Status: In the process of editing!

When the Moon Rises

Eye-Contact

~Evie's POV~

My chocolate brown eyes scanned the crowd, and I tried desperately to see my boyfriend over people. It was a futile attempt; I was short and everyone seemed to be at least a head taller. Feeling stupid for agreeing to come to the concert with Will, my shoulders slumped; I should have known he’d ditch me as soon as we got here. Probably to go find prettier girls to flirt with, I supposed.

I sighed in frustration, feeling myself being pushed along with the rest of the crowd that was endeavouring get to the front of the stage. I wondered absently how I’d gotten into this situation, how had I let myself fall into a relationship with someone as disloyal as Will. Easily I supposed, as I remembered how he used to treat me. In the beginning, I had been his princess, and he had swept me off my feet with his good looks and charm. He was the first guy to ever take an interest in getting to know the real me. Not the pretty, innocent, and naïve little Evie that had to be handled like a fragile porcelain doll. That’s how everyone else treated me and I hated it. Only a few of my close friends really knew me, and I thought Will was one of them. But now, well, now he acted like I barely existed. He’d changed for the worse and I was stupid enough to think that it was just a phase.

Sighing, I gave up trying to search for Will as the band came on stage. I wasn’t going to let tonight be ruined by him. I scanned the band’s faces as the singer introduced each band member. My eyes lingered on the drummer as he is introduced as Matt. He seemed to be scanning the crowd as he moved into his seat behind the drum set.

As I was about to look away, our eyes made contact, and I felt my cheeks darken as I blush. His opaque eyes look as if they intensified as he stared at me. It seemed as if his body became edgy. Knowing I was probably just imagining it all, I glanced down at the ground, biting my lip with embarrassment.

He probably wasn’t even looking at me, I reasoned, he could have been looking at anyone, but I couldn’t help feeling a strong connection to him.

Am I going mad?
♠ ♠ ♠
Please give me your thoughts! :) Thanks!

Edited and Proofread 01/12/13