Status: I'm raping my keyboard, everyday. :3

Time Is Ticking

Chapter One: Making Changes

♥♪♫Evan♥♪♫

“Evan honey, dinner is ready!” My mom called up the stairs.
“I’m coming!” I called to her. I sat on my bed and sighed. I rubbed my clammy hands together nervously, a habit I picked up a while ago.
Tonight was the night. I would tell her tonight. I had to, considering my circumstances; I don’t have that much time left. I stood shakily from my bed and looked over my room. I took a deep breath and grabbed the bag I had already packed, getting ready for the worst possible case scenario. I slowly walked down the stairs, well aware that I may be about to ruin my whole life in just two words.
I could probably just be overreacting, but I could never be too sure. I mean, she could take this like a cool mom and when I just sit down at the table and tell her that I like girls, but I’m in love with guys with a straight face, she could just laugh and say okay. Or, she could go psycho and throw me out in less than three seconds. I don’t know for sure.
I’ve watched movies, and read books. And it’s always the cool, young moms that get the most upset about news such as mine. Maybe, since my mom isn’t that religious, she’ll be cool with it.
I just hope that’ll be the case.
I got down stairs and set my bag down next to me across from my mom at the table. She raised an eyebrow at me looking at me questioningly, but I didn’t say anything. She probably just thinks that I’m up to one of my little “projects” again. But those days are long over. Sure, they were fun and dangerous, but with the time I was on, I needed to do something more fun, more dangerous.
I said my “Thank you” to her for making the meal and we dug in to mountain of noodles and meat she’d prepared just moments ago. I slurped up noodles and rich sauce spilled off my chin, but I wasn’t really that hungry considering the fact that I might get kicked out. But knowing that I thought I’d enjoy a nice home cooked meal, after a while of me just poking my food around, my mom decided to make some conversation.
“So honey, how are you enjoying the last week of summer?” She asked me. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.
“Mom, you know that is the worst question to ask a teenager.” I told her. She smiled and giggled.
“Nah, maybe I just wanted to rub it in your face.” She said sticking her tongue out at me. I rolled my eyes again and laughed with her. Then her face got a little more worried.
“What’s the bag for Evan?” She asked me. I swallowed the food I was chewing and put my fork down. My mom did the same looking at me carefully. “Evan?” She wondered.
“Mom, I have something to tell you.” I said slowly. She looked at me, telling me to continue. I took a deep breath and exhaled. “Mom, I like guys. I mean, girls are cool too I guess, but mom, guys.” I said in a rush. She looked at me and blinked. I closed my eyes and prepared for the yelling. I was waiting for the disapproval, the getting disowned.
When nothing happened I slowly opened one eye. I was met with identical brown ones. She was just staring at me smiling. Quite frankly, it was scaring me.
“Well say something!” I exclaimed. Her silence was going to drive me crazy. She got up from her seat and walked around the table. She gave me a big hug and held me there.
“Honey, you know that I will always love you. No matter what your choices are. You will always be my baby boy.” She told me.
“So, I’m not at risk of being thrown out of the house?” I asked her. She looked at me like I just asked her to kill me.
“Oh God no I love you! You’re all I have! I would never do that!” She exclaimed, hugging me tighter than she had in a long while. I hugged her back and sighed in relief. I wasn’t going to be exiled from my home. I just had school to worry about.
“And mom?” I added. She looked down at me and raised an eyebrow.
“Considering the issue, I have run into, I’ve decided that, I want to do more. Change my style, my attitude, you know, I wanna try as many things as I can.” I told her. She nodded in understanding. I saw the tears build up in her eyes when I mentioned my little “problem” but she didn’t let them go. I hugged her tight
“I love you mom.” I said happily. She laughed.
“I love you too Evan, so very much.” I nodded my head and she finally let go. “Now,” She began. I looked at her. “Are you ready for dessert?” She exclaimed excitedly. I rapidly nodded my head and she went to the island in the kitchen. She took a pan of mini chocolate cakes out of the oven. Then she uncovered a pot on the stove top. She poured the hot melted chocolate into two of the cakes and ushered me over to her.
I jumped out of my seat. My mouth was already watering at the sight of the delicious looking cake in front of me. She laughed as I tripped over my feet to get over to her. I slid next to her. I almost knocked her over because my socks were so slippery on this smooth tile floor. She dipped a spoon in a cake and held it up to my mouth.
“Open wide!” She said. I opened my mouth as wide as I could and stuck out my tongue to act as a makeshift plate. She laughed and placed it on my tongue.
The rich creamy chocolate felt like it was melting all of my insides. I felt like I was in heaven. This was a great day to tell my mom. I got a good treat!
All I have to do now is get ready for my new experience at school. Open up and meet new people and make sure that I have the best year possible. Everything is about to get awesome, I can just feel it. This is going to get the best year of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the beginning of one of the best ideas I've ever had. Let's be reminded that I am only 14, and if you have some criticism, lay it on me, kindly.

Please comment and let me know what you think!