Status: Just A Working Idea

All Good Fun

An Encounter With The Clown Prince Himself

I shook in fear as his cackle filled the room. "Ladies and gentlemen, there's-ah nothing to a fear. I-ah just want your-ah money. Only a few of ya are going to die," he said, laughing at the last part.

I dared a peak at him, and almost screamed when I saw the he was right beside me. He glanced down and his cold, dull brown eyes stared into my faded ones. I cringed as he smiled wide, and I saw his scars stretch. "What do we-ah have here?" He asked cocking his head to side. He bent his head down close to mine, "Are you-ah afraid, sweetheart?"

The smell of gasoline wafted off of him, just like my dream. It made my breath hitch in my throat. I tried to scramble backwards, but the Joker grabbed my leg and pulled me up to him. He grabbed my wrists, laughing, "I take that as ah yea." He dropped his face next to mine, and his warm breath tickled my ear, "What's-ah your name, sweetheart?"

"S-scarlet," I whispered. My heart was beating so hard I was positive the Joker could here it. I winced as I heard gun shots and screams around me.

The Joker leered at me, "Well-ah, Scarlet I'll see you some other time, love. I've-ah got to go before the bat comes." He kissed my hand and left with his goons.

I shakily looked at the mess around me. There was dead bodies, and bloodied people around me. I sat in a state of shock as the cops showed up and questioned people. I heard the lady beside me say, "That girl with the scar, was talking very friendly with Joker. They didn't take her money or anything."

I was kind of mad at the lady's words, she didn't even know me. But at the same time I did realize that they hadn't taken anything from me. Why?

I heard footsteps coming towards me and tried to come up with an explanation for commissioner Gordon. A hand came down on my shoulder, I looked up and was surprised to see Batman. "Excuse me ma'am, but I'd like to ask you a few questions." I nodded my head to let him know to continue. "Many witnesses said you and the Joker had a conversation with each other." I nodded, again. "What was the nature of the conversation?"

"H-he asked me my name, and when I gave it to him he k-kissed my hand, and told me he had to go before you got here. And, he just left."

"Is there anything else," Batman asked, watching me.

I took a breath, hating what I was about to say, "H-he told me he'd see me again."

Batman nodded. "Have you ever had any other encounter with joker?"

"No. I've never seen him in person 'till tonight."

"One more thing, what did they take from you?"

"Nothing," I said honestly, but quickly added, "I don't know why though. Seriously, I don't."

He looked me over for a minute. "Can I have your name, in case we need to contact you."

The way he said it as a statement and not a question, very much like what the Joker did, made me tell him. "Scarlet. Scarlet Pruitt."

He looked at me confused for a moment. "You aren't Mimi and Jack Pruitt's kid are you?"

I looked at him with anger in eyes. "As far as I'm concerned they don't deserve a child," I hissed. He flinched at the coldness in my voice, "And, parents don't abandon their children, and tell everybody she's a whore, because she didn't want to go to college and become a damn lawyer." With that I spun on my heel and walked away.

Before I could reach the door, a hand grabbed my wrist and, I was spun around. Batman looked at me, and I could see sorrow in his eyes. "Your parents miss you. The even told everybody the story about you wasn't true. I just thought you'd like to know." With that Batman walked away from me.

I walked home in a daze. First Joker and then my parents apparently love me again. I needed to go home and sleep, but it was only about three in the after noon.

**

I stepped into my apartment, and headed over to the phone. On the way I had decided what I had to do. I dialed a familiar number and waited for them to pick up. After four rings they did.

"Hello?"

I got my courage up, "Hey, mom, it's Scarlet."
♠ ♠ ♠
Woop, second update today. Pat on the back for Sammi. I really hoped I did the Joker's part okay, still trying to get into his role. Tell me what you think? ~Sammi