Status: In the process of editing!

When the Moon Rises

Family

~Matt’s POV~

“Mum, would you stop please!” I exclaim and approach my mum and Evie as they sat at the table giggling like best friends as mum shows Evie more of my baby photos. I hovered above Evie and found her going through some photos of when I was thirteen.

“This is around the time when his hormones starting kicking in and he’d stay in his bedroom for hours looking at god knows what on his laptop” Mum pointed to the pictures and my face flushes with embarrassment.

“Mum stop embarrassing me or you won’t get any grandchildren” I snatch the photos up and stash them out of her reach,
“Don’t forget I have your little sister, there’s still hope for our Vicky” Mum’s words sounded doubtful and I couldn’t blame her. My dear baby sister was a nutcase. Every time she come home to visit she’d have a new guy to hang off of.

Not to mention she’d always phone me up telling me she needed help because her current boyfriend was abusing her. So like the brother I am I run to her rescue… only to discover it’s Vicky doing the abusing. I’d end up having to help the guy escape her wrath.

I roll my eyes playfully and smirk “Okay let me rephrase my statement. Mummy dearest if you don’t stop embarrassing me, you won’t get any normal, cute grandchildren” I grin at mum and she playfully hits me.
“I best be starting dinner then, Evie dear come give me a hand in the kitchen” I help mum get onto her two feet and she moves off to the kitchen.
“Of course” Evie replies, brushing past me and I bring her into a quick hug and stoop down to kiss the top of her head before releasing her and going out onto the porch to sit with dad.

“I miss being able to get up spontaneously and go for jogs” I sat beside dad and he gave me a sad smile. Dad had lost his feeling in the left side of his body after suffering from a stroke. Now he spends most of his time out on the porch, reading the newspaper, doing crosswords or playing his ancient acoustic guitar.

Evie and I had come over for the day to spend time with my folks. There wasn’t any occasion but after dad suffered from the stroke it only felt right to come over whenever we could to spend time with them. When I first introduced mum and dad to Evie mum almost mauled to death with her hugs.

“Matt imprinted! Oh Steven, our little boy finally found his imprint. I’m going to be a grandmother!” She bought Evie into a tight hug and refused to let go for over ten minutes.

“Mum please, you’ll kill her. And what do you mean finally?! I’m 22 for goodness sake. Grandmother, really? We’ve only officially been dating for 2 months” I tried to unhand my mother from crushing my cutely petite girlfriend.


I sighed loudly at the memory and shook my head grinning. I loved my family and I knew Evie did too. I was 25 now and ready to settle down Evie was only 23 so I wasn’t sure if she wanted to or not. I guess I wouldn’t find out until I tried.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmmm, thoughts my lovely's?