Status: :3 fufu My second story. i know i didn't finish making the first one but i can't help but write this... or else i will forget it.

Red x Black x White

Chapter I

Whale Island

Everyone is busy on their usual works at the port. The men are carrying heavy loads of boxes full of fish while the women are busy separating them by their kinds.

“Gon’s still trying to catch the Lord of the Lake?” asked by one of the men who’s wearing a blue shirt to Mito-san. Gon’s Auntie.

Mito-san jerked up from her work. “Huh?” she turns to them. “Y-Yes.” She smiles to them and back at her work. “He’s been at it for a week, non-stop.”

“You promised he could take the Hunter Exam if he caught the Lord of the Lake?” asked by the guy’s friend who’s with him.

“What a fool!” the blue shirt guy said to his friend. “Five adults couldn’t manage to reel in that monster. How is a child supposed to catch that beast?” he asked. “Mito-san doesn’t want him taking the Hunter Exam.” He said as they started walking away.

“But Gon’s old man was the same age when he caught it…” said by his friend. Mito-san heard it and was surprised but it changes into a worried look.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Meanwhile…

At the lake, Gon is sitting on one of the biggest tree on the swamp; he puts some leaves on his body and head to camouflage himself, and is quietly waiting for the reel to move. He didn’t move even a little that the birds are already resting on his leafy hat. Two girls are also waiting behind him. One has a black hair that is standing, leaning on the tree’s body and the other one has white hair that is sitting near the other one. They both have crimson eyes that sparkle at the light of sun.

“Any second now…” The black-haired girl whispered so only Gon and the other girl can hear her.

Gon closed his eyes and the reel moves. He tightened his grip on the rod and gets ready for pulling it.

“Got him!” He screams excitedly. The birds fly off his head, “Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! I got him good!” he exclaims, pulling the rod with his strength.

“Go, Gon! Try not to lose him!” Shirayuki, the white haired girl that is same age as Gon cheers.

Gon is running around the tree, jumping here and there, trying not to lose the Lord of the Lake until he successfully gets it out of the water. Shirayuki jumped happily while Kuroyuki, the black-haired one, who is 16 years old, smiles at him.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“It’s huge!” the town’s people amazedly said.

“This is the Lord of the Lake?”

“It’s been twenty years!”

“I know! It was Gon’s father that time, right?”

“He’s his father’s son.”

“Gon, we’ll pick you up tomorrow at your house. Why don’t you take a good rest?” Kuroyuki said to him.

“We have a big day tomorrow.” Shirayuki smiled. “I’m so excited!”

“Okay, me too!” Gon replied.

“Gon actually caught the Lord!” the guy from earlier, the friend of the blue shirt man said. “Look, Ms. Mito!” he called happily.

Gon turns to his Mito-san happily, but Mito-san still has a worried face.

“Mito-san!” Gon runs to her. “I caught the Lord, as promised… So I can take the Hunter Exam, right? Right?” he asked with a big smile on his face.

Everyone is looking at them even the siblings. Mito-san just stays quiet.

“I’ll do my best.” He said and started running home. “I promise to become a Hunter!” he lastly yelled.

Kuroyuki and Shirayuki followed behind him.

“Bye, Gon!” Shira and Kuro waved at him as they head to their villa.

They’re here for vacation and when they heard that Shirayuki’s childhood friend, Gon, will be going to take the hunter Exam, they decided to take the exam, too. After all, their older sister Akayuki is an elite Hunter. The two girls enter the house and their personal butler greets them.

“Welcome back, mistresses.”

“We’re back.” They said in unison.

“I should take a shower first. I smell like fish.” Shira said and head to her room.

“Ogata, have you already prepared our things for our departure tomorrow?” Kuro asks.

“Yes.” He said. “And I think you should prepare yourself for dinner. I’ll go tell mistress Shirayuki.”

Kuro nods and head to her own room.

Its morning and the girls are waiting for Gon outside his house.
“Sorry to keep you waiting.” Gon said cheerfully as he walks to them followed by Mito-san.

Shira shakes her head for disapproval, “No, it’s okay.” She smiled. “Good, morning, Mito-san. Good morning, granny.”

“Morning, Mito-san and granny…” Kuro smiled.

“Morning, girls.” Mito-san smiled.

Granny just smiled and nods her head as she stands at the door.

Gon turns at Mito-san who smiles at him. “I promise I’ll pass the exam. I’ll pass the exam and I’ll become a Hunter!”

Mito-san closes and reopens her eyes. “Just promise that you’ll come back safe. Can you do that?” she holds up her pinky to do a pinky swear.

“Uh-huh, I promise!” Gon puts his pinky into Mito-san’s and they sing.

“Pinky swears made… Whoever breaks their promise has to swallow a thousand needles. Sealed with a kiss!” they put their thumbs together. Gon make the “kiss” word longer making her aunt teary eyed.

After that, she pulls Gon into a hug. “Gon…”

“Thank you, Mito-san.” He returns the hug

“Gon, let’s go…” Kuro smiled. Kuro, Shira and Gon waved goodbye to Mito-san and granny. They run to the port and aboard the ship.

When the ship starts to sail, many townspeople say goodbye to them.

“Good luck!” they shouted.

“Knock ‘em dead!”

The three waved back and say their goodbyes.

“I’m going to become the best Hunter in the world!” Gon shouted back still waving. “Once I’m the best Hunter in the world, I’ll come back!”

Suddenly, they heard laughs behind them. “The best Hunter in the world?”

They turn and see people behind them.

‘I guess they’re also taking the exam.’ Shira thought, staring at them boringly.

Before Kuroyuki turned she changed her expression to emotionless.

“Kids don’t respect us.” The bald man with a scar on his face said.

“Every year, there are millions of skilled applicants for the Hunter Exam. But only handfuls are selected. Don’t say stuff that you can’t back up, boy.” The other man with a red scarf on his neck said and they all laugh.

‘What the… how dare they are? Underestimating, Gon.’ Shira’s blood is boiling but she kept her cool. “Heehh?? Old man, and you think your one of those handful ones?”

“Of course. Do you see these…?” the guy with the red scarf shows off his muscles and weapon.

She raises a brow. “And what’s that?” she asks in sarcasm. “If you rely on that it won’t get you far from the first exam.” She shrugs and sighs.

Gon is trying to stop her from arguing with those guys but it’s no use. He turns to his side to get help from Kuro but she’s already comfortably sitting away from them where the quiet part is. He sighs and sweat drop.

“What?! And who do you think you are? Little girls like you should stay home and play dolls.” the man said getting angry.

Shira just flashed a mischievous smile and said, “Who, me? Oh, I’m just an ordinary girl like this boy who’s going to take the exam.” She pointed at Gon. “And I don’t PLAY dolls. I collect them.” She shot them a glare. “Let’s go, Gon. Let’s explore this ship.” She excitedly said, ignoring all the glares.

“O-Okay!” he replied.

They are walking toward the stairs when they heard a man yelling.

“What are you doing, Katsuo? At this rate, you’ll never make a decent sailor.”

The poor man Katsuo is on the floor picking some green apples that had fallen, putting them back to the box while the other two sailors are just standing, kicking him and making him stumbles on the floor again then laughs at him. Gon and Shira look at each other. They walked down the stairs.

“Why are you bent over?” asks by one of the sailors as they laugh.

“Hey, losers!” a voice yelled. The sailors stop laughing and saw their captain. “Don’t slack off!”

“A-Aye, sir!” the sailors hurriedly get back to their work.

The captain drinks from the bottle his holding, “Hey…” he said to Katsuo who was still picking some apples on the floor. The poor guy was shocked. “Didn’t you hear me? Move that box.” The captain commanded him.

“A-Aye, Captain!” Katsuo-san hurriedly finish picking the apples and gets up, picking up the box.

Shira saw another apple beneath her. She gave it to Gon.

“Hold on.” Gon called to Katsuo and toss the apple into the box.

“Thanks!” Katsuo-san smiled and left.

They gave him a small wave while the captain just drinks at his bottle. Gon notices the noise that the seagulls are making and so is the captain.

“Gon, what do you think?” Shira asked.

“A storm’s coming.” He said not turning his attention from the birds.

The captain was surprised. “How can you tell, boy?” he asked.

“That’s what the seagulls are saying.” Gon pointed.

“What?”

“Plus…” Gon rub his nose and sniffs on the air. His face suddenly becomes serious. He jumps up until he reaches the watch tower of the ship.

Shira and the captain are waiting below.

“I think you should trust his instincts, captain.” She said.

The captain looked at her. “Hmm? You—those red eyes… Are you related to Akayuki Devourion?”

Shira smiled at him. “Yes. I’m Shirayuki and that’s my other sister up there.” She pointed at Kuro who is busy reading a book. “… Her name’s Kuroyuki.”

“Your names matches you hair.” He laughed. “So, you guys are going to follow your sister’s footsteps?” The captain smiled.

Shira just smiled at him then her attention goes back to Gon.

Gon came back and yelled, “It’s a huge storm that’s coming!” the captain looked shocked at what Gon said. “It’s true… I can tell by the smell!”

The captain was shocked and was deep in thought. He doesn’t know that Shira and Kuro can hear him.

Shira walked to Kuro and as Kuro turns her attention to her, Shira pulls Kuro’s necklace from her neck.

“Shira, give it back.” she said with her usual face, emotionless.
She doesn't like to show her emotions in public. She’ll just show them when she was with family, friends or she’s alone with someone else that she trusts.

Shira stuck a tongue out to her. “I’ll give it back if you told me the result of this test.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Oh, don’t play innocent with me, Kuro. We both knew that the exam starts here on this ship.”

A laugh interrupted them and it was the captain. “So, you knew about it. But I wonder how?” he asked scratching his head but then shrugs it off. “You really are the sisters of the Crimson Hunter.”

“Crimson Hunter? Has Akayuki-neechan made a name for herself?” Shira asked.

“Well, that’s everybody calling her but she never considers it.” He shrugs.

“Oh… We promise we will never tell anyone about what we found out.”

The captain smiled and left.

“So… let’s make a deal. You tell me the result of this test and I’ll give you your precious necklace back.” Shira grins.

Kuro just stares at her and seconds after she sighs. She knew how stubborn her little sister is. “Fine, deal.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Later, it started to rain and the ones that will take the exam are resting inside a room. A blonde is lying comfortably on a cradle reading a book, the other one is a guy who has glasses is sitting on a chair putting his legs on the table while the other guys are making their selves comfy in other places. Shira is sitting on the other side of the table across the guy with glasses.

“Mr., get your legs off the table, please. Have manners.” Shira said boringly biting on her green apple.

He opens his eyes and said, “You little…”

Shira open one eye and look at him chewing. “Little, what?” she asks innocently.

“Nothing.” The guy looked away and moved his legs off the table.

“Shirayuki!” Kuro called giving her a look. ‘It’s time.’ She speaks at her mind since they’re both vampires, they can hear each other's thoughts.

Shira: ‘Oh, goodie! Now, who’s out and who’s in?’

Kuro: ‘Those guys you have argument with are out and the three of us, the blonde, and the guy with round glasses are in. Now, GIVE IT BACK!!!’

Shira jolted up from Kuro’s yell in her head, making the guy in front of her to look at her confused. She gave him a small smile and turns to Kuro. She gives her a ‘how dare you’ look for shouting at her head. It feels like she was shouted by a full volume megaphone in her ear. She gets the necklace out of her pocket and tosses it to Kuro then go back to her usual doing.

‘Geez… she can be emotionless externally but not internally.’ She thought blocking her mind so Kuro can’t hear her.

Few seconds after, the big storm gets heavy, there are big waves that rocking the ship here and there. Making everyone stumbles in every corner of the room except the three of them, the blonde, and the guy with round glasses. They are just in their usual spot. Gon doing his own thing, Kuro and the blonde are reading books, and Shira gave the guy with round glasses an apple.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The captain is walking in the hall of the ship towards the room where the examinees are staying to check on them. “Damn, this is one lousy crew.” He complained.

He opened the door and saw many have been wiped out. “Not a one of them can stand. Pathetic.” He said as he scans the room. “And they’re supposed to be taking the Hunter Examination. What a laugh!” he rubs his head but stops when he heard Gon’s voice.

“Here are some herbs. If you chew them, you’ll feel a little better.” Gon said, giving the herbs to one of the guys who have been wiped out.

“W-Water…” the guy pleads.

“It’s coming, so hold on.” Gon said.

The captain looked surprised, “That boy…” then he heard a knot coming from the cradle because the blonde guy crossed his legs still reading a book. He then heard a bite sound and it was coming from the guy with glasses, he bites on the green apple that Shirayuki gave him and he made a sour face.

“This is one sour apple…” he complained. Shira rolled her eyes.

The captain’s eyes lastly landed on Kuro and Shira and they heard the captain’s thoughts but were cut by Katsuo-san.

“Excuse me!” he exclaims passing in front the captain’s face which shocked the captain made him flinched. “H-Here’s your water!” Katsuo-san gives the glass of water to Gon.

“Thanks.” Gon said to Katsuo and he gave it to the guy who needed it. “Now drink your fill.”

The guy drinks it, and Shira and the others who survived just watch him.

“Thanks. I really appreciate it, Katsuo-san.” Gon gave the glass back to Katsuo-san and smiles at him.

The five who survived the storm are called by the captain. The sisters, the blonde, Gon, and the guy with glasses are now standing in front of the captain.

“First, tell me your names.” The captain said.

“I’m Gon.” Gon raise his hand.

“I’m Kurapika.” The blonde said.

“It’s Leorio.” The guy with glasses said, sound annoyed.

“Shirayuki.” She said starting to get bored.

“Kuroyuki.” She said with no emotion at all.

“Why do you want to become Hunters?” the captain asked.

Suddenly, Leorio points at the captain, “Hey! If you’re not an examiner, you can’t boss us around!”

“Just answer the question!” the captain said.

Gon looks at him confused and he turns to the captain. “My dad is a Hunter.” He said proudly which shocked the captain. “I left Whale Island because I want to know why my dad desired so much to be a Hunter.”

The siblings heard the captain’s thoughts of Gon about being Ging’s son, and about the day has finally come. But they shrugged it off since it’s not their business.

“Hey, kid!” Leorio snapped.

“Huh?” Gon asked looking at him confused.

“You’re not supposed to answer his question!”

“Why can’t I tell him why I’m here?”

“Not a team player, huh?” He puts his pointer finger at Gon’s head. “I don’t wish to reveal why I’m here.” He said pushing Gon’s head backwards.

“I agree with Leorio.” Kurapika said with his soft voice.

“What?” asked Leorio in surprised. “Hey! Aren’t you younger than I am?” now, he points at Kurapika who closes his eyes. “Show some respect!”

Kurapika opens his eyes staring at the floor. “It’s quite simple to avoid pesky questions by offering a plausible lie.” He looks at the captain ignoring Leorio.

Leorio got mad for being ignored by him. “Hey! Are you listening to me?”

Again, Kurapika ignore him, “However, it is quite shameful to rely upon deceit.” He closes his eyes and puts his hands on his chest. “That said, if I were to tell you the truth,” gripping his clothes, “I would be exposing my deepest secrets. That is why I cannot provide an answer.”

Everyone in the room is silent except for Leorio, “Hey, you… Don’t ignore me!”

“In other words, you refuse to answer my question.” The captain said.

The siblings and Gon looked at the captain while Kurapika still closes his eyes and Leorio is still mad at him.

“Hey, Katsuo.” The captain called.

“Aye, Captain.” He answered.

“Tell the examination board that we have two more dropouts.” The captain said.

Kurapika and Leorio look shocked at the captain. Kuro is closing her eyes and just listening to the whole conversation and Shira is just watching the whole scene, she smirked when the two got shocked.

“What do you mean?” Leorio asked still wide eyed.

“You still haven’t figured it out? The Hunter Examination has already begun.” The captain said removing his smoking pipe from his mouth.

“What?” the two asked in unison.

Kuro opens her eyes and said not looking at them. “It’s best if you guys just answer his questions. This is like a Hunter Entrance Test… to determine who is out and who’s in… Who’s fit to take the exam and who’s not…”

The captain nods, “There are as many Hunter wannabes as there are stars in the sky. The examiners don’t have the time or resources to review them all. So they hire people like us, to trim the fat. I’ve already notified the board that everyone else on this ship had to withdraw.” He explained. “If they couldn’t handle a little storm, they’d stand no chance in the Hunter Examination’s later stages.”

“Eh? I just remembered.” Gon said when he remembered what Shira said earlier. ‘If you rely on that it won’t get you far from the first exam.’ “Shira, so you guys already know that those men won’t pass this test?” Gon asked so suddenly on Shira.

She nods, “Yes, the first time I see them I know they’re all bark and no bite. And Kuro also confirmed it. She takes a little peek at it.” She smiled at him.

“Hey! Now, that I noticed it. Why are you not questioning them about their reasons?” Leorio asks the captain, pointing at the siblings.

“Well, I already know their reasons.” The captain said. “In other words, you only proceed to the main exam if I pass you. So, think carefully before you answer my question.”

“So he says…” Gon said, turning to Leorio.

Leorio looked at him hands in both pockets. “Should have told us sooner.” Leorio mumbled.

Kuro’s attention turned to Kurapika. He’s deeply thinking if he’s going to say it.

Finally, he opens his eyes, “I am the last survivor of the Kurta Clan.” Everyone's attention turned to him even Leorio and Gon who is arguing. Kurapika is staring at the floor. “Four years ago, my clan was annihilated by a band of criminals.” He turned his looks to the captain. “I wish to become a Hunter and hunt down that band, the Phantom Troupe.”

“So you want to become a bounty hunter?” the captain asked. “The Phantom Troupe is a Class-A bounty. Not even the most grizzled Hunters can touch them. You’d be throwing away your life.”

Kurapika closes his eyes. “I do not fear death. I fear only my rage will fade over time.” when he opens them they glow scarlet and back to normal.

“So, in other words, you want revenge.” Leorio said. “Does that require that you become a Hunter?” he asked smartly.

“That may be the stupidest question I’ve ever heard, Leorio.” Kurapika said.

“I think so too, old man.” Shira said. “Why not take a hint?”

“That’s Leorio-san to you!” he said pissed off to Kurapika. He turns to Shira, “And you! You shut up!”

“Make me.” Shira grins.

“Places accessible only to Hunters… Information otherwise unobtainable…” Kurapika explained his reasons and Leorio is getting more pissed. “Actions otherwise impossible… There are more reasons than your brain could possibly handle.”

Leorio’s nose fumed but interrupted by Gon, “Hey! Why do you want to become a Hunter, Leorio-san?”

“Me?” He smiled and calmed down. “I’ll make it short. I want money.” He smiled like he’s serious. “Money can get you everything!” he exclaims with a pose. “A big house! A nice car! Good liquor!” he exclaims as he makes an action in everything he said.

Shira thought if he’s half mental or something. “Right…”

“You can’t buy class with money, Leorio.” Kurapika snapped.

A vein popped on Leorio’s head. He was angry and even, more pissed. “That’s three times now.” He said seriously. “Step outside. I’ll end the filthy Kurta bloodline, here and now.” With that said, he walked to the door

“Take that back, Leorio!” Kurapika yelled, angrily.

Leorio opens the door and glances at Kurapika.

“Take that back!” Kurapika said again.

“That’s Leorio-san to you.” Leorio said and walks out.

“Tsk!” Kurapika followed.

“Hey, boys!” the captain called. “I’m not finished yet!”

“Just let them go.” Gon said not turning his attention from the door. “Mito-san once told me… ‘If you want to get to know someone, you need to make an effort to learn why they’re angry.’ It’s important for them to understand why they’re mad.” He smiled to the captain. “So we should let them settle it themselves.”

“Captain!” one of the captain’s crew who drives the wheel called. “L-Look…” he pointed.

Shira and Kuro look to where the man is pointing. A waterspout and a big one.

“If we get caught by that waterspout, the ship will sink.” Katsuo-san said worriedly.

“Lower the sails now.” The captain commanded.

“Aye !” Katsuo-san replied.

“I’ll help!” Gon said.

“Uh-huh, come with me.” Katsuo leads the way.

“I’ll take the helm.” The captain shoves the driver from the helm.

“Aye!” the man followed Gon and Katsuo-san.

“Full to starboard!” the captain shouts.

“Shira, we should help, too.” Kuro said heading to the door.

The rain is so heavy and everyone is busy pulling the rope.

“The waterspout is gonna catch us!” one the crew yelled.

They helped pulling the rope but didn’t use their vampire strength so their secret won’t be revealed and only Gon knows. They pulled and pulled when a strong gust of wind blows by, the men flew and let go of the rope to grab something except for Katsuo-san. He was sent flying with the rope. Gon and the siblings are on the other side when they saw Katsuo-san.

“Katsuo-san!” Gon yelled.

Katsuo-san was thrown off, passing between Kurapika and Leorio who was about to battle. They quickly jump to his rescue but they couldn’t reach him.

“Damn it!” they said.

That’s where Gon jumps and caught Katsuo-san. Kurapika and Leorio caught Gon’s legs, and Katsuo-san together with Gon were dipped in the water.

“Pull ‘em out! Now…” Leorio said.

They both pull Gon out the water and Gon holds tight on Katsuo-san’s unconscious body.

Kuro grabs Kurapika’s arm to help him up and Shira doing the same on Leorio since they are hanging outside the ship.
It was morning when the storm ended.
Sunlight passes through the dark clouds. And the winds are calm again.

“You idiot!” Leorio yelled on Gon. “If we hadn’t grabbed your legs, you’d be shark bait now.”

“Honestly… How reckless can you be?” Kurapika added.

“But you did catch me.” Gon said.

“Huh?” Leorio asked. They both looked at Gon confused.

“You both caught me!” Gon exclaimed happily as he sits on the floor facing Leorio and Kurapika.

"And that's what you call a teamwork!" Shira commented.

“Well, I guess so…” Leorio look at Gon dumbfounded.

Shirayuki giggled while Kuroyuki sighs.

“Gon!” they suddenly heard Katsuo-san running towards them.

They all turn to him.

“Katsuo-san!” Gon replied, standing up.

“Thanks, Gon!” he smiled. “You saved my life.”

“I couldn’t have done it alone.” Gon said to him. “These guys helped save you.” He said as he turned to Shira and the others.

The siblings nod at Katsuo-san while the two asked surprised, “Huh?”

“Thank you very much!” Katsuo turned to them and bowed.

Shira smiled to him, “No need for that.”

“Glad to know you’re alright.” Kuro said.

Kurapika closes his eyes and said, “No, you don’t need to thank me.”

“Well… Yeah, I’m glad you’re okay.” Leorio smiled widely which made Kurapika to look at him.

“Yeah! So I’ll be returning to my station!” Katsuo-san said happily and walked away.

Leorio caught Kurapika’s stare and frown. Kurapika smiled.

“What?” Leorio asked making a face.

“I apologize for my rude behavior. Sorry, Leorio-san.” Kurapika smiled with an apologetic look.

Leorio was surprised but also a little confused. “Wh-What’s with the sudden change? We sound like strangers…” he said blushing and turns away. “Just call me Leorio… Leorio works.”

Kurapika smiled.

“I’m also sorry. I take back everything I said. I was wrong.” he added.

“No, it’s okay.” Kurapika replied.

The siblings look at each other smiling and to Gon who looks at them back also smiling, then they all heard the captain laughed from the door.

“I like you, guys!” he said. “Okay! I’ll take responsibility for bringing you five to the port closest to the exam site.” He said walked up the stairs.

“Really? What about your test?” Gon asked.

The captain looked at him and to Kuro.

“Gon!” She called. “The answer is obvious from what he just said.”

“She’s right! And means all five of you pass!” the captain exclaims.

Leorio smiled widely. Kurapika smiled then closes his eyes, and also Kuro but not in obvious way, also closes her eyes not to completely show her emotions.

While Gon and Shira jump and cheer, “Yay!” together and laughed.

And so it began the journey of the Devourion siblings, together with Gon and their new friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it! It's the whole episode that's why its soooo long...!
Pls. comment and tell me what do you think and also if you have any ideas you can share I really appreciate it. Pls. Subscribe and Recommend also.. :3
It's already 2:45 am.. I better go to bed... Mornyt! X3
Disclaimer: I do not own Hunter X Hunter 2011