The Kandice Kane Story

Am I dreaming??

The next morning when Kandice woke up, she didn’t know where she was. The blinding light was too harsh on her eyes.
“Glad to see you are up” A voice said. Confused Kandice sat up and looked around. “Over here” the voice said again. Kandice looked around, and saw what looked like Jeramy. The boy had the same hazel tan, and the coco colored eyes, and the sandy blonde hair, and the same slider face.
“J-Jeramy? Is that really you?” Kandice asked. Not believing what she saw.
“Sure it’s me!” Jeramy said. He walked over to Kandice, and gave her a huge bear hug. Not wanting to let go Kandice held on, until Jeramy gently pulled away. “What’s the matter Kandi, I-” Jeramy stopped in mid’ sentence. “You aren’t yelling, are you sick?” Jeramy asked with a worried look on his face.
“No, why? I’m fine. I just missed you!” Kandice said.
“Well first off, you let me hug you, and second, you let me call you Kandi. You know what? That doesn’t matter, come on, and get ready, we are going out today.” Jeramy said with an odd expression.
“I thought you were dead.” Kandice said quietly.
“No, you dreamt that. Hank saw you last night in the cemetery. It wasn’t me who died. It was your…It was your parents Kandice. Not me. They confused your dad’s body with mine. I’m so sorry I had to tell you that.” Jeramy confessed.
“But I saw you die! I SAW YOU! YOU WERE BLOODY! AND NOT BREATHING!” Kandice yelled. Jeramy shook his head.
“No, you saw your dad, not me.”
“But, wh-where was my mother?!” Kandice cried.
“She was 50 feet away, she flew out of the car. I told Hank to follow you, after I gave him an hour worth of apology.” Jeramy said.
“SO YOU PUT HANK UP TO ALL THAT?! HOW DARE YOU!” Kandice shouted. “AND TO THINK I ACCUALLY CRIED FOR A LOW LIFE LIKE YOU! NO WONDER PEOPLE GAVE ME FUNNY LOOKS! I POORED MY HEART OUT TO HANK!” Kandice yelled again. By this time Jeramy was shocked to even breath,suddenly the doorbell rang. “What are you waiting for?? ANSWER IT!” Kandice shouted.
When Jeramy answered the door, it was Hank.
“What are you doing here man? Kandice is in no mood to see anyone especially you. I told her the truth.” Jeramy said.
“You what? How could you?” Hank said in disbelief.
“I had to, it’s her parents after all!” Jeramy said.
“Wait, what? So we weren’t talking about the same thing.” Hank looked relieved.
“Erm, no, what did you think I was talking about?” Jeramy asked.
“No nothing it doesn’t matter. Anyways do you think that I could possibly talk to Kandice? Just for a little bit?” Hank asked carefully.
“Why the hell for? She is already torn up about her parents.” Jeramy said. Hank gave a dark chuckle.
“If you only knew man. And to think you thought you knew everything about Kandice.” Hank said dryly.
“What are you talking about? My aunt and uncle never laid a hand on that girl!” Jeramy said in a shaky voice.
“No, but they didn’t stop her brother from beating the crap out of her. What do you have to say to that? Oh why do you look surprised? You knew it; you just didn’t do anything either. Because of me he went to jail. That was what the fight was about that night you were drunk, you don’t remember do you? You swung at me, and I blocked you so you tried to put me in a headlock, but I didn’t allow it. That’s why you were in that cell for the night.” Hank said coolly.
“Kandice said they were rough housing. She hated for anyone to feel pity upon her. You know that. But maybe you are right, maybe I don't really know my own family. Maybe you should take Kandice in! How about that?! I didn’t want to! I was forced! I love her yeah, but I am not up to taking care of a 16-year-old girl”
“Jeramy, no don’t say that she-” Hank stopped.
“Oh I see how it is, you didn’t want me? Is that it? Why in hell did you send Hank for me then?! Tell me that!” Kandice grabbed Jeramy’s keys to his truck and left leaving a big cloud of dust. With System Of A Down blaring.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK sry it took me so long to get back to you, I've had to study for finals