Status: Just A Working Idea

All Good Fun

Sassing Off

~A year and a half later~

My eyes fluttered open and I looked at my surroundings in the dimly lit room. A soft smile crossed my face as I took in Bruce's sleeping form beside me. I crawled up on my hands and knees giving him a kiss. He groaned as I pulled away and was met by my gentle laugh. Laying back on my side I traced my hand up and down his muscular chest.

"Good morning to you too," Bruce said slightly turning towards me. "What time is it, honey?"

I smiled at his pet name, before looking down in guilt. "5:30."

He groaned at my answer. "On Saturday?"

"I have to head to the restaurant, and I didn't want to just leave. Maybe you'd like to come with me this morning, we're giving pancakes to the homeless."

He placed a small kiss on my forehead. "I'll come, but I have to leave around ten for a meeting."

I smiled; God how I loved this man. Bruce and I had gone on a few dates before he asked me to be his girlfriend, and we aren't living together but I have a couple outfits at his house for nights like last night. Bruce doesn't care about my scars or my past, he saw me for myself and learned how to love me. Ever since I've been with him I haven't had any nightmares of the Joker.

I climbed out of his silk covers the chilled air making goose bumps appear on my legs and arms. Bruce propped up on his elbows and looked at my bra-and-panty clad body. I rolled my eyes at him as went in the draw of his dresser that was mine pulling out some black slacks and a white button up blouse. I turned to Bruce, who had just sat there watching me. "If you don't hurry up I'll leave you here."

He smiled before getting up and coming over to where I was. The next I knew was that his strong arms were wrapped around my gently, sending waves of heat through my body. I tilted my face upwards to meet his soft lips before gently untangling myself from him. "Get dressed, I'm going to head over to open. You better be there soon." I gave him a serious look, squinting my eyes a little; receiving a laugh in reply.

I walked into my quaint little restaurant was made to look like a western saloon. I laughed a little seeing Bruce trying to balance a tray of hot pancakes, before slipping from kitchen to help him. I gave him a peck on the cheek before taking some of the pancakes off handing them to the homeless man in front of me. The man gave me a smile which I returned warmly.

I stood behind the counter watching everyone, with Bruce's arms around my waist and his head on my shoulder. "I really love how you care about others," Bruce said, his words mumbling into my neck.

"I was there once, Bruce; maybe not homeless, but I barely had enough to fed myself-what the hell." I was distracted from my sentence when news trucks pulled up in front the restaurant. I walked out with Bruce holding my hand and went up to the reporter. "Can I help you?" I asked the woman.

She turned a look of disgust on her face, until she noticed Bruce. "Mr. Wayne," she said smiling wide as the cameramen moved forward. "It's so nice to see the rich helping out the less fortunate, would you like to tell us more about this little project."

I scowled a little at the woman, and Bruce placed a hand on my shoulder gently. "Well my girlfriend, Miss. Pruitt started it so you'll have to ask her about it."

I crossed my arms. "I've been doing this for a year and a half ever Saturday, so don't act like you actually care. I feed these people because I care about them, and so do Bruce, and I don't appreciate you coming 'round here. Good day."

I stormed back into the building with Bruce who chuckled behind me. "That wasn't very nice Scar."

~Third P.O.V.~

The clown prince of crime, who had recently escaped Arkham, again, sat in his warehouse watching a little static T.V. He watched as sassy black haired beauty mouthed off to the reporter beside her. Licking his lips, the Joker marveled at her beautiful scar, that only compelled him more. The only thing he found wrong with the girl was the man at her side.

"The rich pretty boys think they can-ah have every pretty girl that comes across them; but, Brucy you're-ah not going to have this one. Scarlet Pruitt has-ah been mine since I saw that beautifully scarred face at the bank."
♠ ♠ ♠
So how did you guys like the twist with Bruce? I think there needed to be more drama when-well I can't tell you. What do y'all think is going to happen? The story's at the sixth chapter with 4,859 words, whoop! And I am now up to seven subscribers and four recs! I love you guys who take the time to read my blah stories. I would have had this out sooner but every time I sat down it was like "Sammi Johnny wants you to get in the hottub with him, because there's no adult to." And my personal favorite, "Sammi, come help me cook this shark meat up." It was actually really good. Well, goodnight everyone. ~Sammi