Dear Emma

The Snow

I looked out my front window to see my bestfriend walking up to my front door, being very careful not to slip over in the snow outside. It wasn’t even just a little snow I mean that wouldn’t be a hazard to anyone at all. No this was the sort of walk anywhere and theres a 90% chance you’re going to slip type of snow. Don’t get me wrong that sort of snow is the best it’s just harder to walk in. Just then the doorbell rang, interrupting my thoughts about the snow. Not like I expected for it to ring or anything. Okay so I did, but that isn’t the point. I walked over to the front door, and opened it to see my adorable bestfriend Emma standing there shivering slightly. Okay so maybe the adorable part there is because I like her slightly? Yes. I like my bestfriend, but It’s not exactly like I will do anything about it because well it would ruin everything. To be honest I don’t even know whether she likes me I mean why would she? I am nothing special.
Brushing these thoughts out of my mind, I planted a not so fake smile on my face and pulled her into a hug.
‘You alright there Jack? You are just sort of staring at something.’
I was doing that again? Ooops. Well I couldn’t really say I was thinking about how much I like you could I? Nope, because that would be especially awkward as we are spending the whole day together.
‘Yeah fine. So! Is there anything you actually want to do today or?’
‘Not really no. I mean it’s Christmas eve, what is there actually to do?’
‘We could go to the park or something?’
‘Yes. But it’s snowing.’
‘Exactly.’ I beamed, before running out of the front door and out into the street completely forgetting about the fact that I wasn’t exactly dressed for this weather and my converses were getting absolutely soaked.
As I came to the near end of my road, I lost my footing, slipping on a very slippery patch of pavement or just evil black ice. Yes black ice can be evil. I felt myself falling backwards but I had nothing to stop myself from falling so I fell back and ended up hitting my head on the pavement. Not even lightly, full on smacking it. I heard laughter from above where I was lying. I looked up to see my bestfriend laughing at me. I felt a light blush appear on my cheeks, dammit she has such a cute laugh. Jack shut up. No you can’t think like that.
‘Need some help there?’
‘No.’ I pouted.
I tried to pull myself up grabbing into a nearby wall, to only lose my footing again and ended up hitting my head on the icy pavement once again. Dammit. DAMN YOU COORDINATION AND ICY WEATHER. I HATE YOU BOTH.
I looked up once again to see her laughing as if it was the funniest thing she had ever seen.
‘It’s not funny.’
‘Is.’
‘I got hurt.’
‘I know that’s why it is funny.’
Well that’s mean. HOW DARE SHE. I COULD OF GOT BADLY HURT.
‘Jack you know I’m only joking right?’
I ignored her, pretending to be upset with her. When all honesty I could never be angry with her.
She offered her hand to me to help me, up which I accepted gladly. I did not want to hit my head again.
‘I’m sorry Jack.’
‘Its okay.’
I backed towards the nearest wall, grabbing some snow off of it.
‘I was never actually mad at you.’ I admitted.
I took the now made snowball so I had it in view and threw it directly at her. Then I started running… Why? So she doesn’t kill me. I just have to be careful that I don’t slip over again. Otherwise then she will catch up to me and then kill me.
I guess I should wait for her really shouldn’t I? I mean she did deserve to have a snowball thrown at her. I don’t exactly mind getting a load of snow chucked at me, I just don’t want my clothes to get wet. I probably shouldn’t care should I? They are just clothes. Well I would be naked without them but.
Eh. I will just wait and suffer my fate I mean it’s only a little bit of snow. Just then I heard someone calling my name. It was obviously my name. Unless someone has the same first and last name as me. That would be a little weird. So I’m guessing it’s me then.
I waited a few minutes until a very unhappy looking Emma came into view, coming up and standing next to me.
‘What was that for?’
‘Laughing at me.’ I told her before walking off going in the opposite direction to the park and to the nearest starbucks instead.
‘But you told me you wasn’t upset?’ She asked walking after me.
I should explain why I am going to Starbucks right? Well both of our clothes are wet and I think a hot drink will do some sort of good, well at least warm us up right? Plus the fact that theres a little corner just where its normally really quiet, where I could probably tell Emma I really like her? I mean she couldn’t make a scene if she didn’t like I could just walk out and leave?
Well I guess we could just see and what happens? I mean nothing would ever really happen as much as I want it too so really this should be a lot of fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Im so sorry Emma this is so shit X