. I felt a hand grab my ankle and drag me out from under the bed. I screamed and grabbed onto the bed post.

Danny shook me out of my sleep. I snapped my eyes open to see everyone staring at me concerned.
“You alright there Memmy?” Danny asked. I nodded, told him it was just a bad dream, and walked back to the bunks. I heard mummers from the front before Ashley walked into the back room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Has anyone gotten to see BVB on tour yet? I got to see them at their Denver date and it was the best night of my life.
Emerald