Status: I'm raping my keyboard, everyday. :3

Time Is Ticking

Chapter Three: Meaningful Lyrics

♥♪♫Evan♥♪♫

“Evan! Come on! You don’t wanna be late!” My mom called up the stairs.
“Okay mom!” I called back. I jumped up and down while straightening the last lock of hair on my head, trying to make myself hurry. It took forever and a day to get my hair all the way straight. I combed out my hair and made sure it looked right.
The new black from my previous brown was good looking with my new green contacts. I buckled up my black and blue studded belt and pulled up my skinny jeans a bit. I pulled my Asking Alexandria tee over my head and flipped my hair to the right. I looked myself over in the mirror. I looked pretty good, if I do say so myself.
“Evan!” My mom called again. I jumped a bit and hopped into my black Osiris’s I kept waiting by the bathroom door. I then rushed to my room, grabbed my backpack and bounded down the steps.
“I’m right here mom.” I said calmly as I walked into the kitchen. She sighed and shook her head. I stuck my tongue out at her and looked over the table to see what I had to choose from.
“You’re looking good today Evan.” She complimented. I smiled in agreement.
“I know right.” I said back to her. She snickered and rolled her eyes at my remark. I looked at the clock and picked up a piece of toast, it was all I had time for otherwise I was going to miss my bus. I pecked my mom on the cheek and sprinted to the door. “I love you mom! See you later!” I yelled and closed the door behind me.
I made it to the bus stop just as the large hunk of yellow pulled up. The yellow doors opened and I took a deep breath.
Let things be better this year.
I hoped as I walked up the steep steps of the bus. When I stood fully on the bus all was silent. Everyone stared at me, girls like a deer in headlights and guys like they just met their idol, speechless.
It was only to be expected, they’d never seen me before. My mom used to drive me to school every day. But like I said, things were changing this year.
“Name please.” The bus driver asked.
“Evan Greene.” I told him. After my name was said the bus erupted into whispers. The bus driver just nodded and told me to go find a seat.
I walked to the back of the bus and as I did I heard different things.
“No way, that’s Evan Greene? He looks so much better this year.” I heard a girl whisper.
“Bro, that’s the kid that used to always sit in the back of class and read.” I heard a guy say.
“He’s hot now. Who cares about what he looked like last year. That was then, this is now.” I heard some other girl say. I smirked her way and she turned a deep shade of red.
“Hey bro, come sit over here!” Some guy called from the back. I shrugged and slid into the seat next to him. He turned and held a hand out to me. “Hey, my name is Taylor.” I nodded.
“I know, I’m not new,” I told him. He blinked at me.
“You aren’t? What’s your name again?” He asked.
“Evan. Evan Greene.” I shrugged, not really impressed with the fact that he and I have been going to school together for at least two years now.
“No way!” He exclaimed. “You’re too cool looking to be scruffy looking Evan.” He told me. It was kind of offensive, so I just gave him a look. “Oh, you aren’t joking.” I shook my head. “Sorry man, no harm done right?” He asked. I laughed.
“It’s all good bro that was in the past.” I told him. He smiled and nodded. Then we emerged into conversation with the surrounding kids.
The ride was filled with lots of laughter and talking. We rated each new person, well, considering who I was sitting with, all the girls that came onto the bus and laughed about the ones with the low scores. I secretly rated all the guys in my head, a few out loud, but only the ones that were really attractive.
I sighed as we arrived at school. I starred at that same old brick building I’ve faced for what will now be the third year of my life, possibly my last. I remember that tall bush that last year’s seniors used to push me into when I was brand new to the building. Those same church style windows that I never liked, they made me feel like I was trapped inside of a holy place and I was the only one who didn’t believe in the “God” that everyone prayed to. Lastly, the oddly entrancing sculptures of lions at the front entrance that stood watch, like the guards of the school, like I book I read once upon a time ago.
We all entered the school and I was still bombarded with the smell of cheap, wet paper towels and unscented soap that still does have a smell, it’s just unpleasant. The sights were still the same, tall black lockers and white tile floors. Nothing has changed, well, except for me anyway.
We all filed into the office, taking our schedules and looking them over, conversing about where our lockers were. Soon we’d all went our separate ways and I wasn’t hanging out with Taylor anymore, but instead I got to hang around with his cute friend Raymond.
He was the cutest out of all the guys I’ve met so far. He had messy brown hair and piercing blue eyes. His face was just a factor of his cuteness though, his personality was precious. He was babyish and sweet and bubbly. He’s also quite flirtatious.
“Why do you keep looking at me?” He asked after a while. I felt the heat rise in my face, I didn’t mean to stare, why did no one tell me?
“Uhm, because you’re talking.” I answered.
“I’ve been done talking; I was waiting for you to answer.”
Shit. I was starring for that long?
“Well, guess I’m caught red-handed.” I laugh. He smiled.
“What are you? Gay?” He asked, not being rude or anything, just a general question.
“I’m part gay, yeah.” I answered with no shame what so ever. I was proud of myself, and if someone had a problem, they could go fuck off.
“That’s cool. As long as you don’t try and rape me or anything.” He laughed, only a bit nervous.
“I’m seventeen, not an old forty-eight year old pervert.” I assure him. He smiles, looking bright again.
“Are you?” I asked him.
“I’m I gay or am I forty-eight year old pervert? Cause last time I checked I was sixteen.” I laughed, magically finding my locker. “No, I’m not, well I dunno. Guess we’ll have to find out now won’t we?” He said, leaning towards him, a smirk playing at his lips. I laughed at his seductiveness, and how easily he could temp a person.
This was a good first day if I think about it, I have a couple new friends and things are looking bright in the rest of my day.
I was still fumbling with my locker combination when Raymond told me that he needed to go find his own locker before classes started. So he left and there was, feeling like a confused child when I realized I’d forgotten how to use combination locks.
“What’s up Evan?” I turned to see Brady grabbing the lock of the locker just a few down from mine. I nodded at him.
“I can’t open this damn thing.” I sighed. He laughed.
“That’s probably because you’re going it wrong.” He pointed out.
“I know that, but I don’t want to feel like an idiot.” I whined.
“It’s better to feel like one than to look like one.” He said, pushing me over and demonstrating how to open the lock for me. “That’s how I think of things.” I snickered but still thanked him.
Brady was more of a responsible guy, but he wasn’t a force to be reckoned with. He stood at least six foot and had a broad build, muscles that rippled from inside his shirt. It was sexy if I had to admit, but I have a feeling he’d punch me in the face if I actually said something like that out loud.
“I won’t punch you in the face. Just don’t try anything and we’ll be fine.” He mumbled as he neatly placed books into his locker. I looked at him wide eyed.
“I said that out loud?” I asked. He nodded and smiled. “Well, shit. I’m sorry bro. Don’t want you to feel awkward.” I apologized. He shrugged.
“Things like that don’t really bother me anymore.” He said. I went back to my lock and mentally applauded myself for getting open for the first time.
“You got any siblings?” I asked him.
“Yeah, I’ve got four younger ones.” He smiled. “Three brothers and the youngest is my sister.”
“I can tell. You seem very, protective.” I said making sure it was the right word to use.
“Yeah, it happens…” His voice trailed off and I brought my attention from my locker to notice his head craned to see a gorgeous blonde walk down the hallway. She had long wavy hair that hit just below the small of her back. Her hazel eyes glistened in the lights of the hallway. Her lips painted a light pink to match the skinny jeans that accented her hips perfectly.
“She’s, so hot.” I heard the words slip from my lips. Luckily she didn’t hear what I had to say, but Brady did. He smirked at me.
“You know what, I like you.” He said, hitting me on my shoulder. “We’re gonna get along very well.” I chuckled.
“Oh yeah.”
“See you around Evan.” He said and headed down the hallway.

Halfway into the first class was nodding off into a drowsy daze, in which I drool and it’s very unattractive. I wiped the corner of my mouth for what had to be the third time in the last five minutes. My head was in my hands, propped up by my elbows. All I needed was a pillow and I’d be out like a light.
Everything was so boring and dull; until I noticed pair of beat up Vans enter the room.
My eyes scrambled to find the face of this new student that was obviously a guy. He was definitely a new kid; his face wasn’t one that I’d never seen before. He had messy light brown hair and sad chocolate eyes. A bit like how I used to look, but he looked off, and distant. He wore a white crisp button up shirt, with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, tucked into light brown skinny jeans with old markings on them.
He slipped the teacher a neon yellow note. I automatically knew that it was from the office. Then he passed him another note of a different color, maybe one from his parents. The teacher, whose name refuses to come up in my mind, nodded.
“Well class, this is Luka Mayfield. He’s new to our school so please make him feel welcome.” The teacher sighed and scanned the room, looking for an empty seat. In the meantime, I couldn’t help myself.
“Hey Luka, how old are you?” I asked, genuinely curious. He glanced at me, but didn’t say a word, like I didn’t just ask him a meaningful question. “Hello, new kid, I’m talking to you. Don’t just ignore me.” This time he glared at me. I snickered at him, returning his glare.
I don’t know what was working me up so bad, but I was getting undoubtedly angry. I heard him kiss his teeth and I took this as an opportunity to let out frustration.
“Oh, what was that? Did I hear a noise?” I gasped. “Ladies and gentlemen, we’ve got a noise!” The room erupted into giggles. This Luka person clenched his fists at his sides tightly. I could tell that he wanted to explode on me, but there was something holding him back.
He abruptly turns to the board and snatches the marker from the teacher, whose will still have to remain nameless, and popping the cap off. He wrote:
If you were me you’d do the same.
I almost immediately recognized the lyrics from Peirce the Veil song Hold on Till May. They were ordinary lyrics, but when he wrote them, they just made me even more upset than I already was. For now, I don’t understand why, but I’m sure I’d think more about it after I finished this business with this new kid.
I grabbed my backpack from my chair and shoved out of my seat, stalking my way to the front of the room. I grabbed the marker from the Luka kid and added a line of lyrics of my own.
Come on, say what you think. It won’t mean a thing… don’t you cross the line.
I don’t know what compelled me to follow up with those lyrics from Sleeping with Sirens that seen to run my life now, but it felt right.
“Evan, where do you think you’re going?” The teacher asked.
“You know old man,” I started, glancing back at him. “I’ve got a question for you.” He raised an eyebrow at me. I knew the question had nothing to do with the topic at hand, but my mind was racing, and I was fairly upset about where my thoughts decided to rest. “Do you know how to take, life altering news? Do you act on it, or do you mourn until the inevitable happens?” He opened his mouth to respond, but it looks like my psychological question was too much for this Algebra teacher. “Yeah, that’s what I said.”
I stormed the rest of the way out of the classroom and headed to my locker, throwing my backpack inside and grabbing my journal and Science book. My frustration and confusion pouring out with action I made.
I didn’t want this. I didn’t ask for such, tragic news to be thrown at me just when I was starting to enjoy myself. It’s like no one cares about how I feel or what I want. Everything always turns on me just when it’s going good and then turns to shit.
I practically ran to the bathroom, dropping my things and gripping onto the cold sink. My vision blurred at the drops of salt water left my eyes. I couldn’t hold in my irritations any longer. I haven’t had the chance to properly break down and think about how big of a turn my life has taken. I was breaking down in possibly the worst place ever.
I had to get myself together. I had to suck up my tears and store them away for another time, when they were actually necessary.
I wiped my face with the bottom of my shirt and cursed at myself when I moved my contact over to the side. So, I sat there holding my eyelid open so that I could poke around my eye until I moved the contact into the right spot again.
I sighed when I finally fixed it and looked at my reflection in the mirror. My eyes were slightly red and puffy and my cheeks were stained. I laughed at myself. I looked pathetic. I was such a weak child, still crying when he couldn’t figure out his problems. What even got me so worked up in the first place?
Oh right, the new kid.
I don’t know what it is about him that just, irks my nerves, but whatever it is, I want, no, I need it to go away. It’s like that nagging feeling that you get when you do something wrong.
Persistent.
And I hate that feeling, a lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa! That's kinda longer than I thought! :o But anywhore,

Thanks for reading! I hope this is getting better for you all and this chapter will get you more excitement and even more hooked on the story!

Please comment! I know many of people are what they call 'silent readers'. Please don't be one of those! I really need the feedback if I'm gonna do anything with my writing!

Thanks again and I'll try and update soon! :3