Status: Updating as much as possible

She's Glitter and Gold

Eighteen

JACK'S POV:

The past four days have been incredibly busy with preparations and meetings for the upcoming tour, so I have hardly seen Rihanna, and it's driving me nuts.
I can't stop thinking about her. Every single thought somehow leads to her. I want more than anything to leave the 'very important' meeting I'm not paying attention to, so I can go see her.
My thoughts are interrupted by my phone buzzing in my pocket.
I slowly pull it out, hoping Matt doesn't catch me, then unlock it.

Rihanna:
Hey dick. What time's the game tomorrow?

I smile and take a quick glance up at the room of guys who seem unaware of my existence, before replying.

Me:
Six. Should I pick you up or are you staying over? ;)

"Jack, stop texting your girlfriend and pay attention," Alex says loudly, so everyone's attention turns to me.
My face involuntarily turns pink and I mumble, "She's not my girlfriend."
"Sorry," Alex apologizes in the most unapologetic way possible. "Stop texting your fuck buddy and pay attention."
That comment makes me mad, even though I know it's just him joking. "Don't call her that," I say angrily.
Alex smirks, knowing he's pushed a button. "Someone's getting defensive, " he comments.
"Shut the fuck up," I spit out my very creative and original comeback.
"Can we stop fighting and focus?" Matt asks in a tired voice.
"I can," Alex says as he looks away from me. "Jack's too busy thinking about fucking his fuck buddy."
"Don't call her that!" I say a little louder this time.
"Why not?" he asks as he turns to face me again. "It's what she is."
"No she's not!" I yell, even though he's speaking at a normal level. "We haven't even slept together!"
"Oh, so she's a prude," he says in an obnoxiously understanding voice.
"You're a fucking dick, you know that?" I stand up and storm out of the room without another word.
"Jack!" I hear Matt calling after me, but I ignore him and leave the house with a slam of the front door.
Normally I would brush of Alex's comments, laugh at them even, but this was different... She was different.
I get in my car and start it, then pull out my phone to read Rihanna's reply.

Rihanna:
Someone's optimistic... I'll see you tomorrow. ;)

I frown and start driving before I reply.

Me:
I've had a shitty day and I haven't seen you in forever.. I think we should cuddle and/or have sex like right now. ;(

Rihanna:
Hmm... how about we swap the sex for ice cream and movies?

I grin and pull up into my driveway and walk to my front door as I reply.

Me:
Deal. Come over come over come overrrrrrr<3

Rihanna:
...did you just quote a Kenny Chesney song? I'll be there in five

I kick off my shoes and look around my house that has grown slightly messy in the past few days. I quickly tidy up, and make a point to make my bed, then spray myself with a little cologne and swish some mouth wash around in my mouth. Hey, you never know, right?
A few minutes later I hear her walk in the front door, and her familiar voice calls out, "Where art thou, Jackreo?"
I grin and take a deep breath before walking into the living room. "Hey," I say as I quickly look her up and down, taking in the dark blue jeans and grey sweater that show of her curves in a subtle way. I glance at the bag of clothes slung over her shoulders and smile up at her. "So you're staying the night?" I ask happily.
She rolls her eyes and sets the bag on the floor as she pulls of her shoes. "I don't think you'll give me much choice, so I came prepared."
I smile again and grab the bag. "I'll put this in my room," I say and after doing so, I find her in the kitchen pulling out the ice cream and two spoons.
I grab a six pack from the fridge and follow her into the living room. "So why was your day shitty?" she asks as she sits cross legged on the couch and opens the ice cream.
I shrug my shoulders and sit next to her and kick my feet up onto the coffee table. "Alex was just being a dick."
She nods once, then scoops a spoonful of ice cream and waves the spoon in front of my face. "Will ice cream make things better?"
I laugh and take the spoon from her and swallow the cookie dough. "Eh, I think seeing you naked would make me feel a lot better."
She rolls her eyes and smiles a little, then grabs the remote off the table and starts flipping through Netflix in search of a movie. "So how are tour preparations going?" she asks, not acknowledging my comment.
I tilt my head back, so it's hanging over the back of the couch, and let out a groan. "I just wanna get on the road already."
I see her smile out of the corner of my eye, and I'm suddenly aware of the three day gap between the last time we'd kissed. "Bonnie's going crazy, and she's convinced she's going to die from missing Alex so much."
I smirk and sit up straight again. "I think I'm gonna be the one who dies, if I have to put up with all of their mushy skype sessions all tour."
"I don't envy you that," she says with a wrinkle of her nose. "Pocahontas?" she asks as she gestures to the television.
"Sure." I take another spoonful of ice cream, and after eating it ask, "What about you? Are you gonna miss me?"
Her piercing blue eyes flicker from the screen to me, and I sort of regret asking such a lame question. "Of course," she says, and her cheeks redden a little. "I don't know how you're gonna survive without me," she smirks and positions her body so she's half sitting up, half laying against my arm.
"I'll get to have pizza and beer for every single meal," I say dreamily, and the mention of beer reminds me of the six pack next to me, and I pull out two cans and hand one to her.
"And you'll gain six hundred pounds and your appearance will be effective girl repellent." She cracks open her beer in unison with me, and takes a sip.
"I work out," I say with a small pout. I take a swig of my beer and throw an arm around her shoulders. "And who cares about my body when I have hair this great?"
She laughs softly and shakes her head. "The lady from the hospital called yesterday," she changes the subject, and I frown at the new topic. "I have a second interview Monday."
"That's great," I say, successfully masking my disappointment with enthusiasm. The thought of her all alone in the city bothers me. Especially because of how gorgeous she is, and God knows what types of guys would try to pick her up. "Am I allowed on this road trip?"
She tilts her head to look up at me, and smiles. "You don't have to, but if you want."
"I'd love to," I say definitely.
She raises both eyebrows and asks, "You don't mind spending New Years Eve with me?"
I roll my eyes at her uncertainty. "'Course not. It's New Years Eve in New York. Even someone as lame as you can't ruin that."
She gives me a dirty look and playfully smacks my chest. "Douche."
I grin and finally give into myself, and kiss her once. "If you move to New York-"
"When," she interrupts.
I ignore her correction and continue, "I'm gonna visit a bunch and beat up all the dudes who try getting with you."
She laughs and curls her legs up so her knees are resting on my thighs. "Who says I'm gonna let you visit?" she asks as she moves her torso to face me.
I smirk at her and try to act casual as I rest my hand on her thigh. "Fine, I won't visit. I'll let all the demons of New York have free access to murdering you."
She lowers her eyebrows, and mutters, "Dick,"
I grin and kiss her again, letting this one last longer before pulling away. "Sorry, my dick's so big, some of it makes it's way into my personality."
"See, I thought you were compensating for your lack of dick," she muses.
"Hmm, I guess you won't believe it till you see it." I run my hand further up her thigh and smile when she squirms slightly.
"I guess I'll just have to take your word for it," she replies with a teasing smile.
I narrow my eyes and, since she doesn't seem to mind, move my hand more to the inside of her thigh. Her eyes flicker down, then up to me. "I guess you will," I move my hand further up, and watch as her breathing becomes uneven, and her hand quickly rests on mine to stop it.
"We aren't paying any attention to the movie," she says a little breathlessly. "and the um," she breaks eye contact with me. "ice cream is melting."
I laugh at her sudden awkwardness, then I lean forward and brush some of her hair behind her ear before whispering, "I think I'd rather pay attention to you." I kiss the side of her jaw, and she quickly pulls away from me and grabs the ice cream off of the table.
"I'm gonna, um, put this away," she stammers out as she stands up quickly.
I watch her hurry out of the room, and laugh to myself.
When she comes back her cheeks are still rosy, and she avoids eye contact with me almost completely. When she sits back on the couch, she keeps a good five inches between us, and keeps her eyes locked on the movie. "When I was little I always wanted to be Pocahontas," she informs me, eyeing me as I inch closer to her. "When I was seven I spent an entire summer trying to get the tree in my backyard to talk to me."
"Why are you so nervous?" I ask with a small smile.
"I'm not nervous," she answers quickly. "Why would I be nervous?"
I grin, then lean back against the couch and focus on the TV. "I think she should have gone with the buff, warrior dude," I say before taking a drink of my beer. "He was way hotter."
"Should I be worried that you find a male cartoon character attractive?" she asks as she grabs her drink off the table and takes a long drink from it.
"Should I be worried that you talked to your tree for an entire summer?"
"Touche."
I finish my can and open another one, and put my arm around Rihanna's shoulders. "What I wanna know, is why are Pocahontas' legs so clean shaven? Unless there was a top secret waxing tepee, that doesn't seem possible."
She turns her head to give me an eye roll. "Jack, this movie has a talking tree in it."
"But still!" I argue. "Where the fuck did she get legs that smooth?! No wonder the dudes all wanted to bang her!"
She laughs, then rests her head on my shoulder. "You're a moron."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I haven't read through this, or edited it, or anything. I just wanted to get this up before I go to work.
I might have another chapter up tonight, or tomorrow, because I'm really excited about what happens next. >:)
Thanks for all the amazing comments, keep 'em coming. ;)