Status: I'll update as fast as I can

Zone: Apocalypse

Cyrus

''We've looked everywhere, but it isn't a damn ghost around here!'' yelled Zephyr. ''You know false alarms are against the rules.''
I shook my head. ''I swear I saw it. I don't even know the rules, cause I was absent when you told everyone. Zephyr told me it was still against the rules and that I had to get punished for it. ''You know where you're going?'' asked Zephyr and stood up. He grabbed my arm and dragged me up, which was incredibly painful. ''N-no, where?'' I asked with my eyes shut. ''You'll see,'' he replied and dragged me out of his office and downstairs. He opened the hatch to the torture chamber and walked down. ''No.. please, don't kill me!'' I half sobbed, half yelled. Zephyr just laughed in reply and threw me on the hard stone floor. He used a pair of handcuffs in a chain, attached to the wall, to keep me there.

''Unfortunately, I can't be here. We're going out today. Cyrus can stay here with you to make sure you don't die of hunger or dehydration or whatever. I want to keep you alive a little longer,'' Zephyr said. He then snapped his fingers, and a few seconds later, a snake slithered down the hatch and to us. The snake then transformed to a human, which seemed incredibly painful from the sight and sounds he made. ''Great. Now, you take care of him,'' said Zephyr to the boy who had been a snake just a few seconds earlier. The boy nodded, and Zephyr left the chamber, shutting the hatch.

The boy who had just been a snake adjusted his black, red and gold-striped tie, brushed some dust from his navy blue uniform jacket and fixed his snake bite piercings. ''That looked painful,'' I muttered as the boy sat down in front of me. ''Oh, it is. But I'm so used to it I barely notice,'' he said, his mouth smiling but his eyes ready to cry. ''Where are they going?'' I asked him. ''Uh, I'm not quite sure. I think they're going to the city,'' he shrugged. After what felt like hours of awkward silence, I said, ''Cyrus, what's he doing to you?''

Cyrus shied before looking at me with an expression of doubt and confusion. ''Zephyr? He does nothing. He's.. He's nice, why do you ask?'' he stuttered. ''He's always letting you do the dirty work, and it certainly seems like you're scared of him,'' I said. I was also scared of Zephyr, but I could not understand how one of his minions, who was in no risk of being murdered by him, could be, too. ''Oh...'' muttered Cyrus and looked nervously around the room, seeming to look after something in and around the ceiling. ''That's not because of him. Don't think about it, alright?'' Cyrus said and focused on me again. I asked him the same question yet again, and he sighed.

''He just doesn't like me because I'm different than the others. I'm the youngest of us and the only one under the age of 20, so that makes me a kid compared to them. I'm also the only of us that doesn't want to see you guys tortured, killed and frightened. That's all,'' he crossed his arms and looked to the side as he said it. I couldn't bring myself to believe it, but seeing how bothered he was by having to answer, I decided to change the subject. ''Why are you wearing that uniform all the time? It's... 50's school uniform, isn't it?'' I asked and pointed to his uniform. Cyrus nodded. ''It is. Well, I used to go to school there, and this is what I was wearing when I was abducted, so I don't have anything else,'' he explained.

I understood what he meant by abducted; he was a test subject at 86 Laboratories. The innocent subjects were the main event on Meepa when I was 9, in 2004. All the mutants had either been killed or released from Clearedge because they had to shut it down. There were only two mutants that was, at the time, known to everyone. One was a creature they called Jack Killer, a murderous 16-year old with a chalk white face, a ripped up, bloody mouth and nightvision eyes. He was the last one to be killed at Clearedge, at least until we got here. The other was the famous Slenderman, a 24-year old man who'd gotten his face burnt up, his limbs extended a lot and a pearl white skin color. He'd survived and took up residence in Slender Forest.

I'd heard earlier that Cyrus is 18, and couldn't help but ask, ''were you really ten years old at the time you were abducted?'' ''No, I was 18. But you see, we stop aging and growing when we're mutated on. So I should be 26 this year,'' explained Cyrus.

We ended up talking for hours, until we heard the others coming home. ''Oh no... I-I'm so sorry, Edwin.. but I have to h-hurt you just so Zephyr won't kill me. I'll help you later, I promise. If I do it now, he'll be nicer to you tomorrow, too,'' Cyrus stuttered. ''It's alright,'' I assured him and smiled. He picked up a large knife with old bloodstains covering most of the blade. He quickly washed the blood off of it while muttering something about Zephyr not cleaning his tools and Samuel. ''He used that on Sammy?'' I asked, and Cyrus nodded. ''It was horrible. The poor boy got his fingers and toes cut off one by one. He was also cut everywhere; stomach, legs, arms... yeah, even the cheeks. And I had to put salt in all of those wounds,'' he said while cleaning the blade. ''Now, I'll have to cut your legs a little bit. I'll be careful, I promise,'' said Cyrus and placed the blade on my left leg.
_____________
20th of June, 2012
Edwin's gone. He was talking to Zephyr in his office, and then... gone. Zephyr has not yet told me where he is, only that I should stop thinking about it. I really hope he's okay... I even got him something, kind of. I hope he'll be able to see it soon. I love you, Edwin. -Billy