Status: hope ya like it! :) more comments=faster updates

The Calm

Chapter 1- My Understandings

Austin's POV

I sat in my home, the fireplace going. I was sitting in my favorite armchair, thinking. Lately, I had been really depressed and saw no reason to live. I started feeling like this 2 months ago, when I found out my ex-wife was cheating on me. It hurt to know this, and we ended up getting a divorce. I had loved her so much, I couldn't believe she would do such a thing. I hadn't been happy ever since then, and I thought I could never be happy. I had been thinking about suicide a lot, it felt like the only way out.

I stood up. "The only way you'll ever be truly happy, is if you end it all." I muttered. And that's what I planned to do. These demons inside me had finally taken over and one. "I hope your fucking happy!" I shouted at them. I grabbed my jacket and slipped it on. I left my house and walked over to a nearby bridge. I looked over it, seeing how deep it was. It was pretty deep.

I let out a sigh. I was really going to do it. I just couldn't take it anymore. Gielle, my ex wife, had hurt me very bad though. And of course I had other issues, I just couldn't do it anymore. I climbed on top of the fence that helped pedestrians from not falling, closed my eyes, and jumped.

Alan's POV

I was by the 'suicide bridge', the bridge where a lot of people came to take there lives. I lived by there, and sometimes I would talk people out of it.

I saw a tall, skinny man stand up on the fence. He closed his eyes, signalling he was about to jump. I ran over, not wanting him to end his life.

"Stop!" I shouted. He ignored me, and jumped. I grabbed his legs, so he was dangling over the ledge. I started pulling him up. I could hear him muttering something. Finally, with great strength, I yanked him up. He looked at me, confused.

"Why didn't you let me die?" He asked. Tears started filling his eyes. "I just want to die." He ran over to the ledge and started climbing over it, but I quickly grabbed his waist and pulled him close to me.

"No you don't." I said calmly to the man. I spun him around, and held him by his shoulders. He wasn't that bad looking, he had brown hair with bangs that fell into his eyes. His eyes were brown, and you could tell just by looking into them he was depressed and broken. He also had tattoos on his neck. "Whats your name?" I asked.

"A-Austin. Austin Carlile."

Austin's POV

"Whats your name?" The boy asked me.

"A-Austin. Austin Carlile." I answered. Why had he saved me? Why didn't he just let me die? It's what would have been best. "Whats your name?"

"I'm Alan." He replied. Alan was a ginger, he had orange hair, warm brown eyes, and was short and skinny. "What made you want to take your life?"

"Just... Just some problems." I said, breaking our eye contact and looking down. I looked back at him. "Why'd you save me?"

"Why wouldn't I save you?" Alan replied. "I've talked a few people out of it before. I like helping people."

"Well uh, thanks." I said. I started leaving, but Alan stopped me.

"Wait! Austin!" I turned around. "Promise me you won't kill yourself? Please?"

"I... I promise." Why was I promising a complete stranger I wouldn't kill myself? I'd probably never see him again. I shrugged and headed back to my house, sitting in my favorite armchair and turned the TV on.

I started getting hungry, and decided to order a pizza. I haven't had a home cooked meal since the day I caught Gielle kissing another guy. I checked my front pockets, but were shocked to find they were both empty. I checked the back, and saw they were empty too. Shit, my wallet was in my pockets too!

I got up and pulled my jacket back on and walked back over to the bridge. No one was here, it could've been so easy to jump and to end it all now. Not just my life, but the pain and suffering too.

"Don't do it, Austin."

"God damn it, now I have a voice in my head telling me not to do it." I groaned.

"No Austin, turn around." I did as the voice said, and I was shocked to see Alan standing there. I blushed, feeling stupid.

"Oh, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"That's not important." Alan quickly said. "Whats more important, is why your here."

"I'm not here to kill myself." I said. "I can't find my wallet or phone."

"Oh, well I found this wallet." Alan said, handing me a wallet. I started looking through it and saw it was mine. I slipped it in my pocket.

"Thanks, I guess I can just buy a new phone." I said. "But why are you here?" I was curious, and I really wanted to know.

"It's not important." I looked into Alan's eyes and saw he was hiding something, but I decided to quit questioning him about it.

"Uh, want to order a pizza?" I asked. "You gave my wallet back, so its the least I could do."

"Eh, I had pizza the other day." Alan said. "What I'm really craving right now are burgers."

I smiled. "That actually sounds really good right now.I would cook some for you, but I don't know how to cook."

"Do you have a kitchen?" Alan asked. I nodded. He smiled. "I'll make us some."

"Oh you don't have to-"

"I want to though." Alan said, knowing what I was going to say. I smiled, and we headed to my house.

Alan's POV

I had just cooked the burgers. Austin's fridge was full of food, but he said he never ate any of it because he didn't know how to cook.

"Dig in." I said, setting the plate of burgers on the table. Austin smiled and picked one up, taking a big bite out of it.

"Alan! This is delicious!" He exclaimed with his mouth full of food. I laughed and picked one up and began eating. Austin was really cute, and such a sweetheart. I was starting to think I was developing a crush on him.

I pushed the thought away. 'You have enough problems now, getting involved in a hopeless school girl crush isn't going to solve anything. Being gay is bad enough, you don't want your heart broken even more.'

"You okay, Alan?" Austin asked, his once cold emotionless eyes now full of life.

"I'm fine." I lied, and finished eating my burger.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay guys, first chapter! :) hope ya like it!
comments please? c: