Wolfbane Heart

Dancing with Were-Wolves

“Ok we’ll take two cars to the party in case Scott decides to send us on a wild goose chase,” Derek explained to the two teenagers, making Jude nod and Stiles furrow his eyebrows as he was still trying to process all of the information previously thrown his way.

“Wild wolf chase,” Jude corrected, not even looking up from the forest ground as she avoided all lethal looking branches. When she glanced up at Derek and saw his less-than-amused expression, she winced and shook her head. “Yeah, Stiles humor, sorry.”

“Hey!” Stiles shouted from behind them, not quite able to keep up with Derek’s werewolf speed and Jude’s fast walking abilities. Derek ignored the flailing teenager and continued on with his plan.

“You two will go to the party as you normally would and just keep an eye on Scott. I’ll be nearby, but if anything happens that I don’t see, just call me.” Derek spun around to face them, checking to make sure they knew the plan.

“Yeah, sounds good and all, but how would we call you if we don’t have your number? Or do we just howl at the moon and hope you understand what we’re saying?” Stiles questioned Derek, making Derek clench his jaw and Jude roll her eyes. Derek swung his gaze over to Jude and she nodded at him, remembering when she had given him her number the night before.

“Okay let’s go Stilinski, I’ve got to make myself look pretty for the party,” she said, looping her arm through his and pulling him in the direction of his car.

“But we didn’t solve the communications problem!” He yelled, not having seen her exchange with Derek.

“Consider it solved Stiles, nothing for you to worry about,” she smiled at him, making him raise an eyebrow at her before shaking his head and muttering to himself as he stumbled into the drivers seat. As they were heading back to her house, she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket.

Only text me if there’s a real emergency - DH

She shook her head, smiling slightly at how terse he was even over text message.

“Hey Jude?” Stiles spoke up, his voice slightly cracking towards the end. Jude raised her eyebrow and looked over at the boy wringing his hands on the steering wheel.

“Yes Stiles?”

“What exactly does one wear to a high school party?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jude looked down at her two fashion options, frowning. One was a dark blue v neck dress that made her boobs look bigger but would require her to wear kitten heels, which wouldn’t be too easy to run in. The other option was a pair of dark wash, distressed skinny jeans, dark brown heeled ankle boots, and a white, flowy, spaghetti-strapped tank top that showed off a sliver of her tanned summer stomach. Jude sighed and grabbed the jeans off of the bed, knowing that tonight especially she would have to put comfort first. After finally getting her outfit on after having to do the tight-pants-dance and getting caught in her tank top, she moved onto her make up.

Jude always focused on her eyes when she did her makeup because everyone always told her that she had her dad’s green eyes. Both of her parents had died in a car crash five years previous, and Jude did everything she could to hold onto their memories. Jude’s mom, Meredith Winters, was one of the most caring woman she ever knew, and was known to pick up any stray animal that wandered into their yard. She worked at the veterinarian hospital in town so it was only fitting. Although Jude loved her mom unconditionally, she always felt like she bonded more with her dad.

Jude’s dad, Daniel Winters, raised her to see the good in everyone. He was a “innocent until proven guilty” kind of guy, and it took a lot for him to get mad. While he was an optimist at heart, he did recognize the reality of how dark the world had become and enlisted Jude at about the age of 12 in a kick boxing class. What started out as a hobby turned into a sport for her. After her parents died, Jude became even more immersed in the sport in order to take her mind off of everything and eventually widened her horizons to mixed martial arts and other self defense courses. Stiles and Scott always thought that it was a bit weird of a hobby for a 17 year old girl, but they never pushed.

And yes, you heard correctly. Jude is 17 and a junior in high school. She was one of the oldest people in her grade as she was going to turn 18 in approximately two months. Jude was already enrolled at school at a pretty old age, and was placed in Scott and Stiles’s preschool class, but eventually the teachers moved her up a grade when they realized how ridiculous it was having her in a class with kids who were two years younger than her. While Jude was a grade above Scott and Stiles, it never put a damper on their friendship. She made friends with the kids in her grade and hung out with them during some of her free time, but the majority of her time was dedicated to her two best friends. Sure, they were always making old lady jokes and poking fun at her age, but she didn’t plan on leaving the two dweebs anytime soon.

Jude was shaken out of her day dreaming when she heard a familiar horn sound outside of her window. She quickly double checked her eye makeup in the mirror, fixing her black eyeliner a bit, and pulled her hair out of its braid so that her dirty blonde hair fell into loose waves.

“I’m coming, I’m coming,” she muttered under her breath even though she knew Stiles couldn’t hear her.

“Well you sure took your sweet time,” Stiles commented from his perch in the drivers seat.

“A girl’s gotta look pretty,” Jude said, twirling to show him her full outfit and making him laugh.

“You look great, now let’s go save our best friend from wolfing out on the girl of his dreams,” he said, peeling onto the street once she got in the car.

“Good plan, and I approve of the outfit,” she said, nodding at his khakis and button-up shirt over a white v-neck.

“What? I wear this like everyday Jude.”

“Just take the compliment and drive Stilinski,” she said, laughing and turning up the radio, trying to drown her nerves as she thought about Scott and his newly formed problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea,” Stiles said, glancing up at the looming house filled to the brim with loud and extremely drunk high school students. Jude rolled her eyes and grabbed Stiles’s arm, dragging him into the swarm of bodies. Jude had been to her fair share of high school parties considering the fact that she dated Jackson Whittemore the year before, and they no longer seemed intimidating to her. She had tried to drag Scott and Stiles to a few, but they always managed to come up with excuses last minute as to why they couldn’t come. Jude knew it was because they didn’t like Jackson, but she never pushed them.

Jackson wasn’t as big of an ass as he made himself out to be, and he always made an effort when he was with her to be nice to her two best friends, although they still didn’t like him. After about six months of dating each other, they realized that they were probably better off as friends since they got along great but didn’t really feel anything past that. After that, Jude helped set him up with Lydia since Jackson had been crushing on her (she never told Stiles since she knew that he was obsessed with the girl), and then they parted as close friends. Lydia warmed up to Jude a bit but still seemed a bit cautious around her since she was her boyfriend’s ex, which is completely understandable. Speaking of Ms. Martin, where was she? If they could find Lydia then they could probably find Allison since she was her newest playmate.

“Hey Stiles, we’ve got to find Lydia!” Jude yelled over the loud house music. Stiles whipped his head around to look at her with wide eyes.

“What? Lydia? Why do we need to find her? Like I don’t mind or anything but aren’t we looking for Allison? Why are we detouring towards Lydia? Why Lydia? Why-“ Jude cut him off by placing her hand over his mouth and sighing.

“Lydia has become best friends with Allison. We find Lydia and we’ll probably find her new side kick.” Stiles nodded and allowed her to grab his hand and lead him through the people and out towards the back yard and pool area.

“I guess we don’t need to find the Queen Bee after all,” Stiles yelled, pointing over the throngs of dancing couples towards Scott and Allison getting friendly on the dance floor. Jude’s eyebrows raised to her hair line and she let out a low whistle.

“Go Scott,” she commented, making Stiles laugh and pull her closer as more people jostled around them.

“We need to get them apart though, Jude. He shifts when his heart rate goes up, and judging by their dance moves, it’s probably sky-rocketing,” Stiles explained, making Jude furrow her eyebrows and scan her eyes over the scene, before jerking her eyes back slightly to the woods.

“Hey isn’t that Der-“ before she could finish her sentence, however, Scott bolted through the throng of bodies and back around the house. “Stiles, go after Scott, I’ll do damage control with Allison,” she said, making Stiles nod and race back into the house. Jude pulled out her phone and sent a quick text to Derek.

I’m assuming you saw that

She quickly shoved her phone back into her pocket and jogged in between gyrating bodies to meet a crestfallen Allison in the center of the floor. “Hey Allison, I’m Jude, best friend of Scott and Stiles, Scott wanted me to let you know that he’s sick so he has to go home. He was really sick earlier so we told him not to go to the party, but he was pretty adamant on seeing you, so he snuck out the window.”

Allison seemed to brighten up considerably as she heard Jude’s words and was even smiling at the end. “He snuck out of his window to see me?” She asked with slight wonder coating her words and Jude grinned at the girl, liking her more every second.

“Yeah, and he’s not very good at sneaking either,” she said, making Allison laugh and seem to relax. Their bonding moment was cut short, however, by a familiar leather-wearing lurker.

“Hi, you’re Allison, right?” Derek asked, flashing Allison a false wide smile that could probably make any girl swoon. Allison nodded hesitantly, not sure if she should trust the stranger in all black. “I’m Derek, I’m a friend of Scott’s. He asked me to give the two of you a ride home since him and Stiles sped out of here,” he explained, making Allison look over at Jude hesitantly. Jude smiled at her and nodded, making Allison look back over at Derek with a sigh.

“A ride would be nice,” she finally answered, making him smile at her again and gestured for her and Jude to follow him to the front of the house. Jude decided to make Allison’s life a little easier and slid into the passenger seat so that the Argent girl wouldn’t have to. Before Allison got into the back, Jude turned to Derek with a raised eyebrow.

“Really? Scott’s friend? You look like you’re thirty,” she told him, trying to stifle a laugh at his unamused expression and failing.

“Shut up,” he finally retorted, making Jude crack up at his lame come back, and making him stomp on the accelerator the second Allison sat down.