Status: Updating as much as possible

She's Glitter and Gold

Fourteen

"Look at all the lights," I say as I look around Times Square in awe. Even though it's nearing midnight, people are still bustling around, seemingly unaware of the hour. "I cannot wait to live here."
"It is a pretty great city," Jack agrees. I start walking again and he falls in step with me. "Not as good as Baltimore, but..."
I roll my eyes at him. All night he'd been subtly hinting that I should stay in Baltimore. "I'm only a few hours away. My mom wont miss me that much."
"Philly was closer, and how often did you see her?" he asks with a raised eyebrow.
I sigh and look in front of me instead of at him. "That was different," I grumble as I stuff my freezing hands into my pockets.
"Jim didn't let you?" he asks curiously.
I shake my head quickly. "No," I laugh a little. "He wanted to meet my mom."
"And you didn't want him to?" he guesses, and I can feel his eyes on my face, watching my every emotion.
I shrug my shoulders, causing my arm to brush against his. "I knew she wouldn't like him, I guess." We stay quiet the rest of the walk to the hotel, and once we're in our room he claims the shower and I change into pajamas.
I lay down on my bed and turn on the TV, but I keep the volume low so I can listen to the sound of Jack's singing trickle through the bathroom door. " I-I-I don't wanna say goodniiiiiight, the city comes aliiiiive when we're together, why can't Thursday last foreveeeeer?" I giggle at how off-tune he is, and am still laughing when he walks out of the bathroom, his wet hair flat against his face, with a towel wrapped around his waist. "Were you enjoying my serenading?" he asks with a smirk as he walks over to his bag.
"I seriously have no idea why Alex is lead singer," I tease as I try subtly checking him out. "You're obviously the one with all the talent."
"Yeah, we figured if I were up there playing guitar and singing we would be too perfect," he shrugs his shoulders and pulls a pair of boxers out of his bag. "Venues don't really like audiences masturbating during performances, so I let Alex sing."
I laugh and crawl under my blanket. "After my interview I have to go Christmas shopping," I say, more to myself than to him.
"What are you getting me?" he asks, then adds, "Close your eyes unless you wanna see your present early."
I roll my eyes, then close them as he gets dressed. "I'm going to get you... a purity ring."
I hear him laugh, and a small smile spreads across my lips. "And I'm gonna get you a picture of me, and a dildo."
"I'll keep the picture, but I'll pass the dildo along to your mom," I say as I pull my blanket up to my chin. "I think she'll use it more."
"I'll make sure it's a naked picture," he promises, before telling me he's decent.
I open my eyes and frown at the shirtless boy who's climbing into his bed. "I don't know if I could handle seeing your vagina this early in our friendship."
He lays on his side so he's facing me, and rolls his eyes. "I have the biggest dick on the East Coast, thank you very much."
"Whatever makes you feel better."
He frowns at my disbelief, and defensively says, "I've dated a Playboy Bunny. You gotta be pretty big to get with one of them."
My eyebrows shoot up, and I stare at him. "You did not."
His eyes widen and he nods his head quickly. "Yes I did!" he insists. "Holly Madison!"
I continue staring at him, not believing a word. "You dated Holly Madison. As in the chick Hugh Hefner dated?"
He sits up and nods his head vigorously. "Yeah, like, two years ago." I realize he's telling the truth, but still can't believe it, so I continue denying it until he jumps over to my bed and pulls out his phone and starts typing something in on Google. "See!" he says as he hands it to me.
I sit up and look at the search - Jack Barakat and Holly Madison - and my eyes get wide when I see a picture of him and the very... voluptuous girl in front of me. "Holy shit," I mumble as I slide my finger up on the phone, and look through the different headlines declaring their split.
"I told you," he says smugly.
I hand the phone back, and suddenly feel excruciatingly plain and, well, boob-less, compared to his ex. "You realize your dick's been in the same place as Hugh Hefner's, right?" I ask, pushing away the confusing, insecure feeling. I shouldn't feel like this.
He stares at me for a minute, then his eyes widen a little. "Ew, now I realize it!"
I laugh at the disgusted look on his face and rumple his damp hair. "Think about that before you brag."
He frowns at me and copies me by messing up my hair. "At least she was hot. I bet your ex had nothing on me."
I roll my eyes at his cockiness and, since he'd shown me Holly, I pull out my phone and scroll through my pictures. "He knew what a haircut was," I tease as I show him the only remaining picture I have of the blue-eyed brunette.
He studies him for a minute, a wrinkle creasing the area between his brows. He leans back and shrugs his shoulders. "I'm better in bed," he says confidently, winking at me.
"Keep dreaming," I scoff as I lay back down and poke his side with my foot.
He pushes my foot away and sits cross legged beside me. "Is he the only guy you've ever been with?" he asks curiously.
My cheeks burn at the question and I look away from him. "That's not really any of your business," I point out as I pick at the hem of my shirt.
"So only one guy," he confirms as he uncrosses his legs and lays down next to me. "Wow."
I stay quiet, too embarrassed to reply to him. I don't know why I can't stop blushing. So what if I'd only been with Jim? It's not like being with only one person was a bad thing.
We stay quiet for a while, and I figure he's probably thinking about how lame I am. Suddenly he breaks the silence by saying, "Damn, must be really tight."
I laugh and elbow him. "You're such a pervert."
He rolls onto his stomach and props himself up on his elbows. "So is that a yes to you being really tight?" he asks with a big grin.
"I'm going to bed," I inform him as I close my eyes and try my best to ignore the body that's slightly brushing against mine.
"But we're having a slumber party," he whines. I ignore him, and keep my eyes shut tight. "Rihanna?"
My eyes fly open when I sense how close his voice is to me, and I flinch when I realize his face is inches above mine. "Yes?" I ask with raised eyebrows.
"We kissed yesterday," he informs me.
I smile a little because I'd thought he'd forgotten about it or something. "We did?"
"Uh huh," he nods his head up and down, and his dark eyes lock with mine. "We should do that more often. It was a really great kiss."
I bite my lip and shake my head. "No, what we should really do is go to bed, since I have an interview in the morning."
"Or we could make out," he suggests.
"Or we could sleep."
"Together."
I laugh and push on his chest with my finger tips. "Go get in your bed."
"Only if we make out," he says stubbornly.
I roll my eyes and turn my back to him. "Suit yourself."
I close my eyes and hear him let out a defeated huff, then he lays down next to me, and I feel his back against mine. "Goodnight, jerk face," he says in a whine-y voice.
I smile and reach to turn off the light. "Goodnight."

JACK'S POV:

I wake up to an empty bed, and when I roll over I see Rihanna up and dressed, pulling stockings on, which meant her skirt is hiked up to her upper thigh.
I smile as I tiredly take in the sight. "Good morning," I mumble as I sit up and yawn.
She looks over at me, and pulls her skirt back down to right above her knees. "Do I look okay?" she asks as she steps into a pair of black heels.
I take that as a go-ahead to check her out, and I sort of wish I'd woken up before she'd put the black shirt and grey pencil skirt on. "You look like a sexy librarian," I say as I reluctantly look back up at her eyes.
Her eyebrows knit together. "Is that a good thing?" she asks as she turns to face the mirror and smooths out her hair that's pulled into a bun.
"Yup. Are they still serving breakfast?" I ask as I get out of the warm bed.
"I don't know. Are you sure I look okay?" she asks nervously, as she turns a little, taking in her appearance from all angles.
I smile and walk up behind her and slip my arms around her waist and rest my chin on her shoulder. Her reflection in the mirror gives me a surprised look, and I say, "You look gorgeous, and when you walk in all the doctors and nurses will wonder why the fuck a model is there."
Her cheeks turn pink, and she mumbles a "Shut up," before pulling away from my embrace. "I'm so nervous," she admits as she starts digging in her bag of makeup. "I mean, it's just a receptionist job, but what if I screw it up entirely or they find someone better or-"
"You're gonna do amazing," I interrupt her rambling. "Hell, they'll probably hire you on the spot."
She continues to go on about messing up, or them hating her, and I interrupt her occasionally to tell her she'll do fine.
I eventually get dressed and decide to walk her to the hospital. Once we're standing in front of it she's practically hyperventilating. "I can't do this," she says as she turns her back to the building. "I'm awful talking to people I don't know."
"Ri, breathe," I say as I place a hand on either of her shoulders. "You're gonna do great, I promise."
She doesn't look like she believes me, she just looks terrified, but she takes a deep breath and pulls me into a tight hug. "Thank you," she mumbles into my neck, and I can't ignore the butterflies that attack my stomach.
I hug her back tightly, then pull away. "Good luck," I say, and since it feels right, I kiss her briefly. "You're gonna do so good, they'll probably hire you as the fucking... hospital manager or whatever."
She laughs and her cheeks turn a little pink. "I'll text you when I'm done," she says before turning and walking towards the doors, her heels clicking against the pavement as she goes.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys seriously leave the best comments ever, and I reached 60 subscribers!!! Wooh! :3
Let me know what you think, I'm kind of on the fence with whether or not I like this chapter, and I'd love to know what you all think. It's like almost 5am, so it could be a complete disaster haha.