Status: Hi :)

Tie Me Down

Chapter 2

You know what? I can't do this. Carter and I just finished moving into our new house and he was already getting on my nerves. First, he kept moving the decorations around that I had put up, then he tried to take the whole closet that's in our room. I can't believe I have to live with this asshole for the rest of my life.

We were at the dinner table eating when my phone vibrated. I picked it up and smiled when I saw who the text was from.

Aaron! : Hey Mya!

Aaron was one of my childhood friends. He used to live across the street from me, but he moved to Chicago a couple weeks ago. I love this dude. He's like the brother I never had.

Me: Hey Aaron!
Aaron! : Wyd?
Me: Eating dinner with my ignorant ass fiance.

I looked across the table only to find Carter chewing with his mouth open. I made a disgusted face and looked down at my phone as it vibrated again.

Aaron! : Fiance?? You getting married??

I giggled at his reaction and quickly texted him back.

Me: Unfortunately. My parents' doing, not mine.
Aaron! : Damn, that's fucked up.
Me: I know. Makes me wish you were still here.

I set my phone down on the table and continued eating my dinner. My phone vibrated two minutes later and before I could get it, Carter reached across the table and snatched it up.

"Give me my phone Carter!"

He ignored me and slid his thumb across the screen, then typed in some numbers.

"Me too babygirl. If I could come back I would." he read aloud.

The fuck? How the hell did this nut know my password?

"Damn. You cheating on me already?" he asked with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes. "First of all, asshole, Aaron is just a friend, but your smart ass already knew that. And second of all, you have to actually be with someone to cheat on them. Last I checked I did not agree to this shit, so do me a favor and shut up."

I got up and walked over to him, snatching my phone out of his hand.

"Bitch." he muttered.

"Your mom." I said as I walked to the sink with my plate.

***************

"Carter, move over!"

"Nah, you'll be a'ight."

I was trying to go to sleep, but Carter, being the asshole he is, was taking up the whole bed.

"Stay on your side of the bed!" I huffed as I tried to push him. As hard as I tried, he wouldn't budge. All of a sudden he reached over and pulled me on top of him, securing his arms around my waist.

"What the hell are you doing? Let me go!" I screamed as I tried to free myself.

"Nope. You sleepin' right here since you wanna be pushin' on people."

Even though it was dark, I could that tell he had a smirk on his face. I squirmed and hit his chest, hoping that he would let me go.

"I wouldn't have pushed you had you been on your side of the bed."

He chuckled and said "Mya, no matter how hard you fight, I'm not gonna let go."

I stopped squirming and just laid there. There was no point in fighting anymore. I sighed, defeated.

"I hate you." I said as I laid my head on his bare chest.

"I love you too." he said sarcastically.

I punched him in his side.

"Ow!" he yelped.

"That's for taking over the bed. Asshole."

I woke up the next morning with the sudden urge to pee. I tried to get up, but something was holding me down. What the? I looked down and realized that it was Carter. His arms were still wrapped around me from last night and he had a tight hold on my waist. I tried to move his arms, and when I couldn't I tried to wake him up.

"Carter, get up." I said poking his cheek.

He groaned and mumbled something incoherent, then tightened his hold on me. Okay he needs to get up, like now, 'cause I gotta pee.

I poked his cheek again. "Carter. Wake up I have to pee."

This time I got no response, but I could see the corners of his mouth twitching.

"Dammit Carter, stop playing before I pee on myself! Let me go!" I yelled smacking his chest.

He burst out laughing and let me go. I jumped out of the bed and ran to the bathroom. I did my business and opened the door, looking over at Carter, who was still in bed laughing.

"Why do you have to be such an asshole?" I asked as I walked over to the bed and sat down.

His laugh died down to a chuckle as he crawled over to me and put his head on my shoulder.

"Aww, did I make you mad? I'm sorry Mya." he said looking up at me.

I made a stank face and pushed him off of me. He fell over and started laughing again. I got on my knees and started banging his head into the mattress.

"It's not funny asshole!"

He turned and grabbed my wrist then flipped us so that he was hovering over me.

"We ain't even married yet and already you're abusing me." he said shaking his head.

"Get off of me before I knee you where the sun don't shine."

He leaned down so that his mouth was next to my ear. "I wouldn't do that if I was you. You might ruin our chances of having kids."

"Ew, move!" I pushed him off and got up.

"What? Don't act like you don't want a little Mya or a mini Carter running around this house."

I rolled my eyes and went back into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I decided to hop in the shower and get dressed before making my way downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and instantly the smell of burnt food flooded my nostrils.

"What are you doing?" I asked Carter, who was standing over the stove.

"Cooking."

I walked over to the stove and burst out laughing when I saw what he was "cooking".

"Shut up Mya!" he said shoving me out of the way.

I tried to stop laughing, but I couldn't. "How in the hell do you not know how to cook eggs?" I asked in between laughs.

He glared at me then picked the pan up and threw the burnt eggs out.

"If you think it's so funny why don't you cook breakfast?"

I turned to look at him and arched a brow. "The fuck I look like making you breakfast? Your ass better eat some Frosted Flakes or some Cap n' Crunch, 'cause I ain't fixing shit."

He sucked his teeth and rolled his eyes before grabbing a Poptart out of the cabinet.

***************

"So, what's it like living with Carter?" my best friend Jessica asked.

"Like living with the Devil himself." I replied watching the waves roll in.

We were sitting on the beach like we do every other Saturday. We live in Miami, so we can basically come here anytime we want.

She chuckled. "Oh come on, it can't be that bad."

I looked at her like she had grew a second head. "Jess, you know how much of an asshole that boy it."

"Well at least he's a cute asshole." she said sipping her coffee.

I shook my head and giggled. "I'm serious. Putting me and Carter in the same house is like putting a cat and a dog in the same room. It's a disaster waiting to happen."
♠ ♠ ♠
Mya's outfit:
http://www.polyvore.com/untitled/set?id=76706982