But What If?

The phone call

Dan's POV

Phil and I are sat playing Sonic in the living room, as we have been for almost two hours, when Phil suddenly gets a call. We pause the game for a moment so he can look who’s calling. “It’s PJ…” He speaks, with a suspicious look on his face. “Pick it up then,” I say as that’s indeed what Phil does. “Hello?” Phil stands up and starts to walk around the living room for no other reason than he doesn’t know what else to do when on the phone. I can hear another voice on the line, but can’t understand what it’s saying. “Yeah, I’m fine.” Phil speaks before PJ talks again. “Yes, we talked.” … “Oh, really? What’s that then?” … “Oh, cool.”… “Yeah, I guess.” … “What? Um, no? I don’t think so?” Phil speaks, glances over at me, then walks off to his room where I can’t hear him any longer. I frown and decide to go to the kitchen for a glass of red wine. When I get to the kitchen, I get the bottle of wine and a glass. As I’m about to pour it in, I suddenly hear Phil raise his voice, something I’m not used to. “No, PJ, we’re not! Jesus!” I jump as I hear the sternness in Phil’s voice, causing me to spill the wine. It soaks into my shirt, leaving a stain. “Shit!” I mumble as I take off my shirt, running around the kitchen, not knowing what to do. I then realize I should probably wash it, so I run over to the washing machine and quickly throw it in the washer, as if every second will make a difference. I hope it works and I won’t have a red stain on that shirt forever now. I return to the kitchen to clean up the mess I’ve made there. I wipe everything clean, then pour myself a decent glass of wine as I realize it’s been quiet ever since Phil yelled. I put the bottle away and leave my glass in the kitchen as I head for my room, to get a clean shirt. Right at that moment, a door opens and Phil walks into the hallway. When he sees me, he rolls his eyes and immediately turns around again. “Oh, for Christ’s sake.” He mumbles as he disappears into his room again. What the hell? I walk into my room, change into my howl top and sit on my bed. Am I supposed to talk to Phil? He seemed pretty unpleased with seeing me… But then again he left his room, so he’d see me anyway… I sigh. I thought girls were complicated, I would never have guessed my flat mate to be even more complicated! I decide to go back to the kitchen for my glass of wine, no matter what.