Status: In the process of editing!

When the Moon Rises

In Time

~Evie’s POV~

I woke up late the next morning and had a nice long shower. When I hop out I wipe the steamed mirror and stare at myself in the reflection. My plain brown eyes stared back at me and my brown hair was wet and strands were plastered to my skin.

I dried myself off and put a singlet and some shorts on before towel drying my hair. I was about to put the blow dryer on when I heard a knock from my front door.
“Coming” I yell from the bathroom before skipping out into the hall and racing for the door.
I stand on my tip-toes and peer through the peep-hole. When I see who it is I smile and throw the door open.

“Hey, Evie” Matt’s gruff voice greets my ears and I unconsciously grin with excitement. “Sorry, I must seem like a real stalker” He scratches his head but I wave it off.
“I told you last night it was fine besides it’s nice to feel like someone actually cares” I smile up at him and he responds by clenching his jaw and nodding his head.

“Do you want to come in?” I asked, opening the door wide enough for him to pass me.
“Oh, yeah thanks, if you don’t mind” He grins and scratches the back of his head. I watch him with bemusement and giggle as he brushes past me.
“Do you want coffee or something?” I enquire politely.
“That would be great,” He sits down at the kitchen island and watches me with a strange intensity.

I felt myself become self-conscious and shy and wondered why he seemed to like staring at me a lot. I turned the jug on and got to work with fetching a mug and the coffee. By the time I finished I had conjured up some questions for Matt but I wasn’t sure how to ask them. He seemed to read my facial expression because next he was saying.

“Evie, I know this may seem unrealistic and I know we’ve only met less than a day ago… but last night you said you felt this pull, this connection to me and I want you to know I feel the same” I gave him an incredulous look and he raises his eyebrows at me confused.
I couldn’t help but laugh haphazardly, my shoulders shook but there was no humour behind it.

“I’m not lying” His seriousness sobered me up and I frowned.
“This is unnatural, are you saying we’re soul mates or something? Because I’m telling you there’s no such thing” I hand him his coffee and avoid looking at him.
“Well start believing Evie because we are and you may deny it but you said it yourself, you feel an irrational sense of wholeness when we’re together. I may have just met you but I care about you and I’ll always protect you” I saw a spark of emotion in his eyes and wondered if maybe there was a possibility.

I tuck a damp lock of hair behind my ear and look out the window. In the last 12 hours he had shown me more care than Will had ever done in our whole relationship. Matt had saved me from those drunk guys, he had been straight-forward and honest. He had been so amazing it was almost to good to be true.

“We barely know each other” I whispered, more to myself than anything but he heard.
“Then let’s get to know each other!” He stands up abruptly, startling me. He approaches and his large hands grip my upper arms. He brings his head down to hover inches to mine. My lips part open and his eyes trail down to them. I gulp nervously and blush.

“That sounds g-good,” I stutter and my cheeks were still tinted bright red “but what about Will?” He pauses and we lock eyes.
“I’ll deal with him” His voice is controlling and strong. He raises his head with a look of authority and power.

There was no doubt in my mind that something was odd about Matt. First the drunken men had almost bowed down to his mere presence, now he’s got this invincible aura about him. Not to mention our connection we have to one another. Everything about the situation was surreal.

‘Could he really be my soul mate?’ I deliberate, searching his eyes to see if he could be potentially lying but I saw only truth and love. There had to be more to this then meets the eye. ‘And I’ll find out in time’ I conclude.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd like to thank scarletdragon, fallen__girl and Loving Wolf Girl for all your lovely comments that motivated me to continue writing this story :) you guys are awesome ^-^