Can't Escape This

Chapter Three: Two Loves

Jasper stared at the woman standing in the doorway. “Charlotte?” Jasper whispered, confusion in his voice. “I thought you had died?”

Charlotte looked past Alice and Emmett and looked into her husband’s eyes. She walked past the two in the doorway and rushed into Jasper’s arms. “I thought the same about you. Then I heard from an old friend that they had saw you. I had to find out if it was true. I had to find you,” she said, kissing his cheeks before turning to kiss his lips.

When her lips had come within an inch of Jasper’s, Alice intervened, pulling the female vampire away from him. “Anyone want to fill me in?” she asked, her eyes darkened from anger.

Jasper looked away from Charlotte to look at Alice. “Charlotte and I were married when I was human.”

“We’re technically still married since it’s till death do us part. Neither of us are dead.”

Alice stepped forward. “Actually, your undead. You’re body has died,” she explained. When Charlotte reached out to brush her hands over Jasper’s hair, Alice snapped. “Can you kindly keep your hands off of my husband?”

“Husband?” Charlotte asked, turning to Alice. “I think your mistaken, dear. Jasper and I have been married since before he was a vampire. That means he’s my husband. Besides, if he had known I was alive, he would have waited around for me instead of finding someone who pales in comparison to me.”

Before Alice could lunge at the other woman, Edward had rushed into the room and grabbed Alice. “Jasper, care to calm them both down?” he asked, holding Alice so she can’t escape.

Jasper nodded, and let a calm settle over the room. Alice knew the feeling and tried to fight it, but she couldn’t. Charlotte hadn’t tried to fight the calm at all. She was unaware of Jasper’s talent.

Charlotte walked over to Jasper, ignoring Alice once again. “I’ve missed you, my love. It’s been too long.” She leaned in to brush her lips over his, causing Alice to snarl and breaking the calm that Jasper had set over her.

Alice pulled from Edward’s grip before he could read her thoughts and stop her. She had Charlotte against the wall, ready to rip her head off before Emmett grabbed her and dragged her off.

“You might want to find a way to keep your first wife off of you before your second wife kills her,” Emmett said, keeping his grip on Alice tight.

Edward frowned at Alice. “You know she’s lost it already when she doesn’t see us stopping her.”

Jasper looked at Alice and Charlotte, unsure of what to do. He loved Alice. He knew that with his whole being, but Charlotte was his first love. Part of him still loved her and was grateful that they would get a chance to continue the love that had ended so soon after it had begun.

Edward looked at his adopted brother. “You should have fun figuring out this issue,” he said, looking at Emmett. “Let’s try to get her to calm down before we let her go.”

Emmett nodded and followed Edward out of the house with Alice in tow.

When they had left, Charlotte looked at Jasper. “Why would you get involved with someone like that? She tried to kill me,” she said, glaring at her husband.

“I’m sorry that Alice attacked you, but you knew she and I are married. You would have done the same thing if you watched her rub up on me and kiss me.”

Charlotte frowned as she realized Jasper was right. “Alright. Fine, that’s true. Still, I don’t like being attacked when I’m just trying to kiss my husband. I thought you had died.”

Jasper looked away from her. “Alice and I are married now. I love her more than I ever thought possible.”

Ignoring the talk of Alice, Charlotte touched his hand. “How’d you get so many scars?” she whispered, watching him.

“I got them during the vampire wars,” he said, removing his hand from hers. “Why are you here, Charlotte? You should have known I would have thought you were dead.”

“I’m here because I wanted to be with my husband. I didn’t expect you to replace me with some small vampire with an anger management problem.”

Jasper felt anger come up at the insult to Alice. She was his, and no one, not even his former love, was allowed to insult her. “Do not make rude comments about my wife,” he warned, his eyes darkening.

Charlotte looked at Jasper, hurt clear in her eyes. “You love her more than me, don’t you?”

Jasper’s anger faded as he saw the hurt. “I love her more than I can describe. She gave me hope when I lost mine, showed me love when I started to believe it was a myth. She’s my everything,” he said, smiling a little.

Charlotte shook her head. “So thats it? You want to be with her? I don’t even have a chance to win you back?”

Jasper looked at Charlotte. “Part of me still loves you. I don’t know if its because of our past or just that I never had a chance to truly love you.”

“I’ll win your heart again, Jasper. I promise you I will have you back.”

Jasper watched Charlotte for a long time. “There’s no point in trying.”

He could see by the look in her eyes that she wasn’t going to listen. She was stubborn and had set her mind on getting him to love her. She wouldn’t let it go unless she tried everything she could.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and/or subscribe. Comments are much appreciated because they tell me what I need to work on or what the reader wants.