Status: I'll update as fast as I can

Zone: Apocalypse

The Sacrifice

By the exit of the mental hospital stood all my friends from Zone 14. Zephyr wasn't anywhere to be seen, not until the exact time he had told me to meet him. He seemed to have appeared out of nowhere the same second as the clock turned eight. I asked him why my friends were here, as none of them knew anything more than I did. ''They're gonna watch you drown, of course,'' Zephyr happily said and unlocked the giant padlock attached to the door. It had been there before, but the days after I'd seen the silhouette the padlock had disappeared and the door had instead been guarded by the minions. As he opened the door, he added, ''don't even try running away. If you do, you'll explode. I got some microchips installed in your left legs, and if you disobey it'll cause an explosion strong enough to kill you, but only after about... some minutes of pain.''

Unlike the time we went to the beach, we had to walk there this time. We walked past abandoned houses, blinking lights and broken cars to get through this wasteland we had called our home. ''It didn't look like this yesterday.. now it just looks a lot like the places in post-apocalypse worlds,'' I muttered. Zephyr chuckled and said, ''I told you that a lot of weird things are happening.''

Since I was the one going to be executed I had to walk right next to Zephyr while the others walked right behind us. When we reached Roseshade, Zephyr told us to go out on the layer of ice that covered the water. He said we didn't need to worry, the ice was strong enough to bear all of us without breaking. We did as he said, and as soon as we were all gathered on the ice, he made a hole big enough for a person to fall through. ''Since I'm a good guy I'll let you have some last words with Edwin,'' Zephyr announced. Once Zephyr finished his sentence, Blaize stormed up to him with a confident look on his face. ''Edwin didn't do it,'' he told Zephyr. Billy, Lucas, Robyn, Horizon and I looked at Blaize, mouths wide open in shock. He then uttered something completely unexpected. Something that made us wonder if it was indeed Blaize, the daredevil that never really cared about anyone so much he would take the blame, speaking.

''I did it.''

Zephyr glanced at him for a few seconds before he started laughing. ''Who would guess that? The tough-looking, nonchalant punk softens up to save his friend. It's almost cute. I'm not that stupid, you know? I know it was Edwin! I know he talked to Billy about it, tried to borrow Jimmy's gun and got help from Lewis so you could escape. But this wouldn't be fun if I'd stopped you right away. The rules says I can't punish anyone if they haven't taken action.''

He knew? But how? Before I could do anything, Zephyr pushed me away and dragged Blaize closer to the hole in the ice. Blaize still looked as confident as before. ''I suppose you'd feel better getting rid of me? It's okay, but can I at least say farewell to my friends?'' Blaize asked. He was like another person, the complete opposite of the Blaize I knew. Zephyr nodded and let Blaize hug each one of us, telling us one thing each. I couldn't hear what he told Robyn, Billy or Lucas, but I heard he told Horizon she was way stronger than she herself believed, and he told me that he was sorry for basically bullying me.

After saying goodbye, Blaize calmly walked back to Zephyr. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before Zephyr, without hesitating, pushed him into the water. None of us dared to go closer to see him. Zephyr snapped us back to the hospital after he'd confirmed Blaize's death; at least that's what the huge grin on his face after he looked down in the water told me.
______________
June 17th, 2012
I'd never expected this. Blaize sacrificed himself for me. Not that Zephyr minded, of course, he got to murder someone. I still want to find out how Zephyr knew about our plan. And, preferably, the rules. I've still not gotten any information on what's allowed and what's forbidden. -Edwin
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for not updating! I had to get my computer fixed and after 3-4 weeks we asked why it wasn't back yet, and it turned out those working on it had wrecked it. This meant I got a new one. School also started and I had a shitload of homework to do, so I didn't have time to update. Also, I was at some camp for a week without my computer and cell phone.