‹ Prequel: On Your Side
Sequel: Silent Restraint
Status: Check out the 3rd season, Silent Restraint. Right there--->

Louder Than Words

Episode 4.5: Surprise

Bayleigh woke up with a yawn. She rolled out of bed and answered the knocking at the door. Syd stood there, looking at the ground. He looked up when she answered the door. 

"What the hell are you holding?" she asked quietly. 

He looked from her to the puppy in his hands. It was tiny, barely bigger than his slim forearm

"His name is Zeke. He's a-uhm- peace offering." he held the dog out for her to take it, but she just stepped back from it. 

"For what?"

"I didn't mean to piss you off the other night." She honestly hadn't thought about it since it happened two nights ago. She had actually sort of enjoyed Syd's absence for the time. It gave her a moment to breathe, and Ally had enjoyed the 'girl time' outside of the chores. 

"How do you know I'm not allergic?" she asked. Syd pulled the dog back to his chest. 

"I- uhm- took the liberty of bringing your car into town while you were asleep to get the transmission fixed. There was a collar on the passenger side floor."

She frowned. "That belonged to my last dog, Coby, who turned out to not be a dog at all." Syd looked confused. "Skinwalker. Cousin to werewolves, but more like what you would think a shapeshifter is. He tried to kill Sam."

"Oh." He paused. "But this is just a puppy. He's a bull terrior. Hold him," Syd encouraged with a smile, holding the puppy out to her. It's tail started wagging slowly. She stroked it's brindled fur lightly and then grudgingly allowed it to be pit into her arms. 

She held him for a moment, then handed him back to Syd, the hopeful look on his face dissipating. 

"Thank you, really, but..." she swallowed, "I need to take a shower." 

<><><•later•><><>

Syd pulled up outside if the garage. Ally's car was gone, but the lights in the house were on. He opened the door, preparing himself to call out to Bayleigh, but choked in his words as he entered the living room. The TV was in quietly, The Doctor dancing around the TARDIS and waving his screwdriver. Bayleigh lay on the couch, breathing lightly. The puppy was snoring on her chest. A piece of paper was folded up under one of his tiny paws that said SYD in his sister's bubbly handwriting. 

<b> Aren't they just the cutest? Oh God I hope they're still sleeping together so you can see this. Anywho, dear Brother, I'm off to see Xavier. I'll probably spend the night. See you tomorrow after work!</b>

Syd folded up the note and smiled, looking at Bayleigh fondly. She took a shuddering breath in her sleep and shifted underneath the puppy, who lifted its head to yawn then flopped back sown with a little 'humph'. Syd climbed the stairs to bed. 

Zeke: http://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.pupcity.com/_old/09252083728846_2.jpg
♠ ♠ ♠
In celebration of the start of the second half of season 8, here's a short. Only another hour and it's on!!! I'm so excited(: