Status: In the process of editing!

When the Moon Rises

A Threat and A Promise

~Matt’s POV~

With every step I took toward him I had to keep taking deep even breaths to calm my nerves. I tried to think of something to start the conversation but they all included the sentence “Fuck off or I’ll kill you” and there was no way in hell that I was saying that. I didn’t want to start a fight here in a small café.

“You’re Will right?” I heard myself say with a somewhat average voice
“Yeah, hey you’re Matt from The Vicious Cycle. I was at your gig last night. It was pretty epic and your drum solo was mean. I also had the best time with you last night babe.” He smirks at the girl in front of him and she sends a playful wink back at him.

My blank face is replaced with a scowl but he doesn’t notice it. I fought hard to not punch his face in to a bloody pulp and I feel my right eyebrow twitch in annoyance. I glance at the girl and noted she wasn't as pretty as Evie, not even close. Although I’d be comparing every girl to Evie and she’d always be the best looking in the world.

“Uhhh yeah anyway I was just letting you know that last night I bumped into this amazing girl who was having issues with these drunken guys. She said her boyfriend was meant to take her home but he bailed on her. So I ended up walking her home and she showed me a picture of her douchefuck of a boyfriend. Evie said his name was Will” I finish my half made up story, giving him a dark werewolf look.

He glances to the girl in front of him and gulps. “That’s a weird coincidence that that guy has the same name as me.” He stares coldly at me and gives a fake nervous laugh “I mean I don’t have a girlfriend” He grins meekly at the girl and she quirks her eyebrows at him.

I chuckle at his response, sickened that he was trying to cover up his tracks for this girl but pleased that he was making my job so easy. “Yeah well, he certainly doesn’t have a girlfriend anymore aye mate.” I pretended to stare into space like I was think but I gave him a dangerous look from the corner of my eyes. I make sure to keep my facial expression bemused and innocent before continuing. “I mean if I ever saw him I’d be telling him something along the lines of: Go near her and I’ll show you what happens when you get on my bad side. And I'd make sure he was clear that it wasn't only a threat... it's a promise as well.”

I shrug casually and scratch the back of my head with a half smile. “Sorry for the rant, I mean you kinda look like him and you even have the same name”
“Matt you’re order's ready” Zoe calls and I turn around and walk off, sniggering at his bewildered, nervous manner. What a dumbass.
♠ ♠ ♠
Matt is such a turn on when he's angry ;) So what did you guys think of this one?