Status: hope ya like it! :) more comments=faster updates

The Calm

Chapter 13- Currents Convulsive

Austin's POV

It was a month later, and everything was perfect. Alan and I were doing great, and the twins were doing great too. I thought this would be our happy ending, but happy endings only exist in fairy tales. There was always something to fuck everything up.

It was Wednesday, I had the day off and was watching the twins. Alan wasn't here, he was at a job interview. I was on the couch bouncing Oliver on my lap while Tayuh slept next to me. There was a knock on the door. I bounced Oliver one last time, and then picked him up and walked over to the door. I opened the door, and was surprised to see my ex-wife Gielle.

"Austin, I want my kids." She demanded before I could even say anything.

"No!" I exclaimed. "You signed a paper saying I get full custody. You're not just going to march in here and think you can take my kids."

"Their my kids too."

I gave Gielle a dirty look. "To bad you fucking abandoned them. Fuck off, their my kids." Before she could say anything else I slammed the door. Frustrated, I walked back to the couch and plopped down. Oliver was staring at me, confused. I kissed his nose.

"Don't worry sweetie, daddy won't ever let her take you or Tayuh away from me." I smiled, causing him to giggle. Gielle couldn't ever take the twins away from me. I had legal documents stating she couldn't. And besides, she obviously wasn't fit to be a mother.

I sighed, still a bit annoyed. Oliver yawned and leaned his head against my shoulder. I smiled and stood up. I picked Tayuh up and walked both of them to the nursery. I put them in their crib and kissed them on the head. I grabbed the baby monitors from the shelf and flipped them on. I set one in the crib and took the other one with me to the living room. I sat down on the couch and started flipping through the TV channels. I finally found something and watched it. I started getting sleepy, and before I knew it I was fast asleep.

Alan's POV

"Thank you Mr. Ashby, we'll call you to tell if you got the job."

I smiled and stood up and shook my soon to be boss's hand. I turned and left the room, my spirits filled with hope. I pulled my phone out and saw it was twelve o'clock. I left and got in Austin's car and drove home.

When I got there, I unlocked the door and saw Austin was slumping on the couch. His eyes quickly flashed away from the TV to see who had entered the door and filled with joy when he saw it was me.

"Hey babe! Did you get the job?" He asked, standing up and greeting me with a quick peck on the lips.

"I'll find out soon, but I'm pretty sure I will." I smiled. "Grab Tayuh and Oliver, we're going out to lunch. I'll pay."

"Alan, you don't have to do that!" Austin exclaimed.

"I want to."

He smiled before leaving the living room. He came back, and I took Oliver and held him up. I kissed his nose and he giggled. I leaned over and kissed Tayuh on the head as well. Austin grabbed the diaper bag and followed me out of the house and to the car.

"Alan, are you sure about this?" Austin asked. "We haven't been out in ages! Are Tayuh and Oliver ready for this? What if they cry and cause a big scene?"

I finished strapping Tayuh in her car seat and started to strap Oliver in his. "Austin we'll be fine. Why are you so nervous?"

Once I finished putting both of the kid's in their car seats I closed the back door and climbed in the drivers seat, Austin buckling his seat belt in the passenger's seat.

"Well, it's just... Gielle showed up today." Austin confessed. "She wants the kids."

"No." I said. "They're ours. If she couldn't be a mother then, she sure as hell can't be one now. If she so much as glances at the twins I'll destroy her."

Austin smiled and kissed me on the cheek. "I love you."

I couldn't help but gush, he was so adorable! "I love you more!" I reversed the car and started driving to Chili's.

***

Later that night, Austin and I were cuddling on the couch watching TV. I was in such a good mood, and I didn't know why. I started kissing Austin's neck, making sure they left hickeys. A small moan escaped Austin's mouth, turning me on. I was about to start working on his chest until there was a knock on the door. I sighed and forced myself off of Austin and made my way to the door. I answered it, and wasn't surprised to see Gielle.

"I want to talk to Austin." She demanded.

"Too bad, you're not getting the kid's." I said bluntly.

She gave me a dirty look. "Just tell Austin that if I don't at least get custody, he better watch out." She turned, her blonde hair hitting me in the face and disappeared into the dark night.

I rolled my eyes and returned back to the couch. I started pulling Austin's shirt off but he stopped me. "Who was that?" He asked.

"Uh... just... some guy trying to sell insurance." I lied, not wanting Austin to get worried. Besides, what could Gielle do?

***The Next Day***

Alan's POV

I woke up on the couch, my back aching. Austin was cuddled up next to me. As much as I wanted to stay, I had to check on the twin's. Not wanting to wake Austin, I carefully stood up and made my way to the nursery. I was glad to see the twins were still sleeping, safe and sound. I gave each of them a kiss on the cheek and left the nursery. I looked out the window and saw how nice it was. I decided to take a walk. I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my phone and left. I walked around in the familiar forests for a while until I got to the bridge. I leaned against it, remembering how many lives I had saved, including Austin's. But I wasn't able to save Maddie's.

I was about to leave, when I felt a blow to the side. I fell, feeling ready to puke. I rolled over on my back and saw a group of guys ganging up on me. They started kicking and punching me. I tried fighting back, but it was impossible.

"Help!" I shouted.

One of the men tackled me and I felt him cut me deeply in the arm. "Say another word pretty boy and I'll cut even deeper."

I nodded, wanting to cry. Finally, a final kick to my stomach knocked me unconscious.
♠ ♠ ♠
cliff hanger, whoops c;
comments please? more comments mean quicker and faster updates! :)
thanks for reading<3