I Love the Dead

Working man

Dennis sighed deeply and rolled his eyes as another "Mr. cool guy" came into the bank with dark sunglasses, and a over-sized hoodie with it covering his whole head.

"The sun is unbearable"

Dennis thought to him self, sarcastically, then shook his head slightly. It wasn't even sunny outside. Its the middle of winter, with dark-grey menacing looking clouds, ones that undoubtedly will produce cold rain and possible hail, although unlikely for El Paso weather, but not unusual.

Taking a deep breath, Dennis walked to the man as he passed the handicap entrance hallway and approached a somewhat busy teller line.

"Please don't give me shit, please don't give me shit, please don't give me shit"

That was what Dennis thought as he got closer to the guy. He never really understood or saw the point of people having sunglasses inside buildings, and to top it off, a hoodie, arousing suspicion. A lot of the bank members got offended when Dennis asked them to remove the sunglasses.

"What, you think im some sort of delinquent?!?! You think i'd rob a bank!?" where common responses, amongst other more aggressive ones.

Dennis cleared his throat

"Sir, would you please remove the sunglasses and the headpiece inside the building?"

The guy turned, startled, and made a somewhat funny expression and said

"Oh, sorry man, no problem"

Quickly pulling the hoodie back and folding the sunglasses and sliding them into the front pocket.

"Thank you sir, and sorry for the in convenience" Dennis said, quite monotonously, and walked back to his usual standing corner.

"Hello, welcome to GECU" Desiree, the concierge, greeted a few members as they walked in through the double doors. Coming up the stairs, outside, a taller but much older man, approached the building, this one actually looked a bit more suspicious. And as he entered the building, he did not remove the sunglasses. He hedead straight to the teller line on the employee entrance side of the building, the one where the other guy with the hoodie was.

"Greaaaatt"

Dennis once again walked over that side, as another member, a young blonde woman entered and walked in the same direction as him, and take a stand in the line.

The man stood with his arms crossed. Quite a well built man for a guy in his apparent 40's or 50's. The tight short sleeved shirt, ROLLED up short sleeve outlined his burly muscles. Again, Dennis comically and sarcastically thought to him self.

"Short sleeves, rolled up short sleeves, in the WINTER? This ones a real ass hole, I know his type. Trouble, trouble trouble..."

Dennis extended his arm "Sir, would you please remove the sunglasses inside the building"

The man turned and stared at him, remaining quiet for a few seconds, then spoke

"Pardon me?" The man leaned in.

Dennis tried to repeat "Would you ple-" only to be cut off by the man.

"Oh, thats right, I can't understand you. Can you take off your braces inside the building?" The man displayed a cocky but pearly white smug smile.

A few giggles erupted from the rest of the line, but others just stared, feeling now probably slightly uncomfortable and on Dennis side.

Dennis looked to a side, annoyed, noticing people just looking back and forth from the man to Dennis. Only the blonde woman seemed to stare straight at Dennis....

His attention went back to the guy. "Sir, would you please remove the-"

The man stepped out of the line.

"I told you, can you remove the braces insi-"

Dennis countered attacked with his same ways, interrupting him abruptly, and taking off the metal pieces in his mouth

"Sir, these are not braces, they are retainers, and yes, look, I can take them off, you idiot. Understand me better now? Well, id ask you to remove your stupid, ugly mole filled face but I know its not possible. But as fucking ugly as you can be, You can not be with sunglasses in here. Or you take off your ridiculous glasses or you leave, simple as that"

Now a few gasps emerged from the crowd, some of the tellers just stared, other people had surprised expressions on their face. The blonde girl had a big beautiful smile on her face, smiling at Dennis. On the other hand, now the man displayed a solemn and serious face. Taking off the sunglasses, he stepped out of the line, and walked to the side where Dennis originally was at. Cautiously, Dennis followed.

"I want to talk to a branch manager NOW" the man told Desiree, angry. "That idiot over there was rude and disrespectful, is this how you all treat your members? I WANT TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE NOW" he slammed his hand on the concierge's mini desk.

Dez eyed Dennis quickly, then looked back at the man. She knew something had happened, and Dennis knew she knew him well, Desiree knows something triggers Dennis off, he just does not treat people like this...

"Uh, okay, no problem sir, follow me, and I will take you to the branch managers office" Desiree walked behind some booths, to the office areas, the man following her, looking back at Dennis.

Dennis resumed his position, on his usual corner. Some people kept staring at him, others had forgotten about it and continued with their day. Dennis looked around the bank, he knew all attention was on him, or the attention of who heard what had happened anyways. Across the building, exactly in the other corner, stood that same blonde woman, staring at Dennis. Even from a distance, now did Dennis had time to notice her blue-green eyes, just staring at him.... in a quite strange and passionate manner, with a flirty and friendly smile on her face.....

Dennis diverted his attention from her, resuming to monitor the whole bank, already counting the hours after closing to be called into the managers office.
♠ ♠ ♠
A boring one, not very detailed, and very lame. But I wanted to introduce a few "important" characters.