Status: Ongoing, not sure how this is going to go!

Life After Josh.

"you had me at hello"

I always swore to myself that I wouldn't fall in love after Josh. It just seemed so much hurt, so much heart ache. How can you leave yourself so vulnerable to someone, having to trust them constantly? Not again. I for one wasn't going to put myself through it. Lyla Rose Smith was done with love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fell for him hard.

We met one day in our local cafe, I’d popped in because the weather outside was awful & in truth I’d done a shitty job at dyeing my hair black the night before & it was running everywhere. Back in those days I was also hooked on coffee. Bloody gallons of the stuff.
Josh came over & sniggered at me – I gave him a trademark glare & asked him what the hell his problem was. He then chucked a tea towel at me & pointed at my neck. “I didn't realize pretty girls melted in the rain, I always thought it was witches?” With my face almost as red as the tea towel, I carefully wiped away the remnants of my hair dyeing misadventure. “And I didn't realize that men nowadays had nothing better to do then laugh at damsels in distress who could kill for a coffee?” I replied, trying not to let him see my embarrassment.

Josh let out a small chuckle & introduced himself. “Well in that case m’lady, one coffee coming up & then you can tell me why on earth you’re melting?” His charm was infectious, combined with the lopsided smile that one day I’d learn to loathe. I found myself telling him all about how my friend Eliza had convinced me to dye my hair black because it’d make me look “more sophisticated”. Josh in turn revealed that he wasn't naturally dark haired but apparently his “mum is bloody good with a dye bottle”. As he turned to grab me a biscuit, I took in his appearance. Tall, dark haired & slight build – just my type. His well-fitting t-shirt bore the logo of a band that I vaguely recognized & his dark jeans hung from his hips. I could feel my throat going dry.

“So you look like a hobnob kind of girl? Correct me if I’m wrong!” Josh put the plate of biscuits in front of us loudly, making me jump “I don’t normally get the chance to talk to customers, but for you I’ll make an exception. Especially as your name is bloody awesome.” I rolled my eyes.

“Yes my parents are Oasis fans & no my dad isn't a builder who makes Wonderwall’s. Heard it all love!” Josh chuckled. "I for one love Oasis.” He feigned hurt. “And just because you've hurt my feelings by thinking that I’d say such a thing, I think you should let me take you to dinner.” As soon as he’d said it he stopped, as if he’d crossed some kind of invisible line.

My heart thudded in my chest – we’d only just met! But he seemed so sweet (& hot, not going to deny that). Like Eliza said “sitting about doesn't get you anywhere”. So I took a breath & smiled. “I’d love to go to dinner.”

Josh let out a long breath. “Thank god you said yes or else I’d have looked like a proper twat. So tonight at 7?”

I nodded & we swapped numbers. With a quick peck on the cheek & a cheeky grin, I left & went home to get ready, butterflies already swooping in my stomach.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I got busy & wrote a second chapter! I'm going to take my time with writing this though, I don't want to jump into anything big before I've fully introduced you to Josh & Lyla.

Song that I listened to with this chapter was "Ambulance" by My Chemical Romance.

katy perry.
x