Status: :3 fufu My second story. i know i didn't finish making the first one but i can't help but write this... or else i will forget it.

Red x Black x White

Chapter II

Dolle Harbor

After winning the captain’s favor, the five of Gon, Shirayuki, Kuroyuki, Kurapika and Leorio arrived safely at Dolle Harbor. Gon and Shirayuki said thanks to the captain while the other three walked first.

“Thanks, Captain!” Gon shakes hands with the captain. “We had a great time!”

The captain laughs, “I had fun, too. Right! As a token of my appreciation, I’ll give you guys some advice.”

“Advice?” Gon and Shira ask.

“Look. See that big cedar tree on the hilltop?” he points to the hilltop that has a gigantic Cedar tree.

Gon nods. “Uh-huh.

“Yup, see it.” Shira said.

“You should make your way there first. It’s a shortcut to the exam site.”

“Seriously?” Shira asks excitedly.

“A shortcut?” Gon asks.

“So, I just need to head for that tree! I’ll do that, Captain. Thanks!” Gon said.

“Me, too… I’ll tell sis about this. Thanks, Captain!” Shira said.

“Best of luck to you guys!” the captain winked.

“Yep! Same to you! Take care!” Gon exclaims and runs.

“Bye, Captain!” Shira waved and followed Gon to where the others are waiting.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“Huh… That’s strange.” Leorio asks, staring at the city map.

“Why?” Gon asks.

“According to the notice I received, the exam is supposedly being held somewhere in Zaban City.” He turned back to the map and points their location then points at the tree then to Zaban City. “That tree is in the opposite direction.”

“Perhaps you misheard him?” Kurapika asks Gon.

“No, he told me to head toward that cedar tree.”

“I see…” Kurapika put a hand on his chin and thought.

“Shirayuki, what do you think?” Kuro asks.

“He wasn’t lying.” Shira replied.

“Then that settles it.” Kuro turned to the others. “Hey, guys! We’ve decided to check that tree.”

“And this notice isn’t any help!” Leorio said confused. “Where, exactly, in Zaban City are we meant to go?”

“Our task is to find the exam site, using a limited amount of information.” Kurapika said stating a point. “Just another test before we’ll be allowed to take the Hunter Exam.”

“I-I knew that… I already knew that!” Leorio yelled.

“Anyway, I’ll go have a look. I’ll come with you, Kuro.” Gon smiled.

Kuro nods. “Then, we’ll head out first. If anything happens that made you change your minds you can catch up to us anytime.” She said and left.

“The captain must have had a reason to suggest that.” Gon added.

“Hey, hey…” Leorio called. “You serious? The bus to Zaban is about to leave. We should just take it.” Leorio said to the three who continues to walk, waving at them. “Hey!”

Kuro noticed that Kurapika catch up to them.

“May I join you?” he asks.

“Sure.” Kuro nods.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Moments later, they’re walking on a rocky road with Leorio following behind them.

“So, what made you change your mind, Leorio?” Kurapika asks remembering what Kuro said.

“Well… I knew you guys would be lonely without me. And it’s no fun traveling alone. So I decided to stick with you guys a while longer.” Leorio laughs.

“Uh-huh… I’ll consider it.” Kuro said.

Leorio stop laughing. “Whatever!”

The others laugh making Leorio blushed. “Stop it!”

They walked in a town, more like a ghost town.

“This is a creepy place…” Leorio said. “I don’t see a single person.”

Gon disagreed. “No, there are plenty here.”

“What?” Leorio asks shocked.

They all turned to a big wooden door that opened. Two persons wearing a weird costume walked out trolling a cart of other strange people on it. There’s an old lady sitting at the center.

“Wh-What’s with the freak show?” Leorio mumbled to the others.

“Exciting…” the old lady said.

“E-Exciting?” Leorio asked.

“Exciting…” the old lady repeated.

“Exciting.” He repeated and gulped.

The old lady opened her eyes and shouts, “Exciting two-choice quiz!” the band behind her began
playing music.

Making everyone surprised and confused. They all have a look like this (O.O) except for Kuro who stayed emotionless.

“You boys and girls are headed for that tree on the hill, correct?” the old lady asks. “To reach that
tree, you must pass through this town.”

“Huh?”

“I shall administer a single-question quiz.”

“H-Hold on! What’s going on here?” Leorio asks totally confused.

“You’ll have five seconds to state your answer. Give the wrong answer, and you’re disqualified. You’ll have to give up on taking this year’s Hunter Exam.” The old lady said.

“I see…” Kurapika smiled. “Then this is part of the Hunter Exam.”

“I see how it is.” Leorio said putting his bag down. “I happen to be a quiz expert.” He said proudly
then paused. “Wait. Only one question?” he asked shocked.

Shira face palm, “Aren’t you listening?”

“W-Well…” he stuttered.

“Your answer will be either the number 1 or 2.” The old lady said. “Any other answer will be considered incorrect.”

“Hold on!” Leorio said panicking. “All five of us share one question? So if one them answers incorrectly, I’m disqualified, too?”

Kurapika crosses his arms. “As if that would happen! What scares me is the high likelihood of the vice versa happening.” He shrugs and shakes his head.

“What was that?” Leorio said getting angry.

“Cut it out, you two! Let’s just focus on the problem here.” Kuro sighs.

“But aren’t you afraid, too?” Shira asked her teasing Leorio more.

But before Leorio could say anything,“But, you know…” Gon cut off making everyone’s attention turn
to him. “This way’s easier, since only one of us needs to know the answer. I’m not good at quizzes.”
He admits.

“I suppose…” Leorio said n defeat.

“Fair point.” Kurapika agreed.

“Hey, there. Hurry it up.” A new guy said. “Or else I’ll answer the question first.”

“Who are you?” Leorio asked.

“He followed us here, all the way from port.” Gon said.

“Huh? Seriously?”

“Sorry, kid.” The guy shrugs. “I happened to overhear your conversation.”

“What will you do?” the old lady asks.

“He seems eager to take it.” Leorio said. “We should let him go first. That way, we’ll know what kind of question to expect.”

“Good idea.” Shira nods.

“I don’t mind. Gon said.

“I have no objection.” Kurapika said.

“Me too.” Kuro nods.

They all move to the back while the guy steps up front to the buzzer.

“Then I’ll get to it.” The guy grins.

Shira and Kuro heard his thought about he calls them fools and that he’ll leave a trail of traps behind him. They smiled.

‘What an Idiot!’ Shira thought.

“Here is your question…” the old lady starts. “Evil villains have captured your mother and lover. You
can only save one. Select 1 for your mother or 2 for your lover. Which will you save?”

The question shocked Gon, Leorio and Kurapika.

“H-How is this even a quiz?” Leorio asked.

The guy just grinned more and hit the buzzer. “The answer is 1.” He said confidently

“Oh? Why do you say that?” the old lady asked curiously.

“Because you can’t replace your mother. But you can find another lover.” He answers.

His answer makes Leorio angry. “What?”

“You may pass.” The lady said pointing the way behind her without turning her attention from them.

“What?” Leorio asked again.

The guy turned to them before heading first. “You just have to tell the old lady what she wants to hear. Adios.”

“Hey, now! That’s all bull!” Leorio yelled angrily. “How was that the right answer? We’re supposed to give the answer the old lady wants? And that’s considered correct?”

Everyone just stayed silence.

“Hey, say something! I won’t put up with this sham. I’ll find a different route.” Leorio said and turn to the direction where they walk from.

“It’s too late.” The old lady stopped him. “Refuse to take the quiz, and you’re disqualified.”
♠ ♠ ♠
A cliffhanger!!!!!!!!! X3
O.O

Fufufu! :3 I'll update the next part soon.
Pls. comment and subscribe!
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Hunter X Hunter 2011