Taken a Fancy

1/1

Harry groaned in frustration and banged his head against the table before him. Hermione and Ron who had been bust making 'kissy kissy' faces at each other turned to their friend in alarm.

"Harry, what's wrong?" Hermione asked, while feeding Ron a muffin.

"Yeah, mate what's got you all hot and bothered?" Ron asked while, brutally tearing into the pastry.

Harry glowered at them and angled himself away from the two irritating love birds. "You wouldn't understand." he grumbled. "You're always around each other so you know what you like. But...I don't know what to give him." he sighed.

"Well it'd be a lot easier for us to help you, pick a gift out if you'd tell us who you fancied." Ron grumbled and Hermione elbowed him.

"It's ok, Harry, if you don't want to tell us you don't have to."

Harry nodded. He did want to tell them, he really did, but he didn't know how they'd react! Well he knew how Ron would act but what about Hermione? What if they didn't want to be around him if they discovered that the guy he liked was...Draco Malfoy?

A shiver ran down his spine as he thought of his crush. That luminescent hair, the way he held himself, his voice! Every single part of the boy was beautiful to Harry. But how could he explain that to his friends?

It was no secret that the Weasleys hated the Malfoys and Hermione still hated Draco for calling her a mudblood.

No, he could never tell them. Besides, even the object of his affections didn't know!

Malfoy was completely oblivious, to Harry's feelings and still treated him like the dirt beneath his shoes. He didn't even know that the person who kept leaving him gifts here and there was a boy! He thought, it was just some shy slytherine who was to afraid to approach him directly.

"...Okay Harry?"

Harry jolted out of his thoughts and turned to watch a giggling Hermione and Ron waltzing out of the hall. He sighed once again and got up to leave as well, but unlike them he turned to go out into the courtyard, instead of into the common rooms.

When Harry entered the courtyard, he froze in his tracks. There, almost three feet away from him, stood Draco Malfoy under a tree. The boy was fussing with something on the collar of his robe, and Harry couldn't help bu admire him from the distance. Even when he was frustrated he was bloody hot.

"Admiring the view Potter?" Malfoy spat, when he saw the raven haired boy gawking at him.

Harry reddened, and briefly considered running for the hills. But that would only make Malfoy think something was up. So instead he said;

"I can stare at you if I want to, Dra- Malfoy."

He inwardly groaned when he slipped up over the boy's name. He only ever called him Draco, in his --dreams.

The blonde quirked an eyebrow and began walking towards him. Harry gulped and found himself retreating, before Draco had even reached him.

"Is that so?" the other boy purred, and Harry nearly melted at the sound of his voice.

"Y-yes." Harry managed to squeak out.

Draco cocked his head to the side and looked the raven up and down. "You know, Potter," he began, this time not saying Harry's name like it left a bad taste in his mouth. "I've noticed something recently. A first year- Well I thought, it was a first year. But after my recent discoveries I'm pretty sure, it's not."

Harry frowned, "What are you talking about?"

"Ever lasting roses, fancy little chocolates, rare chocolate frog cards, do I need to go on?"

Harry paled. Those were all of the things that he had given to Draco as presents. But he had never revealed his identity! How could he possibly-

"Ah, the ridiculous look on your face has given me all of the information I needed." The blonde laughed and Harry blinked in surprise.

An actual laugh! Not a scoff or a 'I-am-so-much-better-than-you' chuckle, but genuine laughter.

"You-you aren't mad?" Harry mumbled

Draco smiled down at the other boy. "Not at all, you see Pott- No, Harry. I've come to fancy you as well."

Harry's head snapped up and he stared at Draco. "What?!"

Draco smirked and advanced so that their chests were almost touching. "By the way it's my birthday today. So what do you plan to give me?"

Harry sighed and twiddled his thumbs nervously. "Well..I don't..I don't know much about you, so I couldn't think of anything new-

Draco cut him off by grabbing his chin gently. "That's alright, because I have something in mind already."

And with that he closed the small space between them and pressed his lips against Harry's.

Needless to say, that was the best day of Harry's life.