Status: I'll update as fast as I can

Zone: Apocalypse

Lewis Knight

Clearedge was filled with sorrow today. It didn't matter if you knew him or not, Dylan's death was tragic, but also terrifying. Zephyr proved to everyone that he was serious when he said that we would get a fatal punishment if we ever broke the rules.

During breakfast, I noticed Alessa looking at me. Not a normal glance, it was more like how a predator studies it's prey. The gothic-dressed, pale girl who looked more dead than alive did not at all look like a harmless, innocent girl. Her eyes made it even worse; those blood red eyes. I felt uncomfortable, and not even after she had walked downstairs after breakfast to manage the laundry did I feel she had gotten those piercing eyes off me.

Most girls had surrounded Lewis right after breakfast, only to ask him questions about what had happened. At first I didn't mind, hearing as one said she wanted to know how not to get killed. But, when another asked if he could describe how he thought Dylan must've felt during his last moments, I felt the rage building up inside me. Lewis obviously felt the same way, because he ordered the girls to leave him alone, without answering the question. He noticed me and told me to sit down next to him. ''Are you okay?'' I asked him. He replied with a simple nod. ''Those girls were annoying, but I understand they ask. I would rather tell you, though. I mean, you aren't interested purely because my best friend's dead,'' Lewis told me with a neutral voice. ''Well, then. I am a little curious... I mean, for what he did to deserve that punishment,'' I bit my lip as I uttered the words, waiting for Lewis' reaction. He looked just as calm and told me, ''to deserve it? He beat up Alessa and threatened Zephyr to fuck him up if he wouldn't let... at least Dylan leave.''

The clicking of high heeled shoes appeared, followed by the cafeteria doors opening. Alessa walked inside and went straight over to us, looking as if she was out to kill. ''It's a long time since breakfast, you know?'' she said, putting one hand on her waist. ''Yeah. We just wanted to talk,'' Lewis shrugged. She rolled her eyes and put a finger under my chin, her face so close to mine that I could feel her warm breath. ''I know what you did,'' she whispered, ''you and your boyfriend watched yesterday. You watched Dylan, you know what Zephyr did. I know you've still not been told the rules, but let me tell you one of them right now. Exploring is fine, peeking is not. If it happens again, you might end up just like Dylan. Maybe worse.'' After uttering those words she told us to leave, loud and clear.
Lewis' room was just like my own, just messier. A bunch of clothes laying on the floor between his bed and the closet, probably both his and Dylan's. ''I wonder how Alessa knew about... you know,'' I said and played with my shirt. ''I have no idea. I was too busy watching my best friend getting killed,'' Lewis told me angrily. ''Sorry, sorry. Just don't get mad, okay?'' I sighed. Making Lewis mad was what I wanted the least. In an attempt to cheer him up, I decided to talk to him about the good memories he had with Dylan and his family instead. From that I found out that he had a little sister, who was kidnapped and killed by the age of 9. He had pretty much lived with Dylan the following months, purely because his parents went crazy over it and started drinking. Lewis was no older than 12 at the time. I felt sorry for him, he's gone through so much already, and we've just been here for a few days.

Before we knew it, hours had passed. None of us ate dinner, nor did we eat supper, we just stayed in his room, talking.

As soon as I stepped out of his room, I felt a chill rushing down my spine. I looked around to see if someone was watching me, but couldn't see any. The few steps between the door to Lewis' room and my own only made the feeling of being stalked worse. I walked inside and shut the door behind me before I went over to the rather confused Billy sitting on the bed. ''Are you okay?'' he asked. I pecked his lips and nodded before I sat down next to him. ''Edwin, you don't look okay. You're pale.. paler than usual, and you seem terrified,'' he sighed and grabbed my hand. He played with my fingers while waiting for an answer. ''I'm tired, that's all. It's almost 10 p.m., we should go to bed,'' I told him and dragged off my shirt. ''Nothing? Then why's there a dark purple bruise on your shoulder?'' Billy pointed to my left shoulder before undressing. I looked at my shoulder to see that there was indeed a bruise, but I had no answer for Billy. ''I honestly don't know,'' was all I managed to say. Billy rolled his eyes and lied down, dragging the quilt over himself. ''Okay, I'm sorry. I just have the feeling that someone's watching me. But I really have no clue about the bruise. Maybe I got it when I crashed into a wall or something,'' I chuckled at the last part. Billy dragged me down, so I was laying close to him, and dug his face into my neck. ''You're safe with me,'' he whispered. He held around me, and in a matter of minutes he fell asleep, judging by his deep breaths. I still felt as if someone watched me, but it was better now that Billy kept me safe.

_____________
May 22nd, 2012
I was threatened by Alessa today, while talking with Lewis in the cafeteria. Sure, it was after breakfast, but I haven't got any rules saying you can't stay there and talk. Anyway, the main threat was that she had seen us watching Dylan being killed, so Billy and I can both end up just like him, if not worse. -Edwin
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, chapter no one cares about ^.^ okay well anyway, sorry for not updating often... there's seriously so much to do nowadays.