Status: In the process of editing!

When the Moon Rises

The Vicious Cycle

~No-One's POV~

A tall, muscular young man with dark spiky hair and equally dark eyes grins sheepishly. He twirls his drumsticks between his large fingers before slamming them against his drums in a set rhythm. The rest of the band joins in promptly, and he focuses with a strong intensity. When the song finishes, he stops to pick up his bottle of water, taking a mouthful of water to replenish his thirst.

“How was that, Matt?” The singer turns to lock eyes with the drummer’s dark ones, and he forces the water down his throat before answering.

“It sounds good.” Matt pauses before taking his phone out of his pocket to glance at the time before putting it away again. The time read 6:35pm. “If we haven’t perfected our performance by now then we may as well kiss our whole gig good-bye” he says seriously, looking at the rest of the band as he takes another sip from his bottle.

There is a murmur of agreement from the rest of the band as Matt scratches the back of his head. The habit had been formed when he was young, and showed itself whenever he began to get nervous. Hopping off the large stage, all five of them head for the small dressing rooms to get ready for their gig. Time passes and the band meet backstage, prepping themselves with encouragement. Matt takes his time to assess his friends.

The singer, Derek, was his closest friend. Derek was smaller the Matt, but still muscular. His green eyes glowed with excitement and nervousness and his blonde hair was sleeked back in its usual unkempt style. He leans casually against a wall, wearing red skinny jeans with a plain chain belt, a black singlet and dark converse shoes. Matt’s eyes flicked to Eric, the bassist and the smallest out of the group. He had blue eyes and light brown hair. A frown marred his face and he stood; stiff and silent, arms folded across his chest which was covered with a grey 3/4 length long sleeve top, simple dark blue skinny jeans and skull chucks.

Matt's eyes turn his eyes rested momentarily on Simon, one of the two guitarists. He had a bad habit of smoking when he was stressed out and was rather bad tempered at times –especially towards Roy-. His long black hair hangs down to his shoulders messily, and, like always, his hazel eyes were hidden behind shades. Last but not least, there was Roy, the major show-off of their little group. He was cocky and a pain in the ass to deal with most of the time, but Matt knew he was pretty good kid after you get to know him. Roy had short caramel coloured hair and blue eyes and usually wore bright coloured skinny jeans with a white singlet and whatever shoes he could find.

Together they made the band known as The Vicious Cycle. Being in a band wasn’t the only thing they had in common though. They were also werewolves. And their community was their territory.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy this story!

Edited and Proofread 05/11/13