Status: In the process of editing!

When the Moon Rises

Flashback

~Matt’s POV~

I pull my lips back and bare my jagged canine teeth; I let out a howl and direct it at the luminous full moon. I stood on the hinds of my legs; looking almost human like but my long muzzle contradicted the human quality. We took off, running. Our pace was faster than humanly possible, but then again we weren’t humans. I bounded up and flew across the forestry ground, landing heavily in a large tree. I launched myself forward landing harshly on another limb of a tree and splintering it. I kept moving through the trees. My claws left indents in the bark, sometimes tearing the bark clean off.

We finally progressed into an open field filled with cattle. My mouth watered and I let out a snarl, landing in front of a cow and her newborn. I startled them both and they took off in the opposite direction and I let them ran. Uninterested in them I laid my eyes on the next pastures over, my wolf eyes scan the dark and are greeted by the bull I heard. He resented our presence. We were scaring away his cows.

I entered his domain, watching him intently. He pawed the ground, huffing before charging. I let out a howl in anticipation before launching full force at him. It was an easy one. I leapt up before his horns could inflict damage on me. I landed on his back and manoeuvred so I could access his neck. He bucked his back legs up but I only sunk my claws harshly into his flesh.

My mouth latched onto his neck and I dug ruthlessly in and tore his flesh, I chewed once before swallowing. I had to kill him quickly because he was making to much noise. I finished him off, enjoying the metallic taste and raw fresh meat. I was about to drag the remains into the forest but a shot echoed in the darkness.

I left my head up and my ears twitched; I heard a pain-stricken howl.
“Get off my land, demonic creatures!” Another shot, three in a row. Derek howls signalling to retreat and I don’t think twice. In the end it was Roy that had taken most of the damage. Simon had been hit in the thigh; I’d gotten a bullet to the shoulder helping Simon get Roy. Derek and Eric had scratches but were otherwise unharmed.


I withered around, groaning in my sleep. My breathing becomes heavy and irregular as I had the flashback.
“Matt? Matt! Wake up you’re having a nightmare! Mattie?” Small hands shook me lightly and my eyes bolted open, staring at my imprints eyes as they gazed back, full of concern and worry.
My bare chest rose and fell and I sat up and untangled the bed sheet from my body.

It’s been three years since I’ve met Evie, times flown away and so much has occurred. Evie learnt that Derek and the guys are werewolves as well. We also explained our band name to her, ‘The Vicious Cycle’ was an inside joke about our cycle that we go through every month when the full moon rises.

Evie calls it our PMS day but she understands that during the full moon she can’t be near me. The full moon turns us psychotic and hazardous. All we want to do is hunt prey, tear them apart. My thoughts pause and I involuntarily shiver. There wasn’t much prey around here though. So we either hunted in alleyways looking for dodgy guys who slaked girls or we had to go into the rural areas. I preferred the latter it felt wrong to kill people. No matter how creep and disgusting they acted.

It takes at least an hour run to get into the rural parts of the country side. Sometimes we’d be too hungry to make the trip but usually we could last. We tried to be as inconspicuous as possible but it was hard to feed our appetite for meat. Sometimes I would get carried away and kill too many live stock, making it impossible for me to drag the remains off and bury them. We made the mistake of being to careless once, it had nearly cost us our lives. I had Evie now which meant I had to be more careful, for her sake.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry I didn't get this out in time :/ I'm 20 minutes late but I'll update later today after sleeping to make up for me missing a chapter yesterday. Sorry my lovely's I've just had a stressful, emotional day. Basically it's been shit and I haven't been able to write anything because I've been too depressed.

What were your thoughts on this? Is there anything specific that you want to see Matt and Evie do? Whether its a sex scene (I'll have to change the rating) or more innocent things like getting married? Having a baby? Meeting Matt or Evie's family? Prehaps both? If you have a prompt idea that you want to see worked into this story then feel free to drop a comment. I'll give you full credit.

I'm asking you (the readers) because I'd like to hear your thoughts and opinions :) I want to give you the opportunity to decide their future. Should I end the story soon or do you want to see more Matt and Evie fluff?