Status: I'll update as fast as I can

Zone: Apocalypse

The Escape

June 11th, 2012
Tyrian noticed me walking around the halls, but I somehow managed to get away with it. Lewis has found out about my plan, but he's willing to help. I don't like the way he's supposed to do it, but it's the only thing that can make this work. Lewis would distract Tyrian any minute now, giving us time to run out and away from this place. -Edwin

The halls were dark as always. I walked slowly so I wouldn't make a sound. Just as I was by the cafeteria, I heard someone behind me. ''Edwin?'' I recognized the voice. Tyrian. ''Y...Yes?'' I whispered and turned to him, too scared to look into his shining eyes. ''What are you doing here this late?'' Tyrian sounded angry. ''I just... had to go to the toilet,'' I bit my lip as I said it. Tyrian sighed and opened the door to the bathroom, which were right next to the cafeteria, for me. I quickly got inside and waited for about a minute before walking back out. ''Now get back to bed,'' Tyrian told me and watched as I walked back to my room. ''Everything okay?'' Billy whispered and looked at me. I nodded and whispered back, ''got busted, so we'll have to find another way.''
The next morning, Lewis told me about his plan. He somehow knew about ours, and had made his own, to make sure we would manage to escape.

''We go to bed at 10, and some minutes after that I'll 'accidentally' hurt myself so Tyrian has to help me. You can carefully watch from your door so you know when it's safe to run. You knock once on every door to those you'll escape with, and that'll be the signal that they have to hurry and get out,'' Lewis said. I nodded and smiled widely, happy that he would help. ''But, what are you gonna do so that Tyrian will have to help you?'' as soon as those words had escaped my lips, Lewis picked up a razor blade. I felt worried, I didn't really want to know why he had a razor blade, but I still asked him why. He chuckled and replied, ''it was in my brother's pants. I often use them, but it seems he forgot to take this out. No, he doesn't self harm, but he's older than me and well... he got to shave.'' I was reliefed, so tired of people self-harming. Seemed like everyone did so, even though I knew just two of my friends had been through that. ''I don't want you to hurt yourself just so we can escape,'' I sighed. I loved how selfless he was, but he was so stupid at the same time. ''Sh, it's just once. Anyway, it's better than being killed, like Dylan, or tortured like Jimmy,'' Lewis assured me, and I had to agree.

I didn't want Lewis to do this at all, but he didn't give me any choice. He practically forced me to let him do this. Billy was willing to do this instead of Lewis, but if that had been the case, he wouldn't get away. We couldn't really bring much, but if the plan worked, we would get everything back anyway. There was still one thing I wanted to bring with me - my diary. Billy told me I shouldn't, in case I lost it on our way out. I was still going to bring it, and there was nothing he could do about it.

The darkness came creeping, and the clock ticked slowly towards 10 p.m. I wrote in my diary and put the pen in my pocket. I was sitting on the bed with my legs crossed. ''Nothing yet?'' I asked for the thousandth time, only for Billy to once again shake his head. I let out a sigh and lied down in the bed. Usually, I would read a book or something, but I couldn't this time. ''Maybe you'll be in the middle of some special scene when we have to go,'' Billy had told me. He was right, I could never put a book down if something exciting happened. I had once ignored a fire alarm because of it, so this wouldn't be any different. ''Tyrian came around the corner and.... now's he's rushed to Lewis' door and hurried inside... go!'' Billy said and ran out. I ran after him as fast as I could, and just as planned, we knocked on the three doors leading to our friends' rooms. When we had ran down to the entrance of the hospital, we stopped for a few seconds to make sure everyone was there. Billy, Lucas, Horizon, Robyn, Blaize, Jonah and Jessie. Great, I thought and smiled widely. The lock that was usually hanging on the doorhandles was now gone. Blaize told me they took it off every evening after we went to bed, which could explain why Tyrian walked around on the second floor to make sure nobody got out of their rooms. I heard the clicking of heels, and we all hurried out. I knew what the sound was - Alessa's high heeled boots.

Luckily, Clearedge wasn't that far from Greentown, so it didn't take us more than a few minutes to get there. ''We... We did it!'' Jonah cheered, grinning. I nodded and looked around in the dark, silent city we were now in. It was unusually silent here. One of the neon signs in a window nearby, which read out ''Pizzaza'' in bright purple lights, was the only source of light we could see now, but it was enough.

''Where are we heading?'' Blaize asked. ''Well, the closest from here is my house,'' I replied, panting. Suddenly, we heard a growl, which sounded like it could come from a wild cat.
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUN