Status: In the process of editing!

When the Moon Rises

Encounter

~Evie's POV~

I pushed my way through the crowd as they either milled around or made their way to the closest exit. I was looking for Will. I wanted to go home and he was my ride. I searched the whole arena and couldn’t find him so I resorted to trying to call him. It went through to his voice mail.

“Will, where are you? I need to go home, please just come get me and take me home,” I pressed the end button and put my phone away.

Twenty minutes, then thirty. Forty and then an hour. I sighed and stood up from where I had been sitting. I pondered what to do and realised walking home was my only option. I stalled for a moment and wrestled with my conscious. It was one in the morning and creeps could be wondering the street.

I decided walking wasn’t that bad of an idea, my house wasn’t that far away and I’d stick to street lights. Yeah, that’s what I’d do.

I started walking. I kept an even pace and listened carefully. It was cold and whenever I let out a huff of breath it would become an icy cloud. I was half way home when I felt like I was being watched. I fastened my pace, feeling my heart race against my chest.

I turned around and darted my eyes around trying to spot my stalker but I was greeted with an empty street. I panicked, breaking into a run. It’s all in my head, it’s all in my head. I round the corner of a building and stop dead in my tracks.

Three large men stood, one of them was pissing against the side of the building. Another held something in his right hand and the last man had a beer bottle and was smoking. Oh dear god. I tried to walk back around the corner without being seen but the guy pissing saw me.

“Hey cutie, where ya going?” He slurred drunkenly and turns to face me. Still pissing might I had. I was revolted and didn’t bother trying to hide my disgust.

“Wanna play with us?” The guy smoking smirks, sliding his gaze up and down my body. I glare at him and slowly took some steps back.

“Babe! There you are,” A voice shouts out from behind me and before I can register what’s happening a guy wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me into his toned chest.

“I was really worried,” I stared up and my eyes were greeted by dark brown ones. I recognised him as the drummer from the show I just saw, Matt.

“Sorry,” I stuttered, blushing at how close I was to him.

“Oh, she’s yours? We had no idea, sorry Matt,” The smoking guy apologies while stomping his cigarette out, “let’s go,”

I watch them leave, confused by the smokers statement. I turn my attention back to Matt.
“Thanks” I shuffle awkwardly.

“Why are you walking by yourself at this hour?” He questions abruptly.

“My boyfriend was meant to take me but he left…” My voice quavers and I let my sentence trail off.

“He left? What is he, a fucking moron?” His face contorts angrily and I flinch back scared. He notices my reaction and relaxes, letting his facial expressions soften. “Sorry, sorry I just don’t see how someone can leave their girlfriend to walk alone at night,”

I shrug, unable to produce words. My rescuer was right and I wasn’t going to defend Will this time. He’d crossed a line.

“How far away do you live? I’ll walk you home, okay?” I glanced up at the guy in front of me and felt that familiar pull towards him that I’d felt in the concert and I wondered if he felt that force as well.

“I’m Matt by the way and you are?”

I smile up at Matt, “my name’s Evie.”
♠ ♠ ♠
IT'S FOUR AM!!!! I'M NOT TIRED! I'M HAVING A SLEEP-OVER!!!