Status: Unfinished and won't be updated.

Time After Time

Tenth

On the next few days, nothing much changed. Gustav went back to live in his own place that is now repaired. Gustav and Rose still met when they did their morning or evening walk. She showed him the good place to buy food and clothes, where to find and get discount, where to have fun and even teach him a little about how to cook. In the end, Gustav only mastered omelette and boiled egg. But then again, you don't need any special talent to cook boiled egg and Rose had a good laugh when Gustav told her that he thought he was pretty good at making boiled egg.

Sometimes she visited him to with apple pie or lasagna for dinner. Sometimes he visited him with treat for Lestat or when he bought Vegemite and he thought that food paste was expired because it tasted weird.

It was slow, but Rose could see that Gustav talked a lot more now and he didn't look sad as much as before. Sometimes when he spaced out, he would end up staring at Rose and asking question like, 'How on earth can you enjoy something like Vegemite?'

Two weeks passed without nothing big happened.

One day, when the visited the beach to enjoy the view because the weather was pretty cold, Gustav asked, "So what are you doing lately? Beside working your part-time job, of course…"

"Not much, really… I just want to enjoy myself for a while."

"Hey Rose, remember when you told me that there might be no tomorrow?"

"Yeah. What's with that?"

"Well… do you have any dream that you want to achieve?"

"Yeah. Like two years holiday. Visiting all the tourist place that ever exist. I didn't even go to a lot of fun place in this area… all my international friends back in uni did," she chuckled. "Going for bushwalk, riding ferry in Sydney Harbour… things like that. I always tell myself, 'Naaah, I'll do that later', but I've never done any of them until now."

Gustav smirked.

"Then, let's go."

"What? Where?"

"To all the tourist place that you always want to go but you don't."

"Really? I mean, I would love to, but I don't think I have enough money—"

"I'll pay for both of us."

Rose laughed, "Gustav, seriously, why are you so rich?"

He didn't say anything for a few second, but then he smirked again.

"I'm actually come from a royal family."

"Is that why your name is 'Gustav'?"

"Yeah. That's also why I have a lot of money," he chuckled. "But seriously, I'll pay for you. And Lestat as well, if he can go."

"But why?"

"Why not, Rose? You've been really nice to me since I came here. Let's say I want to repay you with these series of holiday. How about that?"

"… this is too good to be true."

"So you're agree to go?"

"Yeah. Let's go somewhere tomorrow."

"Great! We can start looking for all the place that we might visit… I'd prefer if we don't start with Sydney, though. It's too crowded in there, beside…" suddenly, his expression was tense.

Rose stared at him. "… some people might recognise you… right?"

Gustav stared back at her, he looked surprised, but also afraid at the same time.

"… because you're a member of royal family!" Rose laughed and Gustav laughed as well.

"Yeah, we don't want that to happen, don't we? Don't want everyone act so fancy around me once they know who I am," Gustav scoffed. "We can use your car. I'll pay for the petrol and everything."

The more they talk, the more Rose felt that Gustav was so happy that he was going to have big long holiday. Seeing him smile made her smiled as well. So she kept up with his enthusiasm.

It's wonderful that we came up to this idea. I think we need a break of life sometimes and just take a little walk around to admire the beauty of life itself that sometimes we forget because we're too busy with work, study—with life itself as well.

"So where do you recommend us to go tomorrow?" Gustav asked happily as they walked home.

Rose smiled, "Jervis Bay. Then to the Blowhole in Kiama."