Status: Unfinished and won't be updated.

Time After Time

Third

The night after Rose's first contact with the new neighbor, she seemed to be couldn't take her mind off him. She found herself thinking about him while she was preparing dinner for Lestat and her. Rose stared down to see her dog watching her cooking as usual. Without even thinking about it, she mumbled, "You're so lucky, aren't you? He held you." Rose chuckled. She looked at the TV that she left on, showing Blink 182 music video for their song "I Miss You".


Hello there, the angel from my nightmare...


Rose petted her dog while her eyes were fixed on the TV.


And in the night, we'll wish this never end.
We'll wish this never end...


She shook her head and stood up. "You can't keep doing this to yourself, Rose Lette," she commanded herself. "Eat your dinner, clean up and go to bed. Forget about your new neighbor." She took her dish into her dining table while she was thinking, Not that easy, actually, since he lives just in front of your house...

Don't waste your time on me you're already the voice inside my head...
Don't waste your time on me you're already the voice inside my head...


***


Rose woke up the next day, unable to remember where was she for the first time in years, as if some kind of change has happened to her. She sat on her bed, watching Lestat snoring loudly in the other side of her bed and hating herself because the first thought that popped up into her mind was the mysterious neighbor.

Again.

Come to think of it, she didn't even know his name! She was thinking maybe she could at least introduce herself properly to that new neighbor. Would that be awkward, though? It had been a while since he moved there and she hadn't do anything. Not yet. Rose threw herself back at the bed, wondering.

Was he moved from somewhere else? Somewhere else very far, maybe? That, perhaps, explains the gloomy I'm-terribly-alone-here aura. His accent didn't sound very different with the usual Australian accent, though. But then again, Rose remembered when she had two new friends from England that came for exchange. They didn't sound like they came from far because she even remembered she was asking them herself whether they came from Sydney or Melbourne or somewhere else in Australia.

It was a bit funny when they answered, 'I'm from London, actually.'

Suddenly, there was a series of knock on the door.

Rose jumped out from her bed, unable to stop herself thinking that it might be him. It might be.