Status: In the process of editing!

When the Moon Rises

Blubbery Mess

~Evie’s POV~

“Mother please, I’ve barely stepped through the door and you’re already hounding me about Matt’s career” I huff and give her an unpleasant frown. I take her in, her long pin straight raven black hair was in perfect order, not a hair dared to be out of place. Her gray eyes held nothing but seriousness, there was nothing motherly about her but it was what I was use too. Today she wore a sharp business-like suit and heels. She was a sever woman, my mother.

“Yes well, I wouldn’t have too, if you coaxed him into finding a stable job” She gave me a strict disdainful look and I rolled my eyes in response.

“Oh mother please, his job is perfectly fine,” I respond with an exasperated sigh.

“Being a musician is not even a proper career sweetheart” I watched my father climb down the stairs, he carried a newspaper under one arm and a pipe in another. He wore his old faithful sleepers and his favourite bathrobe. My father had greying hair and his face was aging, he had a powerful presence that demanded respect and he most certainly got it.

My parents weren’t the flaunting type of people but they were high classed. Growing up was hard because they were never around often and if they were, they were hardly seen together. Family time didn’t exist and it was hard because I didn’t have any siblings. My parents weren’t affectionate people and in fact I’m sure that my mother has never told me she loves me. Ever.

I stepped aside as Jules; one of mother’s maids helps me out of my jacket and places it on the coat rack. She then takes my small luggage back and begins to go upstairs. The house was modest for the amount of money my parents earned and I was at least glad hat they hadn’t spoilt me when I was a child.

They were all about saving money and investing it for the future. When I first started school they had immediately made a savings account. They put a large amount of money into it and told me it was for my future educations because that was the success to life. A good education that is.

“Where is Matt anyway? It’s awfully rude to not show up to greet us” Mother gave a look of disapproval.

“He had to pop off and do an errand for his sister” I reply casually but didn’t bother to voice my suspicious, Matt had been acting strange lately and it made me nervous. As nervous as I was though I trusted him not to hurt me and that’s all that really mattered… right?

“Are you hungry sweetheart?” My father voice interrupts my train of thoughts and I nodded meekly.

“I suppose I am, it’s been a long trip” My parents moved in sync to the dining room and I followed quickly. I noticed that the place seemed more… lively. If I didn’t know any better it felt like my mother had decorated the house for a special occasion, but the only occasion I could think of was that it was me and Matt’s three year anniversary and I knew my parents didn’t care for such trivial things.

The dining room was large and again I noticed that there had been a make-over done too it, the white crisp walls held beautiful scenery paintings and the place was decorated with colour coordinated decorations. Mother’s favourite colour must be purple as well I thought because the purple she had picked out was a soft almost lavender colour, my favourite colour since when I was a baby.

I noticed that food was already prepared and the cuisine didn’t look anything but amazing.

“What’s the occasion?” I noticed the lobster and asked. They only served lobster on special occasions.

“Turn around sweetheart” My father advises me and I notice a twinkle in his eye.

I turn around and glance down. My heart stops and I get light headed. Matt had snuck up behind me and his mother, father and younger sister were in the background. I feel my heart skip a beat and I try to swallow. I could feel tears wield up in my eyes but I tried to keep them in.

“I’ve had the most amazing three years being your boyfriend but I’m ready to be so much more to you than that. I’ve never loved someone as much as I love you and I know that I want my future to entwine with yours so Evelyn Dante, will you make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?” He holds the box open and I see a beautiful diamond rind in it and I’m left speechless.

He scratches the back of his head nervously and all I can do is open and close my mouth like a gaping fish. I suck in a lungful of air and nod my head quickly feeling a strong sense of love and adoration. The tears spill out and I throw myself into his arms, crying in joy.

“Yes, yes, yes, yes” I found my voice and all I could do as repeat the word yes over and over again.

He laughs happily and wraps his arms around my waist in a tight embrace. I sob happily and do my best to reign in my emotions, embarrassed that I’d become a blubbery mess in front of not only Matt but both our families as well.

“Well I guess we have a wedding to prepare for” My mother exclaims and for the first time I see her give a real smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long my lovely's. So much has been happening but at last it is out!

Thoughts?