Status: I'll update as fast as I can

Zone: Apocalypse

One Step Closer

June 4th, 2012
I saw some kind of snake going through the hatch to the torture chamber, and Billy says it's a boa constrictor. Juliet also found Jimmy's coat covered in blood, laying on her bed this morning. -Edwin

''EDWIN! BILLY!'' I heard a scream from outside. I put on Billy's Billy Talent shirt, a black shirt with their logo on and the birds on the cover from their album 'Billy Talent III', and ran outside. I bumped into Juliet, who looked rather terrified. ''Edwin! I... I found this next to me when I woke up,'' she said with tears in her eyes and held up Jimmy's now bloodstained, white and golden coat. I didn't know what to say, so I just mumbled ''shit''. Juliet hugged me tight, hiding her face in my chest. ''Shhh, it's okay,'' I tried to comfort her as she sniffled, whispering she was afraid Jimmy was seriously injured. ''Juliet, he's alive, and that's better than nothing, right? So calm down,'' I then said. ''It's my fault,'' she whispered and looked me in the eyes.
''Don't blame yourself,'' Billy said and walked to us. She then pulled away from me and wiped away a tear from her cheek. ''I mean it, Billy. It IS my fault. I...I told Zephyr. I don't know why the hell I did it, but I told Zephyr that Jimmy had a gun hidden under our bed,'' Juliet sobbed. I looked over at Billy, who looked angry. ''That was a secret!'' He yelled, causing Juliet to cry more. ''Billy, calm down,'' I sighed. I was pretty pissed myself, but I knew Juliet regret telling Zephyr, so I kept the anger for myself. ''At least you have to know why the fuck you told ZEPHYR?'' Billy asked Juliet. ''It could be because I hoped he would get less punishment than if Zephyr found the gun himself. You know he sometimes inspects our rooms, right?'' Juliet shrugged.

I knew Billy was still pissed about it, but he told Juliet it was fine. She had a point, and I know none of us would've thought he would get punished like this. ''Well, the jacket needs to be cleaned. Take it with you to the cafeteria, and we'll ask Zephyr or one of the minions if they know where we can wash it,'' I said and picked up Jimmy's jacket, which had fallen to the floor while we were discussing. I gave it to Juliet and walked to the cafeteria.

Tyrian told us we could take the coat to a room hidden behind the library. This meant we had to walk downstairs and past the library, gaming room, exercising room and the rest of the bedrooms only to find Alessa so she could clean Jimmy's coat. I had nothing else to do today, so why not? I walked downstairs together with Juliet and Billy, where I saw a snake on the floor. ''Ew, what's that doing here?'' Juliet said, grossed out. The snake headed towards the hatch leading to the torture chamber. ''What if it bites us? I don't wanna die!'' she shrieked. ''Relax. It looks like a boa constrictor, so the worst thing it can do is strangle you,'' Billy calmly told Juliet. He wasn't an expert when it came to snake species, but he used to have a boa constrictor as a pet, so he could easily recognize them. ''How can you be so c-'' Juliet started, but soon noticed that the snake had somehow opened the hatch, and was now on it's way down to the torture chamber. ''JIMMY'S IN THERE!'' She yelled, tears running down her cheeks. ''There's nothing we can do,'' I simply replied and dragged her past the hatch and to the room where Alessa was.

''What if it strangled Jimmy?'' Juliet asked once again. ''It won't. I have the feeling Zephyr wouldn't let it do that. So try to relax, I'm sure Jimmy's fine,'' I said, but I knew that I couldn't promise anything. Zephyr's a liar and a sadistic bastard, so who knows if he would kill Jimmy or not? I don't know if I should trust Cyrus, cause after all, he's Zephyr's minion. I know very well that a lot of people make you trust them so they can get you to say things you don't want to share with the whole world. They use you just to know your secrets. I can't know if Cyrus is like that, so what he promised could be nothing but white lies. Hell, I didn't even know if Jimmy really was alive! I still hoped so. I hoped that Cyrus told us the truth, and that he really wanted to help. I know I promised Juliet he was alive. I believed so myself, it was just the other part I couldn't make myself believe. No, I'm not changing my mind. Believe and trust are two very different things; I believed Jimmy was alive, but I didn't trust Cyrus.
''Can you promise?'' Juliet asked. I gulped and bit my lip before saying, ''yeah. I promise.''
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY for not updating in a while. There's just a lot that have happened lately... Yesterday(25.03.13) was Edwin's 18th birthday! I was supposed to finish this chapter then, but I got a headache and had to help someone. Again, sorry.
I'll be going to my cabin tomorrow or thursday, so I won't be able to update for the rest of the week, but I'll try to finish a chapter or two till I come back.
Also, I made a Edwin-plushie:
http://frerardlove987.deviantart.com/art/Edwin-Jones-361671608