Status: I'll update as fast as I can

Zone: Apocalypse

The First Death

Everyone has those days when they just know something will go wrong. Today was one of those days. It started out just fine, with us from 14 sitting in the library, reading books. Everything was silent. I was reading the most exciting part, where the protagonist has to murder his son (again) in order to save his own life. No matter how much I wanted to forget about everything and just focus on the book, I couldn't. I couldn't stop thinking that something would go wrong, even though I didn't know what. ''Are you okay?'' Billy's voice broke the deafening silence. I nodded, and he gave me a kiss on the cheek. Barely a second later, we could hear a heartbreaking scream from outside. I jumped to my feet, throwing my book on the beanbag in the process. Billy did the same, but the others didn't look like they noticed or cared at all. We both ran out of the library and nearly stumbled over a hatch on the floor. Another painful scream was heard, clearly coming from beneath the hatch. Billy and I sat down by it and opened it.

It could best be described as a room taken right out of a horror movie. The stone walls and floor had marks and traces of splattered, dried blood. Torture weapons galore; a table full of scalpels and tools, larger objects such as the iron maiden, the rack and so much more. The room was not empty, though; Tyrian and another minion were there, keeping a hysterical Lewis from getting to the rack, which was in use by Zephyr, who then again used the rack on Dylan. Lewis tried to yell something, but his voice was muffled by Dylan's loud screams as Zephyr pulled the lever further, stretching Dylan's limbs even more. I was paralyzed; I couldn't move, barely breathe. I didn't look at Billy, not even a glance. I couldn't, my eyes were locked on Zephyr, the lever and the rack. As he pulled the lever a little more, so little you could barely see the movement, a loud cracking noise came from Dylan. This was followed by a scream from both Dylan himself and the now sobbing Lewis, before Zephyr let go of the lever to pick up Dylan's body. Zephyr threw Dylan's body over his shoulder, and by that I let go of the hatch, afraid Zephyr would bust us. I heard him laugh like a maniac before Billy and I ran back to our room. I didn't know the rules, but I could easily imagine that the first rule, written in huge bold letters read; ''Do not stare during a murder.''

During dinner, Zephyr walked out from the kitchen to announce Dylan's death. ''Dylan Shipley of Zone 50 has sadly passed away due to rulebreaking. Luckily for him, it went quick and painless,'' Zephyr lied. I looked over at 50's table to see Lewis' reaction, only to figure out he wasn't here. I guessed he was just mourning in his room and rolled my eyes at the lies flowing out of Zephyr's mouth. A boy shouted out, asking how Dylan died, to which Zephyr replied; Lethal injection. ''Imagine this is a school, Felix. You cannot leave, so the worst that can happen can't be getting expelled. The worst punishment is death. Now, what would you usually do when you wanted to talk to the headmaster? That's right, raise your hand,'' Zephyr told the boy, followed by the words ''it's okay for now.''

Zephyr did not tell us about all the blood and gore from Dylan's open cuts and wounds. I noticed when Zephyr threw Dylan over his shoulder. It looked like Dylan had been cut with a butcher's knife all over his limbs. No, Zephyr had straight up lied to everyone. Lethal injection? I couldn't even see a single syringe down in that chamber, and I had the feeling that tough Dylan wouldn't scream so much if the only thing happening was Zephyr injecting deadly liquid into his arm. But, I was pretty glad he didn't talk about what we had seen and what had happened before. That would and should stay a secret between Lewis, Zephyr and the two minions.

_____________
May 21st, 2012
Today was a sad day here at Clearedge. Dylan died - he was tortured to death by Zephyr in a room I'm sure wasn't there yesterday. A room underground. Lewis was there to see every little detail of his friend die, and he was held back by Tyrian and another guy. I never actually got to know Dylan, but still... A death is a death. Tragic. -Edwin
♠ ♠ ♠
Yaaaaay, another chapter. Hope you like it, guys.