Status: In the process of editing!

When the Moon Rises

The Perfect Idea

~Matt’s POV~

“Uh yeah hi, ummm I’m looking for an engagement ring” I scratch the back of my head nervously, giving the store clerk a clueless look.
“We have an assortment of engagement rings sir” The clerk sweeps his hands over a glass casing filled with rings and I bent down to take a closer look.

I ponder on the different rings for some time, feeling the clerk’s eyes bore holes into my head. I finally stand up straight and point at my favourite one.
“Can I have a better look at that one?” I ask, noticing the disdainful look he gives me. ‘Stuck up snob’ I thought frowning.

“This one sir is the 18 carat white gold princess cut diamond ring” He hands it over to me and watches me assess it closely as if I’d run at any second. It was simply perfect. It had a modest diamond in the shape of a square placed in the middle and two smaller square diamonds on each side of the larger diamond. It was simple but elegant and I was sure Evie would love it.

“I’ll buy it” I beam at the clerk and he gives me a twisted smile as if too say he couldn’t see me being able to buy it.
“That’ll be $6,650” He gave me a sceptical look as I took out my wallet. “We do offer monthly pay-offs however”
I waved him off “Here, I’ll pay in full” I hand him my card and roll my eyes

I punch in my pin number and the efpost machine promptly accepts. The clerk puts the ring into a small box and I place it in my leather jacket and zip it up, making sure it was safe and sound.
I walk outside and toward my car. It takes me a few minutes to get to my car and when I unlock it and get in, I end up sitting there tapping my fingers rhythmically against my steering wheel, thinking.

My next move… my next move… it had too be romantic and meaningful and unforgettable. An idea formed in my head and I started my car and carefully reversed out of my park before taking off. I hummed with excitement and prayed my idea would work perfectly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short but I had to sneak on the laptop while my mum's out just to update. I'll work on the next chapter and hopefully have it up soon. Sorry for not updating in so long my lovely's but my mum had a rage and took my laptop and cellphone off me because I'm spending too much time in my room and what not.

Which isn't true because I've barely been home as I do actually have a social life :P

Bye x