Ye', I'm the Loud One

It's Over

T.Mills

I finish picking up the broken glass and vacuum the rest up. I head down the carpeted steps and make my way to the kitchen, putting some tea on the stove and some toast in the toaster oven.

What the heck is Jasmine going to think when Bella tells her what happened? Why the hell did I even have to tell Bella that I knew what had happened? I poured the tea into a cute cup and put the toast on a plate, making my way upstairs. I knock on Bella's door and she quickly opens, surprised to see what's in my hands.

"I'm sorry if I seemed like a jerk."

"No, it's fine. You were just trying to help." she says. She looks cute and tired.

"Can I come in."

"U-um, sure." she moves aside and I walk in, placing the tea and toast on her nightstand.

"I figured you probably didn't feel good, so here it is."

"Thanks so much. You didn't have to do that, you know?"

"It's fine."

We stay quiet at she eats her bread and drinks her tea. She looks at me and smiles, patting the space beside her bed. I sit beside her and soon I find myself moving closer. Once she's finished up I take her plate and put it back on the nightstand.

"Can I kiss you?" I ask stupidly.

"Travis, gosh, you're going out with my cousin."

"I can't even - I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm just homesick and I'm tired of Jasmine. I wanna dump her but I have no place to stay. I didn't even realize we were going out until much later. And I overhear her talking to her friends all the time about how she wants to make some guy jealous. I don't even know. I'm confused. And I like you. And I want to kiss you. So, please, just let me."

"I-I'm not like that. If we're gonna do this, we have to do it right."

"I know. What the hell is wrong with me?" I rub my head and lean in, pushing Bella back and kissing her intensely. She doesn't hold back and holds the back of my head.

"Okay," I get off of her and sit back up.

"That never happened." Bella says. She gets up, picking up the plate and cup and walking out of the room. What the hell is wrong with me?

+

"I need to dump him." I overhear Jasmine speak.

"It's all up to you, I can't have a say." Bella's voice is heard. Crap, I shouldn't have taken this nap.

I bravely and courageously walk in, looking at Jasmine.

"Do it then."

"I need to speak to you. You didn't hear the entire story."

"Go ahead. I'm pretty sure I can sum it up though. You met someone else and you're in love and you're dumping me."

"It's a bit more than that. I've been seeing a guy recently." her words make me feel relieved, but I don't hesitate on playing along.

"What? A-another guy?! Why would you do that to me?" I look over at Bella who struggles to keep in a laugh.

"I'm sorry, but it's over." Jasmine gets up and walks away, leaving Bella and I alone.

"Well, what now?"