Status: Being Written

I Can't Breathe

Two

Nail:

I woke up this morning and felt, a bit better. I mean, I talked to Nicole, but we didn't exactly fix things. At least I know how she feels and she knows how I feel. I walked out into the living room and saw Nicole sitting with my mom on the couch, she looked beautiful like always. "Morning son." "Hey Nail." Nicole gave me a faint smile. "Um, hi. What are you doing here?" I walked over and leaned against the wall. "Um, I thought maybe since you won't be here for much longer we should spend any time we can together." I shook my head in agreement. "Okay, um, let me go change and then we can go out." I gave her a smile and went to my room.

Nicole:

"So Nicole, how did the talk with Nail go yesterday? If you don't mind me asking?" "It's fine, the talk was, okay I guess. We still have to work some things out so." "I see, well did he mention the draft?" "He did." I gave her a faint smile and looked to the floor. "Hey." His mom held my hand and I looked up at her. "I know it's gonna be hard when he is drafted and playing somewhere far away, but it will be sort of like Sarnia. We just have to get used to it, this is going to be his life now." "I know, I just didn't really think it would all happen so soon." "Well, maybe the best thing would be to go to the draft, you could spend as much time there with him as possible, and I know it would mean the world to him to have you there to be apart of the experience." "I know, I've been thinking about going ever since he told me last night."

Nail:

I walked back toward the living room but stopped as I overheard my mom and Nicole talking. "It would be amazing to be there and see him get drafted and everything. I know he would love for me to be there, and I really don't want to let go of him yet, especially since I just got him back." They both laughed and I felt it was a good time to walk in. "Hey, we all set to go?" "Yeah, all ready." Nicole stood up and we walked over to the door. "Bye mom." "Bye, have fun you two!" We went outside and started walking. "Is everything okay?" I looked over at Nicole and she looked back confused. "Yeah, why wouldn't it be?" "No reason, just thought I'd ask. So where are we going?" "I don't know, I thought we could just walk around town, you know since you probably don't remember where anything is around here anymore." We both laughed. "Actually, we should go in town, I need to buy a new suit for the draft." "Okay, a new suit it is, let's go."

We went to the local tux store to find me something for the draft. Nicole was looking at some suits while I talked with a tailor. Nicole had pulled out a few she liked and wanted me to try on, so I did. "Let's go superstar, I want to see it." I walked out and she looked me up and down. "It's okay. What do you think?" I did spun in a circle and gave a shrug. "I don't really like it." "Then I'll go change." I gave her a smile and went back to change. I knew I didn't want to get anything Nicole wouldn't like, especially if she was going to the draft with me. "What about this one?" The second suit was grey with an orange dress shirt and stripped tie. "I love it!" She had a smile on her face and I knew I had to get this one. "You look so handsome!" She gave me a wink and she took a picture with her phone. I got changed and paid for my new suit and we left. "So where to now?" Nicole looked at me with a smile. "Well, I have to know something." I intertwined my fingers with hers and she didn't pull away, but she looked at me confused. "And what is that?" "The draft? Will you go with me?" She let out a sigh and I was unsure of what she was going to say.

"Yes." "What?" I looked at her shocked. "Yes, Nail I just got you back, I'm letting you go until I have to." I smiled then gave her a hug and spun her around. "I know exactly where we're going now." I gave her a smile and we continued walking down the street. I stopped in front of a store and Nicole looked over at me. "Nail, why are we here?" "I want to buy you a new dress for the draft. Come on." I pulled inside and we began looking at different dresses. Anything I pulled that she liked, she was going to try on. "Okay let's see." "Alright." She slowly walked out in a plain black dress and looked amazing! "Wow, Nicole, you might look better than me." "Thanks." She laughed and shook her head. She looked down at the tag on the dress and gave me a concerned look. "Nail, I'm not letting you pay this much." "Nicole, please. After everything, it's honestly the least I could do." She gave me a faint smile then looked in the mirror. I put around her waist. "It really looks great on you." She smiled. "Thanks." "And will look even better when your at the draft with me." She smiled even bigger and then gave me a kiss on the cheek then went to get changed. I paid for the dress and I walked Nicole back to her house.

"Thanks again for the dress, I don't know how I will repay you." "Nicole, I'm serious, you don't have to. You going to the draft with me is enough. I mean it." "Okay, well thank you again, I really appreciate it and I'm looking forward to the draft." "Me too, especially now that your going." We both smiled as we got to her house. "Well, thanks again for everything. I'll text you later?" "Sounds good." We stood there for a second and next thing I knew I felt her lips on mine. We both pulled away and smiled. "Bye Nail." I leaned in and gave her one last kiss. "Bye." She smiled as I walked down the steps and continued to the sidewalk. I looked back and gave her a big smile. I didn't think I would ever get Nicole back after the fight we had before I left last time, but I'm glad she is going with me to the draft and we are starting to reconnect, it feels really good. I'm just not sure how things will go once I get drafted and have to leave again, hopefully we won't get into another big fight and ruin things for good.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know it's been awhile, but I was super busy working at a hockey tournament since Thursday and had no time to even go on the computer and write. I know this is kind of short, but I promise once I get to the stuff I have been waiting to write, the chapters will get longer. Thanks to everyone who is reading!!! You people are amazing!! :)