Saviour

Chapter 7

Emerald

Ashley held me as I cried over a stupid dream. I wasn’t sure why he was doing this really. He barely knew me. Even my own friends didn’t want to deal with my emotions. He didn’t have to deal with me; I was used to being left on my own. It’s not like my band mates did it on purpose, they were all wrapped up in their own lives and relationships. I gave a small laugh.
“What?” he asked confused.
“You barely know me yet you’ve held me while I’ve cried over really small things” I told him smiling.
“I’d like to get to know you” he mumbled.
“I think we can arrange that” I said as I laced my fingers with his. He smiled down as he stared at me. I smiled back at him and leaned into him.
“We have a free day in a week. May I take you out to dinner?” he asked me. I loved the rumbled of his chest as he talked.
“I’d love that.”
“It’s a date then” he stated happily.
“Hey Ashley we have to get ready for the show” CC called from the front.
“I’ll see you later” he said; he leaned down and kissed my cheek before walking out. I smiled and decided that I should get ready for the concert as well. I chose one of my favorite dresses and a pair of high heels.
“Hey Ashley we have to start getting ready for the show!” CC called from the front of the bus.
“I’ll see you later” he said before leaning down and kissing my cheek. I smiled and followed him out. After Ashley left, the only people on my bus were my band. We goofed off as we waited until just an hour before the show. That was when we all decided we needed to get ready. All I really had to do was get dressed, fix my hair, and do my makeup. I was really excited for the guys to see us perform. They hadn’t really heard much of our music so this would be a fun experience.
It didn’t take long for me to get ready. Maybe fifteen minutes all together. Afterwards I went outside to go meet the fans. I saw Ashley taking pictures with a group of fans so I made my way over to him.
“Em!!” Ashley called out one he noticed me. I waved at him smiling as I continued to walk over to him. When I reached him he pulled me into a hug. One of the fans asked who I was as Ashley and I separated from our hug.
“This is Em; she’s the guitarist of Confessional High.” Ashley stated before the fans asked for pictures with us both. The two of us made our way down the line meeting the fans until we had to meet up with Andy, Matt, Brian, and Danny for an interview. I wasn’t really all that excited for it but it was what we had to do. I was more nervous than anything.
“You okay?” Ashley asked me as we walked towards the interviewer.
“A little bit nervous I guess. I’ve never done an interview” I told him truthfully. I haven’t been able to lie to him since I’ve met him.
“You’ll be okay. Just relax.” Ashley told me grabbing my hand and giving it a light squeeze. Instead of letting my hand go he held onto it as we walked up to the small group of people. It looked like they had started without us.
“And this is Ashley Purdy of Black Veil Brides and Emerald Johnson from Confessional High.” Bryan Stars, the interviewer, stated as we walked up.
“You may not be able to see it but Ashley is actually holding Em’s hand too” Andy commented making everyone laugh and causing me to blush slightly.
“I had to make sure she didn’t get lost in the crowd. She’s kind of tiny” Ash replied laughing. I turned and glared at him which caused him to laugh harder.
“She is really small. But that’s why we love her” Danny commented from his spot next to Matt. I flipped him off.
“No the reason you love me is because I keep you all in line” I countered him. The boys all laughed.
“Before you two arrived I asked what everyone was looking forward to most with this tour” Bryan stated trying to get back on target.
“What are you looking forward to Em?” Danny asked. I hesitated for a minute but Ashley gripped my hand again. I hadn’t realized that he hadn’t let go.
“Probably playing for everyone. We don’t get to play in front of crowds larger than maybe fifty people. We usually play bars and clubs in the Denver area so this is going to be a very fun experience for us” I told him. Danny nodded his head in agreement.
“Are you excited for the concert tonight?” Bryan asked looking between the six of us.
“I think it’s safe to say that all of us are extremely excited to be performing. As Em said this is their first large crowd and for A7X and BVB we haven’t performed in quite a while.” Andy replied.
“Obviously we are excited this is what we do for a living and we do it because we love it. I can’t wait to see the fans” Matt added in. the interview continued on for about an hour and a half. Afterwards Danny and I had to do our sound check so that we could go onstage. There was about fifteen minutes before we were expected on stage. Deavon was doing our sound check while the five of us waited anxiously.
“You’re not nervous are you?” Jimmy teased as we waited.
“Of course not” Danny replied stubbornly. We were told we could go on and all of us ran on stage as we played the intro to our first song.
♠ ♠ ♠
Emerald on stage
Comments?