Status: In the process of editing!

When the Moon Rises

Children

I felt stirring beside me and opened my eyes, a groan passed my lips and I turned on my side to face Evie, she was staring back at me, a sleepy look on her face.

“We left a bit of a mess,” she stated with a giggle, she sat up and stretched, revealing her naked body.

“Jesus,” I blasphemed, sitting up on my elbow and running a hand over a forming bruise, she turned to stare down at it, a sheepish grin on her lips.

“Guess you got a bit rowdy, huh?” She slipped out of bed and made her way to the shower as I grinned at her retreating form.

“Your mum will be happy, we’re one step closer to giving her grandkids,” Evie called from the bathroom as I heard the shower turn on.

My smile faltered as soon as she mentioned how, now that we were married, we could in fact look at having kids, for a second I was speechless and I sat there staring into space, I snapped out of my thoughts and lightly shook my head but knew she couldn’t see me.

“We don’t need to think about that for a while longer,” I replied, getting up and throwing on a pair of boxers as she finished her shower and came out, wearing nothing but a towel and still dripping wet. I could take her right there and then; I held back my instincts but only barely. She was giving me an ‘explain’ face and I shrugged, not reply.

“I’m just saying, if I found out I was pregnant I wouldn’t mind,” she stated after a brief moment of silence.

“Yeah, well I would,” I snap, baring my teeth at her in annoyance and brushing past her to the bathroom so I could freshen up, for a moment my actions catch her off guard and she stands frozen as I lean on the sink, rubbing my forehead.

“What the hell was that,” she whipped around, glaring daggers at me and I stand upright, folding my arms across my chest and signing.

“I’m sorry,” I pause, giving her a sincere look before continuing, “its complicated okay? But for now, children aren’t a good idea,”

“Why not?” she shot back and I knew I had no option but to explain to her.

“My mother is a stubborn woman, she’s mentally and physically strong, but when she gave birth to me she barely lived. Evie, in case you forgot, I’m not exactly human, if you get pregnant with my child you’ll be carrying a child with werewolf DNA,” Matt paused, letting his words sink in.

Evie might not like to be treated like a porcelain doll but there was no denying the fact that she was petite and looked fragile, the thought of her carrying my child scared me, there was no way around that fact, at least for now. I couldn’t bear the thought of her not being able to handle the pregnancy.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Evie staring up at me with worried eyes, I leant down and wrapped her up in my arms, burying my face into the crook of her neck and taking in her scent.

“It’s okay, we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it,” she said softly.
After that we never bought the topic up again because she was right, we’d cross that bridge when we get to it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually have an idea for a sequel to this but I'm not yet sure if I will make a sequel, should I?

Also I'm excited, two more chapters and this story will be finished!

Awww man, thanks for reading!