Status: I'll update as fast as I can

Zone: Apocalypse

Worthless

I woke up with the taste of blood in my mouth. My wrists were handcuffed to the cold stone wall, and all my clothes except for my boxers had been removed, so that it would be easier to torture me. My legs, stained with my own blood, were shaking from the pain and coldness. I coughed and spit out some blood before I opened my eyes and looked at the person standing in front of me, polishing the objects on the metal cart by the wall. ''Good morning, Edwin. Slept well?'' Zephyr turned to me, still polishing a huge butcher's knife with a handkerchief. I shook my head and coughed out more blood, to which Zephyr laughed. ''I hoped so. Now, I hope you're ready,'' he chuckled and put the handkerchief down on the metal cart and walked to me.

He placed the sharp blade right above my right hipbone and pressed it down, just enough to pierce my skin. I shut my eyes tightly and felt the cold knife being dragged across my stomach. Slowly. I let out a weak scream, muffled by the blood in my throat. ''Sounds like it's too much blood. That's weird. Didn't you like your new diet consisting entirely of your own blood?'' Zephyr laughed. I'd never understood how sick he could be. That'll say, until he gathered up the blood I shed so I could be forced to drink it.

After he had tortured me for what felt like an eternity, he snapped his fingers and made all my wounds fade. All of them were completely gone, but the pain was still there. ''Please, just let me go,'' I begged, tears running down my face. Zephyr looked thoughtful for a moment, stroking his chin with two fingers. ''Dinner time's just over. Maybe I should,'' he mumbled to himself. He then looked at me with a mix of anger and compassion and said, ''alright, you can go.''

I got my clothes and ran upstairs. When I passed Lewis' door, I could hear sobbing. I bit my lip and knocked on the door. ''Wait, I'll open the door,'' I heard Lewis tell someone. He opened the door and looked shocked at me for a moment. I noticed Billy sitting on his bed with his face buried in his hands, sobbing. ''B-But... Oh wow, Billy... Come here!'' Lewis said, a wide smile appeared on his face. Billy looked up and wiped his tears before he quickly got up and ran to me. He hugged me tightly, burying my face in his neck. ''I-I thought you were dead!'' He sniffled. He lifted up my head and looked into my eyes. ''I'm not. I swear,'' I said with a smile on my lips, ''why'd you think so?''

''Alessa told me. She said you weren't important enough for a public announcement,'' Billy said. ''Not important enough?'' I asked, confused. Billy pulled away and nodded slowly. ''I don't know why.. You can ask her yourself? She didn't even want to answer me when I asked,'' he shrugged. I knew it was just a dirty trick so that she could lie her way to Billy's despair, but I was still curious of why she had said ''not important enough'' instead of anything else.

I went to the laundry room, where I knew she was, and burst open the door. ''Why did you tell Billy that?'' I asked angrily. ''Tell him what?'' she asked with a smirk. ''That I wasn't important enough,'' I bit my lip. Alessa put the light grey shirt she was folding on the washing machine and turned to me, chuckling.

''That's easy. You aren't important. Even if you died, nobody would care. They would barely know you're gone. Face it, Edwin, you're the only unimportant one here. The only ordinary. There's nothing special about you. You're just a grain of sand, a wave in the ocean,'' she said.

I shook my head. That couldn't be true. I knew I wasn't a genius like Lucas, nor from a rich and important family like Jimmy, but I knew I couldn't be that unimportant. ''You're lying!'' I yelled. ''I'm not. Sure, there's some really important and special people here, like Jimmy, Lucas and Juliet, but none are as worthless as you,'' Alessa laughed and continued folding the grey shirt.

___________________________
22nd of June, 2012
I finally got back. I've been tortured for about two days, and came back to find my friends believing I'm dead. In addition to that, Alessa told me I'm worthless. Maybe I am. I don't really know. All I've done so far are making some of my friends die and scare them. I wonder why I'm here if I'm really that worthless. Is it just so the others would look even better compared to me? -Edwin
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the short chapter