Status: Just A Working Idea

All Good Fun

The Sky's Finally Blue

"It was a pleasure meeting you," I told Bruce as he was leaving.

He grabbed my hand, kissing it. "The pleasure is all mine. Good night, Scarlet."

My father and mother bid him goodbye. Once he was gone all of sat in the living room. Dad and I were enjoying a glasses of brandy as they questioned me.

"Did you ever go to college?" Mom asked.

"No. I didn't have the money. I stayed with a friend and got a job with SEPT Co. When I got enough money I moved into the cheapest apartment I could find and started a new life."

My mom got suddenly serious. "Scarlet, do you still hate us for what we did?"

"I thought I hated you, and I thought I would still hate you when I came here today. But, when you opened the door today I remembered every good thing you did for me, and I just couldn't. It confuses me to no end, I didn't know how all that emotion could just slip away from me. That leaves us with just getting things back on track right?"

My mother nodded looking deep in thought at what I said. My father spoke up. "Do you have any special guys we should know about?"

I groaned. "No, dad. No guys have caught my eye since I left."

"Oh, well," his face got redder, "have any girls, you know?"

"Dad!" I exclaimed, my face turning scarlet. "No, absolutely not."

My mother looked at me. "Well dear, we do want to have grandchildren."

I rolled my eyes, and drowned the rest of my brandy. I stood up stretching. "Well, I'm beat." I leaned down and gave my dad a kiss on the cheek and did the same to my mom. "G'Night."

"Good night sweetie."

I made my way to my room, and fell into bed-not even caring about removing my dress.

**

I was at my desk at work. I looked around, but no one else was around. My eyebrows furrowed, as I stood up. I walked away from my desk, the only sound coming from my heels. I was about to round the corner when a mad cackle stopped me.

"My dear Scarlet, didn't I-ah tell you I'd see ya again?" His warm breath tickled my ear.

I calmly turned around to face him. I steadied my voice, "Joker, what a pleasant surprise. To what do I owe the honor?"

He smiled, his scars stretching wide. He brought his face close to my ear, once more, and whispered. "Scarlet, my dear, why don't-cha come home with me."

I backed up until I felt myself hit the wall. "No! This is not real. I'm making you up. Just leave me alone!"

**

I jolted up from the bed, shaking. I stood up and walked to the bathroom. I splashed cold water on my face, and gripped the edge of the sink so hard my knuckles turned white. I looked at the clock which read 5:56. I sighed, I might as well get ready for work since I wouldn't be able to get to sleep after that dream. I searched my closet, pushing all my old high school garb around. I finally settled on a white button up blouse and a fingertip length navy blue floral skirt.

I slowly made my way down the staircase, enjoying the smooth sensation of the polished wood railing against the palm of my hand. The wooden stairs gave way to the marble flooring and I marveled at difference I felt through my heels. I missed this old house, all my memories were here. Smiling a little, as a remembered all the things little Scarlet did, I made my way into the kitchen.

In about an hour I had cook up a lovely meal for my parents and me. My mouth was watering from the scent of golden brown pancakes, crisp bacon, juicy sausage, and freshly cut fruit. I put some ice in a cup, making my hand chill, and poured sweet tea into the for my mom. Setting down two cups of black coffee, one for dad the other for me, I went upstairs to tell my parents breakfast was ready.

"This is really delicious, Scarlet. I had forgotten how good of a cook you were," my mom said taken her last bite.

I smiled. "Thank you, I've always loved cooking." I took a sip of coffee, as it slightly scalded my tongue. "I wanted to open up a small mom and pop place when y'all kicked me out, but the bank wouldn't give me the money."

"How much would you need?" my dad asked.

"I'm not sure anymore. enough to but or lease a place, the equipment, and the start up stuff."

"Consider it your coming home present."

A smile crossed my face. "Thank you so much." Things were finally looking up after Jack.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a filler chapter for my next chapter brainstorm. I know I've been gone for ever after I promised I wouldn't and I'm horrible. But summer's here, so I shall be better. I was looking at this last night and was like 'why did I ever stop writing you?' especially since it was 500 something words in the chapter and mid sentence. Oh well, Thanks to who ever still reads this. ~Sammi